First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
I am looking at 255/70 18. About 1 1\2" taller, but just slightly narrower. Seems like they should fit fine. I am going to replace the crash bars.

IcemanSTX

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
yeah I was looking at that exact calculation. the 275/75r17 post has a lot of people saying it is close to the UCA but still do able but most have lifts/levels so I wasn't sure about the height on none levels. Actually I am trying to talk myself out of spending the money for them now. Only reason I want them on my stock rims that are like yours is for looks.
I really want to get a level and then the black rhino armory rims with the 275/70 but that will be a bit.
What I should have done was order the truck with basic rims and tires, no fx2 or sport and spend the money on mods. But I order the truck before reading this forum. Live and learn
You will likely need spacers to run 275 75 R17 on the stock wheel to clear the UCA and spindle. Then you will likely rub against the crash bars.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
I am looking at 255/70 18. About 1 1\2" taller, but just slightly narrower. Seems like they should fit fine. I am going to replace the crash bars.
[/QUOT
Let me know how they fit. Take some pics

Reactions: Doc

lou5560

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm the 265/70-17 Cooper AT3s fit an FX4 with zero issues:

Huge improvement. Very impressed with the truck's capabilities on those tires.
Is that stock suspension with or without level kit? Those are the tires & size that I want for my Ranger.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
Is that stock suspension with or without level kit? Those are the tires & size that I want for my Ranger.
Yup. 100% stock. I'd recommend Toyo ATIIIs. Best tire I've ever used on a truck, and all I run on all three of mine right now.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I have read so much between this thread and the 275 thread that I don't remember what is what. Guess I will stick with the stock 265/65 until I can go all in
thanks !
I feel your pain . I'm not a tire guy so all this gets confusing ,LOL

I installed a 2.5" level and would like to fill the wheel well up just for looks right now . I'm never gonna off road the Ranger as that's what the Bronco is ordered for . If I've read correctly a 265/70r18 would fit ok of these factory wheels without issues ? I'm currently looking at Pirelli Scorpions or Falken Wildpeaks .

Thanks for any advice .

Here's a pic of the factory tires as it sits now .

Ranger level.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I feel your pain . I'm not a tire guy so all this gets confusing ,LOL

I installed a 2.5" level and would like to fill the wheel well up just for looks right now . I'm never gonna off road the Ranger as that's what the Bronco is ordered for . If I've read correctly a 265/70r18 would fit ok of these factory wheels without issues ? I'm currently looking at Pirelli Scorpions or Falken Wildpeaks .

Thanks for any advice .

Here's a pic of the factory tires as it sits now .

Ranger level.jpg
I'm not a tire guy either, I've only replaced mine when they're worn out but being on here I replaced mine when they were brand new. lol

I have the same level but my tires/wheels are 17's and going up to 265/70/17 they were perfect. Now the 18's are going to be 1" taller and there's plenty of room for that. You can play around with this chart here for sizing.

IMG_1405.jpg

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
yeah I have read so much between this thread and the 275 thread that I don't remember what is what. Guess I will stick with the stock 265/65 until I can go all in
thanks !
Hey there Jim. Just got a reaction to this post and re-read it. Something caught my eye. You mentioned 265/65 "stock"... So that means you have a 265-65-17? When we were talking about 265-65 I was referring to an 18 in wheel. That means you can squeeze by with more dimensions on the 17 wheel. 31.6 diameter is the sweet spot is what I hear for no lift or crash bar modification. That's taking in account you might off-road or drive crazy speeds and hit a certain bump you want full extension of suspension without it hitting any brake lines, spindles, UCA, crash bars, etc. Phil says they shove these bad boys on hoists and jump them up and down to test for full extension of suspension and how the tire size interacts. I trust their decision on this, I only went 5 taller. Keep in mind, again, no lift, no crash bar mods I would stick with 31.6 max.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a tire guy either, I've only replaced mine when they're worn out but being on here I replaced mine when they were brand new. lol

I have the same level but my tires/wheels are 17's and going up to 265/70/17 they were perfect. Now the 18's are going to be 1" taller and there's plenty of room for that. You can play around with this chart here for sizing.

