Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Tire Installer
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a Lariat Trim with the Tremor Package. I was looking to see if anyone else has gone to a bigger tire with this package. I know the Tremor actually comes stock with General Grabbers LT265/70R17 on a ~.87" lift or something like that.

I'm wanting to upgrade to the LT285/70R17 but want to know if the stock lift is good enough or will I still need to remove the crash bars?

I was looking into the SVC 2.5" leveling kit with collars but was told I might need a 2.5" to 3" leveling kit instead.

Screenshot 2021-11-13 205012.png

Screenshot 2021-11-13 205122.jpg

Drivers side profile.jpg

Passenger side Profile.jpg

Raygunn

First Name
Reagon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Building Automation
I’ve lurked here for what seems forever before deciding to pull the trigger on 265/70/17 Goodyear Ultraterrains. Almost did the KO2s again but I thought I’d try these this time because theoretically they handle rain better, and that might be a good thing here in in the Portland Oregon area. We will see. No lift - stock suspension, stock wheels, no rubbing.
Your truck looks awesome, did those larger tires hurt your MPG?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Any loss in MPG?
I only had the Hancooks on for a short time, so I can't really say how much difference they made. I get in the low 20s.

MagneticRed

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
retired
I’ve lurked here for what seems forever before deciding to pull the trigger on 265/70/17 Goodyear Ultraterrains. Almost did the KO2s again but I thought I’d try these this time because theoretically they handle rain better, and that might be a good thing here in in the Portland Oregon area. We will see. No lift - stock suspension, stock wheels, no rubbing.
694DDCBA-2454-44D7-8C97-EE574411B386.jpeg
I've been wanting to upgrade tires and rims but was waiting for the tires to need replacement. As luck would have it, I completely shredded one of my stock 18" Hancooks while off-roading this past weekend and damaged the rim in the process.

After seeing your post, I just pulled the trigger on the same set of tires. Going to have them mounted on Voxx GFX wheels. Will post pictures later.
1637627923487.png

MagneticRed

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
retired
I've been wanting to upgrade tires and rims but was waiting for the tires to need replacement. As luck would have it, I completely shredded one of my stock 18" Hancooks while off-roading this past weekend and damaged the rim in the process.

After seeing your post, I just pulled the trigger on the same set of tires. Going to have them mounted on Voxx GFX wheels. Will post pictures later.
1637627923487.png
Update: just had the 265/70/17's installed and they are rubbing both left and right lock. Any suggestions? They look great by the way.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Update: just had the 265/70/17's installed and they are rubbing both left and right lock. Any suggestions? They look great by the way.
265/70’s don’t rub without some other variable. If you’re not running spacers, it is almost certainly your new wheels. What’s the offset?

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Rubbing on crash bars? Some play in the front crash bars. Remove plastic cover and loosen bolts to slide forward. If that is not enough likely need to delete or replace them with lower profile.

MagneticRed

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
retired

1637627923487.png
265/70’s don’t rub without some other variable. If you’re not running spacers, it is almost certainly your new wheels. What’s the offset?
The new wheels have a negative offset, not sure how much. That's most likely the issue.

MagneticRed

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
retired
Rubbing on crash bars? Some play in the front crash bars. Remove plastic cover and loosen bolts to slide forward. If that is not enough likely need to delete or replace them with lower profile.
Rubbing both front and back. Looks like I'm going down the crash bar modification rabbit hole I was hoping to avoid.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yeah that negative offset is a big change from stock and will definitely cause clearance issues.

MagneticRed

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
retired
Rubbing both front and back. Looks like I'm going down the crash bar modification rabbit hole I was hoping to avoid.

MagneticRed

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
retired
Yeah that negative offset is a big change from stock and will definitely cause clearance issues.
Just got off the phone with Discount Tire. The new wheels are 0 offset. According to their fitment guide need at least negative 36. Don't know where their fitment guide was when I ordered the wheels from them, but as always they are going to make it right.
PXL_20211201_190147049.jpg

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just got off the phone with Discount Tire. The new wheels are 0 offset. According to their fitment guide need at least negative 36. Don't know where their fitment guide was when I ordered the wheels from them, but as always they are going to make it right.
Stock is +55. Won’t going more negative make the rubbing worse?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Those look sharp!!