OP

NooTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Did you get around to trying a different cable? As mentioned earlier Google discovered that most of people's issues were cable-related but it took a long time for that discovery to be made. I've never had issues with AA in any of my vehicles but I've only had better-than-average cables.

Sidenote - today I went wireless thanks to "AA Wireless". I was an early backer in the Indiegogo campaign. It works greast! For those not in the know: it's a little device that you plug in where you would normally plug your phone in, and it allows you to use Android Auto wirelessly. It works super well with the Ranger. Also they were aware of the cable issue so the little cable that comes with it is known to be good :p
Yeah, I've tried three different cables, two of which are good quality. Still having issues where the map freezes up (both Google Maps and Waze), and I have to unplug my phone and plug it back in to restore functionality.
Sponsored

Gazmic

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Machinist
NooTrucker, have you tried someone else's android phone? You tried multiple cables with no luck. I would try a few phones with the same cables just to test things out. I also kind of remember the left USB port was the primary one. Could be wrong or maybe doesn't matter. Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
OP

NooTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
NooTrucker, have you tried someone else's android phone? You tried multiple cables with no luck. I would try a few phones with the same cables just to test things out. I also kind of remember the left USB port was the primary one. Could be wrong or maybe doesn't matter. Good luck and keep us posted.
No, I haven't, but it's a good idea. My wife has an iPhone, so I don't have another Android phone handy.
Sponsored