AA Wireless (turns Android Auto into wireless Android Auto)

Czaplewskin

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Lariat FX4
That makes sense since you're choosing to use WiFi for Android Auto instead of WiFi for internet. I am not sure if you can do both at the same time :(
I just that that AA wireless would connect via Bluetooth, then my phone would connect via wifi through the truck to the AT&T wifi. Not a big deal, but I find myself unplugging AA wireless & plugging in my phone to get the charge! :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
TechnicallyReal

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I just that that AA wireless would connect via Bluetooth, then my phone would connect via wifi through the truck to the AT&T wifi. Not a big deal, but I find myself unplugging AA wireless & plugging in my phone to get the charge! :(
:( AA uses both WiFi and bluetooth

Czaplewskin

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Lariat FX4
I guess I'm learning that, I just assumed it was bluetooth. My bad for sure. I still really, really like the option to use it, especially when I have several short trips to do in one day (I just have to make sure that I charge my phone overnight)!

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
Usually you need to have a Quick Charge 3.0 adapter for these wireless pads to fast charge. Not sure what Samsung provides, but it may be USB PD (power delivery) which is a more standardized version of fast charge, which most wireless pads aren't designed for.
Update: received the 12V to 5V converter (4.2A max, Quick Charge 3.0) I ordered from Amazon and verified Quick Charge is working fine with the wireless pad @DirkM sent me with his bracket. This install is a go...when I get my truck. Thanks again Dirk!

20210511_155426.jpg

Last edited:

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I hadn't even thought about this lol...oh well I tend not to use my phone for ridiculous amounts of data while driving and I'm guessing it won't impact the ability of passengers to connect to the vehicle WiFi Hotspot?

OP
OP
TechnicallyReal

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
I hadn't even thought about this lol...oh well I tend not to use my phone for ridiculous amounts of data while driving and I'm guessing it won't impact the ability of passengers to connect to the vehicle WiFi Hotspot?
I don't think it'll affect passengers at all :)

Sib6019

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Account Manager
Update: received the 12V to 5V converter (4.2A max, Quick Charge 3.0) I ordered from Amazon and verified Quick Charge is working fine with the wireless pad @DirkM sent me with his bracket. This install is a go...when I get my truck. Thanks again Dirk!

20210511_155426.jpg
Do you have the Amazon link for converter?

cpnkirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Just ordered my aawireless. Very excited about this, as I was a bit disappointed it wasn't in the Ranger from the factory. Looks like the shipping is all the way out to October, though :(

Maybe they'll get ahead and I can get it early.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Chip delays keep pushing dates out - but I think this will be worth the wait!
Also for any on the fence the developer for AAwireless is the same as the one who developed ODB2AA, which allows for gauges to be displayed on the main screen. He does GOOD WORK!
Forum Thread HERE

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Mine arrived this week and installed this morning. Plug and play easy!
Works well so far. well worth the cost and wait.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Cool, that's good to hear. I finally received a tracking # like 3 weeks ago from DHL but it's one of those deals where the number is generated but nothing is in the shipping company's hands yet. No updates since then. I hope mine hasn't gone missing after waiting so long.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, that's good to hear. I finally received a tracking # like 3 weeks ago from DHL but it's one of those deals where the number is generated but nothing is in the shipping company's hands yet. No updates since then. I hope mine hasn't gone missing after waiting so long.
Mine took about a month - local post office marke it return to sender address incomplete for 2 days. 3rd try it got delivered, and address was 100% correct. Not sure what was going on.

Still going good. Did notice if I plug my phone in the wired AA tries to launch.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
I recieved mine a few months ago and never saw this thread. Works great, the only problem already mentioned is you never charge your phone. Guess I need to send Dirk some money.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I recieved mine a few months ago and never saw this thread. Works great, the only problem already mentioned is you never charge your phone. Guess I need to send Dirk some money.
His wireless charging setup is money well spent! The Ranger should have had one already but it's great that he filled the void.
Sponsored