Ranger X3

Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
Roof metal is slightly distorted from antenna violently pulling out. Easily and carefully push down on dorsal fin to try to relax the metal until the gasket is touching. Push lightly several times, check, repeat as needed.
No luck, the roof just flexes. Looks like I'm taking down the headliner down again this weekend. You are correct, the metal was all distorted, I had to bend some edges down. :beer:
Sponsored

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
The only touch free car wash near me is 10 miles away an it takes forever. The nice thing about the brush ones is a conveyer belt pulls the cars through each station. This makes a line go fast. The lazer wash near me does one complete car wash at a time so it's like 5 minutes per car ahead of you. The wash closest to me has the basic wash for $20 a month for up to 4 washes per day. They have improved the brush washes with softer materials an they keep the brushes an cars very wet an soapy to reduce friction. There must be a huge demand for the car washes since about 10 new ones have sprung up within a 20 mile radius an only one of the old ones closed.
It’s not demand…. Car washes are notoriously famous as money laundering facilities for Cartel and such.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
The antenna is back on, but it's not sitting flush, there is only so much you can tighten the screw. Any suggestions on how to close the gap?
69E73289-EB61-466A-A84C-4F74FFE48C44.jpeg
A good bead of automotive clear silicone around the base before setting it in place. Make sure you let it set up or skin for a bit, probably 20 minutes or so. This way when it pulls down it will compress it and seal tightly.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I never knew rock chips were so accurate to be 12-16 inches directly apart even in a line.
I ran 3 soft touch car wash locations in the Atlanta area back in the 80's for a large chain . You ought to see what a FM whip antenna does to the next car in line after it gets caught in the brushes :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I ran 3 soft touch car wash locations in the Atlanta area back in the 80's for a large chain . You ought to see what a FM whip antenna does to the next car in line after it gets caught in the brushes :)

I can only imagine what the pin striping looked like on those after that antenna wash. :shock: As far as car washes go it's a bad idea to go through themeless they're touch-less. Even the ones with the long microfiber arms are just taking the dirt from vehicles ahead of you and raking it all over your finish.

If I cant do it here at home I'll take it to the self serve ones with the wand and do it there. My driveway faces south and in the summer is always in the sun so at least in those bays you're out of the heat. Plus if you go early or late you can just detail right onside. ?

UtahShooting

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
My take on this is the brush ripped it off, but I think the antenna that sticks up is what the brush hit to pull the puck off. I bet if you had a shorty antenna there would not have been enough leverage for the brush to rip it off. Wonder if the shorty affects the cellular modem or just the am/fm strength? I see another accessory coming my way because I use the car wash.
I go through one of those automatic car washes with brushes at least once a week.

What's a good source for a stubby antennae?
Sponsored