Anybody planning to lower their 2019 Ranger?

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
well new surprise. I finally getting ready to put my Belltech kit on and I go back on belltech site and see the control arms I ordered are for only alumium knuckles. I took a magnet to my 2020 ranger and the magnet sticks, so must NOT be alumium. Anyone else hit this snag?
That’s my fault. I have steel knuckles and bought a set of control arms from Belltech only to find that they don’t fit. I contacted them and they were kinda stupid about it. My last email was a suggestion to them to either fix the application or make them fit.
They offered to take them back but I declined. I’m planning on making a solution for steel knuckles, either a different ball joint or a sleeve for the existing one.

Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

19Bluecrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Supercrew Ranger
Occupation
Houseboy
Belltech customer service is just plain terrible. They are unresponsive, and uncaring of your problems. It is up to you, the customer, to push them along to a resolution.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Belltech customer service is just plain terrible. They are unresponsive, and uncaring of your problems. It is up to you, the customer, to push them along to a resolution.
Honestly I’m surprised they changed the listing for fitment.

RedRanger2020

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Retired
That’s my fault. I have steel knuckles and bought a set of control arms from Belltech only to find that they don’t fit. I contacted them and they were kinda stupid about it. My last email was a suggestion to them to either fix the application or make them fit.
They offered to take them back but I declined. I’m planning on making a solution for steel knuckles, either a different ball joint or a sleeve for the existing one.

I can hope. I sent an email to Belltech this evening. The ball joint is bolted to the arm so it must be replaceable. I asked what the ball joint is that is on the arm as assembled and if there is a replacement correct balljoint for the metal knuckles.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I can hope. I sent an email to Belltech this evening. The ball joint is bolted to the arm so it must be replaceable. I asked what the ball joint is that is on the arm as assembled and if there is a replacement correct balljoint for the metal knuckles.
They don’t seem to know. They were asking me to tell them what the measurements were.

RedRanger2020

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Retired
In the old days, when my dad ran a machine shop in the back of a NAPA, and I was fixing/building cars in High School ( 70's) the counter guys by sight often could direct you to a workable fix. Now its Year, brand, model, engine...

RedRanger2020

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Retired

So I am understanding you have yet to find a solution? I contacted Belltech. For whatever reason they asked for a picture of my factory spindle, so I sent them a photo showing a magnetic attached to the spindle. I got a reply in minutes.."Unfortunately, we do not have any control arms that will work on the steel spindles. You can always try looking into Cognito, they may have an adjustable control arm". I checked Cognito, they don't list any parts for Rangers. It is my life's experience to not mix aftermarket parts from different manufacturers.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
So I am understanding you have yet to find a solution? I contacted Belltech. For whatever reason they asked for a picture of my factory spindle, so I sent them a photo showing a magnetic attached to the spindle. I got a reply in minutes.."Unfortunately, we do not have any control arms that will work on the steel spindles. You can always try looking into Cognito, they may have an adjustable control arm". I checked Cognito, they don't list any parts for Rangers. It is my life's experience to not mix aftermarket parts from different manufacturers.
I also contacted Cognito and they were less than helpful for sure. I have one arm apart and have a couple ball joints in mind but none are just a bolt in thing. The only bolt in I can find has too big of a bolt pattern to fit. I’m really considering welding in cups and using uniballs and taper pins.

21rangerCactus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Self employed
I would like to lower just the rear a bit if I could. I don't tow or haul anything heavy. Would make it easier to get things out the bed without having to climb in and load our bikes.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I would like to lower just the rear a bit if I could. I don't tow or haul anything heavy. Would make it easier to get things out the bed without having to climb in and load our bikes.
You asked a question many of us has asked since the 5G came out. The answer is yes it can be done, but not easily or pretty.

You can have the rear leafs de-arched by a spring shop. There have been a few that have done this. The issue seems to be life of the spring after this is done. And our springs done have a lot of arch to take out any way. The other way is to do an axle flip and get the axle above the spring. This will start with an approximate 6" drop. Only way to get less is to put longer shackles on to raise it back up. That long of shackles don't do any good for rear suspension stability. The other big issue with an axle flip is the clearance of the axle to the frame rail when you put it on top of the spring, so you loose suspension travel in the up direction.

Ford designed the suspension to be easily jacked up for more clearance and off-roading and not being lowered for a street only truck.

importfighter01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL SuperCab
They don’t seem to know. They were asking me to tell them what the measurements were.
I called them once to ask if the ball joint part number could be given to get a replacement if ever needed. They told me it’s not available for purchase. If ever needed a new one have to buy a new control arm from them.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I called them once to ask if the ball joint part number could be given to get a replacement if ever needed. They told me it’s not available for purchase. If ever needed a new one have to buy a new control arm from them.
Yup, they were kinda ignorant when I was buying the lowering kit too. They actually told me that they were not going to give technical support on their own product unless I bought it directly from them instead of my warehouse. They don’t know anything about their products, and have a bad attitude on top. I’m still surprised that they even listened to me at all about it control arms.

melficeapoll

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RN
Why can't we just have a different company provide a kit for this Gen? Makes no sense why Bell-dick has a monopoly on the lowering scene for the 5g.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
Why can't we just have a different company provide a kit for this Gen? Makes no sense why Bell-dick has a monopoly on the lowering scene for the 5g.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
I was thinking this exact thing.

RedRanger2020

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2WD
Occupation
Retired
Question for all the Ranger folks who did the 2" inch Belltech drop of the front without their contriol arm replacements. Since I dont have aluminum knuckles and Belltech does not support iron knuckles, How far out is your front alignment ( or how close to spec) can you get your front alignment?
Sponsored