IMG_1405.jpg
At least you only replaced tires - I’ve replaced wheels and tires…and you’ve likely guessed what’s next on the suspension end of things. I would post the take-offs for sale in the marketplace but what Ranger owner on here is looking for and extra set of factory wheels and tires or non-FX4 shocks and struts? Okay, what Ranger owner anywhere? ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there Jim. Just got a reaction to this post and re-read it. Something caught my eye. You mentioned 265/65 "stock"... So that means you have a 265-65-17? When we were talking about 265-65 I was referring to an 18 in wheel. That means you can squeeze by with more dimensions on the 17 wheel. 31.6 diameter is the sweet spot is what I hear for no lift or crash bar modification. That's taking in account you might off-road or drive crazy speeds and hit a certain bump you want full extension of suspension without it hitting any brake lines, spindles, UCA, crash bars, etc. Phil says they shove these bad boys on hoists and jump them up and down to test for full extension of suspension and how the tire size interacts. I trust their decision on this, I only went 5 taller. Keep in mind, again, no lift, no crash bar mods I would stick with 31.6 max.
How can you tell Brandon‘s a student? He did his homework, that’s how.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
At least you only replaced tires - I’ve replace wheels and tires…and you’ve likely guessed what’s next on the suspension end of things. I would post the take-offs for sale in the marketplace but what Ranger owner on here is looking for and extra set of factory wheels and tires or non-FX4 shocks and struts? Okay, what Ranger owner anywhere? ?
*raises hand* Something about the OEM machined wheels, got me having two sets... Plus, the stock hankooks actually are a great business decision from Ford. Can say they perform amazing on road at 32 pounds each vs 49 usual from upgrading tires to better off-road performers. Drove around in them today after having some time with the Falken Wildpeaks and man, it is a difference in on-road handling and made me surprised at Ford doing that right. It doesn't shock me though, they found the right tire for majority of the audience as most don't off-road too intensely. Hankook's perfect for highway, perfect for the minimal off-roader. non-fx4 shocks on the other hands... may make good pistons for a door as mentioned by I believe @D Fresh :crackup:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
At least you only replaced tires - I’ve replaced wheels and tires…and you’ve likely guessed what’s next on the suspension end of things. I would post the take-offs for sale in the marketplace but what Ranger owner on here is looking for and extra set of factory wheels and tires or non-FX4 shocks and struts? Okay, what Ranger owner anywhere? ?
I was going to get new wheels to but then we're talking offsets and at the time it was to darn confusing. :crazy:

They had some great sales on Black Friday (buy3/get 1 free) but I couldn't find a wheel I liked to go with the Saber color so I just stuck with the stock wheels.

I would list yours, you'd be surprised at those who either want a second set or someone who's curbed theirs or dinged them up off road. The shocks I'd just throw in the dumpster now! ?

Edit: The shocks might be good for some damper research? ?

Reactions: Doc

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to get new wheels to but then we're talking offsets and at the time it was to darn confusing. :crazy:

They had some great sales on Black Friday (buy3/get 1 free) but I couldn't find a wheel I liked to go with the Saber color so I just stuck with the stock wheels.

I would list yours, you'd be surprised at those who either want a second set or someone who's curbed theirs or dinged them up off road. The shocks I'd just throw in the dumpster now! ?
Sure, list those for the eight guys here in Canada; maybe four in Ontario, who have already put aftermarket tire and wheels on their trucks. Maybe there’s room in the dumpster for them and the shocks. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sure, list those for the eight guys here in Canada; maybe four in Ontario, who have already put aftermarket tire and wheels on their trucks. Maybe there’s room in the dumpster for them and the shocks. ?
I always forget you're way up there. You need to move back down here! :like::tumbleweed: