First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
I set my front Bilstein 5100 to the third slot up (1.2) , it gave me 1.5 front lift according to before and after measurements, also reusing factory coils, just the right amount of leveling and the ride is far superior, also the shop charged me for 3 labor hrs at $80 hr in NC.

9D325629-ABB3-4578-ADD7-FD53C2DA7286.jpeg

745456E7-3DC6-47AA-919B-86BAF7DCF262.jpeg
Looks very nice.
Brian
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
This sounds like the perfect setup for me. I would like to be a bit more level and the added bonus of better shocks all around. I don't expect to off road much so my main concern would be on road ride.
Those that maxed out the front lift are you happy with the ride?

Last edited:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
This sounds like the perfect setup for me. I would like to be a bit more level and the added bonus of better shocks all around. I don't expect to off road much so my main concern would be on rod ride.
Those that maxed out the front lift are you happy with the ride?
I can't speak for rod ride but road ride should be great lol. I dont think maxing it out would be a good idea if you dont plan on putting weight up front and the fact that you have a truck you will from time to time put stuff in the bed and or put a trailer on. By doing such you dont want to go to far for leveling. If you do then your lights wont touch the road and that isnt a good thing. The way @NC Smoky Mtn Ranger did it would probably be the best way if you ask me.

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger xlt 4x4
Occupation
Floor Supv
Vehicle Showcase
exactly what I was thinking, although I will be going to the full 2.5”. Yours looks really good I’m planning on changing out the crash bars and going with 285/70/17 wild peaks with the lift.
I left a little rake for towing, I upgraded wheels to icon rebounds and still on factory Bridgestones, looking to go 255 75 17 Yokohama geolanders

erhoth

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Can anyone comment on how the ride is on the top setting of the 5100 for the Ranger??
Much Appreciated!

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
I'll jump in here and add that I just had Les Schwab install the 5100's, front and rear, and the difference is night and day. It drives now as you would expect - the "up-down-up" on almost every bump is gone. The ride is not harsh at all, and love the new look. Had them put it on the middle clip position.

Headlight aim was easy, too. Before the install, in the garage, I taped off where the lights were, and just matched them up after. The adjusters seemed to go forever. I just "knew" that they were going to unwind and end up in the engine bay, but they kept coming out.

The adaptive cruise works great. Pre-install, it actually was not level per the Fox install docs, and now it is actually closer to level now than before.

BTW - you can get that cover off the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) module w/o having to pull any of the trim panels. (I was looking at the Fox install PDF from Ford, and it is (supposedly) very convoluted to get the cover off the ACC module.)

20201128_160646.jpg

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
I'll jump in here and add that I just had Les Schwab install the 5100's, front and rear, and the difference is night and day. It drives now as you would expect - the "up-down-up" on almost every bump is gone. The ride is not harsh at all, and love the new look. Had them put it on the middle clip position.

Headlight aim was easy, too. Before the install, in the garage, I taped off where the lights were, and just matched them up after. The adjusters seemed to go forever. I just "knew" that they were going to unwind and end up in the engine bay, but they kept coming out.

The adaptive cruise works great. Pre-install, it actually was not level per the Fox install docs, and now it is actually closer to level now than before.

BTW - you can get that cover off the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) module w/o having to pull any of the trim panels. (I was looking at the Fox install PDF from Ford, and it is (supposedly) very convoluted to get the cover off the ACC module.)

20201128_160646.jpg
Looks excellent, glad you’re happy.
Brian

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic

20201128_160646.jpg
Nice truck Rick ,same as my wifes. Bret

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Hey, did you have to buy the shocks from Les Schwab for them to do the install? I heard they will only install what you buy from them? If not, what did they charge for the install and alignment? Thanks.

rparge

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired.
Their package price was right at $844, including 4 wheel thrust align, and yes, they ordered the shocks. Seems it was in line from what I had been seeing, it was 4 hrs labor.
I also ordered two new axle nuts from Ford and gave it to them to install.
If you review the Fox install PDF, it states to get new ones.
And I also warned them about not leaving the half shafts in the hub and trying to put the shocks in that way. There are several horror stories here about that.

Real happy, and no questions later down the road.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Will Les Schwab do the Bilsteins too as you mentioned the Fox Shocks? That seems very reasonable pricing. I will go with the Bilsteins. Thanks,

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I actually called around yesterday because my wife ordered me mine for Christmas lol. 4wheelparts wanted about 600$ for the install because I wasn’t sure if she ordered them from their. Another shop said 575 but can’t do it on a Saturday than I called a shop I had do something for another truck I used to have he remembered me and gave me a price with alignment for about 350$ So I’m not upset with any besides 4wheel parts charging extra because she may not have ordered through them. But all in all reasonable prices.
I’ll be ordering my wheels after Christmas so I’m excited to start the build rolling

Reactions: FoD

veloci1

First Name
andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4wd XLT Ionic Silver.
$350 is a great deal considering that the alignment is included.
i shopped around and got really upset about how much these thieves are charging for labor that i ended up doing it myself. really happy i did. no regrets.
2 hours and i was done. paid $100 for the alignment and $60 for installing the stock springs onto the 5100.
i love the way it rides now. but, like said, $350 is a great deal.

Last edited:

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Well the fiancé came through with the bilsteins looks like we’re leveling her out soon. Now I have to find a wheel package I like locally and we will be good to go!

erhoth

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Put the 5100's on all four corners. Fronts at the top perch and added BDS 1" rear shackles on the rear. Looks great and rides even better. Slapped some 255/75R17's (32x10) on and went off-roading. I was amazed at what this truck can do!
Sponsored