First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Wow , that looks great , exactly what I'm looking for . Thanks for the reply .
I'm going to order tires tomorrow so gotta choose between the Wildpeak or Scorpion now .
Hey there Benny,

Technically... 265/70/18 fits even without a lift or crash bar mods, but its stupidly close and I would not trust it with crazy high speeds on highways nor off-roading. Someone posted with highway tires(no aggresive treading) at 265/70/18 no lift/crash bar mods.

Do you mostly drive highway 95% of the time and don't do anything crazy off-road wise? Judging by the treading comparing the two, Pirelli Scorpion would perform better on-road and Falken Wildpeaks AT3 would perform better off-road. However, lots of users mentioning Wildpeaks performing amazing highway and in snow/rain. I have not tested that, I cannot say. However, with the more aggresive treading the Wildpeak has, certain bumps at 90mph will give ya a little scare on straights/highway ramp exits. Curves at 50-60 mph, bumps will def give a bit more of a scare. Otherwise, the wildpeaks perform amazing on highway and have minimal sound increase. The scorpions look quieter.

Warm regards,
Brandon

Edit: TLDR; if you don't drive super fast everywhere you go, the Falkens will exceed your expectations and perform amazingly off-road. If you drive super fast ALL the time and test certain limits, and don't off-road on crazy terrain then Scorpion as they look better highway wise and quieter from the tread design.

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. 100% stock. I'd recommend Toyo ATIIIs. Best tire I've ever used on a truck, and all I run on all three of mine right now.
Do you have a leveling kit on your Ranger ?

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks darn good Bryan. Come on, you still haven't switched out your side mirror turn signal indicators for the smoked amber LED SEQUENTIAL version off amazon for $35? It's sticking out like a sore thumb with all that black and blue! That was one of my most favorite mods, and it takes like 10 minutes. Taking off the skull cap is a little scary but was easy enough.
Thanks, Brandon. I hadn't even thought of changing out the signals on the mirror...the ones on the fender have been considered though.

The problem now...I won't be able to unsee the damn signals in the mirrors...thanks for that :LOL:

sandrzzz

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I’ve lurked here for what seems forever before deciding to pull the trigger on 265/70/17 Goodyear Ultraterrains. Almost did the KO2s again but I thought I’d try these this time because theoretically they handle rain better, and that might be a good thing here in in the Portland Oregon area. We will see. No lift - stock suspension, stock wheels, no rubbing.
694DDCBA-2454-44D7-8C97-EE574411B386.jpeg

masontuor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Anyone have an opinion whether or not I'd have a problem fitting 265/70R17 Toyo At3's on +18 Mayhem Voyager wheels on my 2019 XLT FX4 with no lift/leveling kit? I'll probably add a leveling kit in the near future but found a decent deal on that tire/wheel combo. Appreciate any help.

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve lurked here for what seems forever before deciding to pull the trigger on 265/70/17 Goodyear Ultraterrains. Almost did the KO2s again but I thought I’d try these this time because theoretically they handle rain better, and that might be a good thing here in in the Portland Oregon area. We will see. No lift - stock suspension, stock wheels, no rubbing.
Do you have a level kit ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have an opinion whether or not I'd have a problem fitting 265/70R17 Toyo At3's on +18 Mayhem Voyager wheels on my 2019 XLT FX4 with no lift/leveling kit? I'll probably add a leveling kit in the near future but found a decent deal on that tire/wheel combo. Appreciate any help.
You’d be fine at that diameter with stock wheels but that offset is concerning. You might want to search deeper on here to see if someone has done a similar setup or has used the same size tire on stock wheels but added a 1-1/2” spacer (same effect as +18mm offset)

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You’d be fine at that diameter with stock wheels but that offset is concerning. You might want to search deeper on here to see if someone has done a similar setup or has used the same size tire on stock wheels but added a 1-1/2” spacer (same effect as +18mm offset)
Thank You !

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
How they've been handling the last few days in all this rain lol? I'm just up the road and looking for a good wet weather tire. Was thinking Cooper 4S. (Got a Cactus too, the Scab version.)

Edit to ask: that wasn't you driving down the Goonies street in Astoria a few weeks ago? I was outside the house and waved to a Cactus FX4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Tobiath000

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
2.5 inch level and 1inch rear blocks. 265/70r17 general grabbers on 17x8 0mm off set. Once suspension settled it rubs ever si slightly in reverse at full lock. Would like to remove the crash bars are replace with high clearance ones and run a 285/70r17 in the future.

BD73E8BF-66BD-4F29-A2CB-F12FE776CC9B.jpeg