First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Supercrew Lariat FX4
Occupation
System administrator
Just went through my Android Auto app and it has an option for bluetooth wireless. Have not tried it yet but will later on. An additional adapter may not even be needed.

Screenshot_20220111-050133.png
You've got to run Bluetooth and wifi to do Android wirelessly, to do it well with, 5 not 2.4. It definitely requires hardware to ditch the cable unfortunately.

Bdubjax

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System administrator
You aawireless folks.... Does it transmit the navigation data and the music data to the dash, meaning on the right 4 inch screen does it give turn by turn if on navigation and the song info if on music or does it say see display on the navigation screen and audio detected on the music screen? (Assuming lariat display cluster)

Drove me crazy enough I sent my ottocast back today. I want to find something stable, that has the same audio quality as if plugged in, and that transmits the data so I don't lose the 4 inch screen.

PXL_20220509_182804549~2.jpg

PXL_20220509_182942212~2.jpg

Last edited:

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
Oh I hate when clocks aren't sync'd. Problem is running fast enough to get them set at the same time. And the stove is the worst cause it has no back button. If I go too far then I need to start all over.
No the worst is the microwave runs fast for whatever reason. it is off by a couple of minutes every 6 months. unless we get brown out and then the stove goes fast (or slow)

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
You aawireless folks.... Does it transmit the navigation data and the music data to the dash, meaning on the right 4 inch screen does it give turn by turn if on navigation and the song info if on music or does it say see display on the navigation screen and audio detected on the music screen? (Assuming lariat display cluster)

Drove me crazy enough I sent my ottocast back today. I want to find something stable, that has the same audio quality as if plugged in, and that transmits the data so I don't lose the 4 inch screen.

PXL_20220509_182804549~2.jpg

PXL_20220509_182942212~2.jpg
Install the Apple Car Play device I linked above in my earlier post. This is a standalone device and performs perfect. To your audio and nav questions -- Yes ... I run Pandora and it plays in the background - And doesn't require any center screen space. I also run nav from it and this plays in full screen. If one wishes one can activate split screen and run yet again another app on the other half. I had so much trouble with AA - Not one issue with Car Play. Check out the link I posted and watch a couple of Tube video's - Maybe you'll be convinced to make the switch. Good Luck.

Bdubjax

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System administrator
In another thread I got confirmation that the right screen functionality remains with aawireless device. Going that route. Appreciate the info! https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...-into-wireless-android-auto.12348/post-416173

Install the Apple Car Play device I linked above in my earlier post. This is a standalone device and performs perfect. To your audio and nav questions -- Yes ... I run Pandora and it plays in the background - And doesn't require any center screen space. I also run nav from it and this plays in full screen. If one wishes one can activate split screen and run yet again another app on the other half. I had so much trouble with AA - Not one issue with Car Play. Check out the link I posted and watch a couple of Tube video's - Maybe you'll be convinced to make the switch. Good Luck.

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
The AA wireless dongle is the better way to go vs the moto device for the simple fack the firmware is upgradeable and the devs are very active with new versions.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Oh I hate when clocks aren't sync'd. Problem is running fast enough to get them set at the same time. And the stove is the worst cause it has no back button. If I go too far then I need to start all over.
As a public service for Ranger 5G, I have compiled OCD instructions for syncing multiple clocks:
  • Familiarize yourself with the time it takes for each individual clock to quit blinking and return to normal operation from "Set," usually 8-10 blinks. Note that some clocks you may have will start the set time immediately, and not blink at all.
  • Time the reset of the clock so that it is at the forthcoming minute the 8-10 seconds before the actual change; the blink should stop at XX min :00 seconds of the new time.
  • Repeat this procedure for each clock, don't try to do two or more clocks at once. (for Phil, Who has over 200 clocks!)
  • For battery operated sweep second hand clocks, remove the + end of the battery.
  • Set the time for one minute ahead of actual time.
  • Note the second had position, and as the actual time approaches, push the battery back in. Note: some clocks of this type have an inertia delay in starting, so you may need to reinstall the battery a second early.

Bdubjax

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System administrator
It arrived today and I am 100% pleased.
Fast boot
Firmware update was quick and painless
The dash screen works
This thing is mega tiny. I won't see it as it's going below a charging tray soon but man.

When trying to use the ottocast I couldn't ever get it to update, it was larger than this, had quality issues with the signal, couldn't use my right 4 inch screen on the dash, and it cost way more.

I asked about Motorola only because it was certified so I assumed better luck, glad I went this route, thanks for the help.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
The AA wireless dongle is the better way to go vs the moto device for the simple fack the firmware is upgradeable and the devs are very active with new versions.
The AAW also has some extra options that I don't think the moto offers, such as changing the screen DPI (so that everything is a little smaller and you can see more map, or perhaps do the opposite if that's more your thing).

I'm a big fan of the AAWireless not just because I have it but because the guys who developed it are very deserving of any money that comes their way for all of the projects that they worked on and contributed to surrounding Android Auto and Android in general. They're also simply great guys. I'm a beta tester for that product and have been in contact with them directly for some time. They're the best.
Sponsored

Last edited: