First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
And then I went out and bought a 23 Taco Today.
Does that mean we won't have to look at your horrible avatar much longer?
Other than that sorry to see you go.
Sponsored

RDJTX

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger 2023 Ford Edge 1995 Cobra
Occupation
IT Demi-God
with something like 9 iterations to choose from they will lose sales due to people waiting for a sales guy to get done with the couple before them that can't make up their damn mind. Frankly I was unimpressed with any of the 2024s. taco ranger et al

Reactions: EJH

JustSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Toyota making most configurations and choices. Want to see the EPA numbers. I like it. I wonder if the mpg vs power will be as good as our Ranger 5gs? Interested to see SR5 xtra cab pricing.
That is the question for me. The Tacoma is better looking and, likely, higher quality. But, hard to beat the Ranger's MPGs.

I have vowed to never buy another Ford product after how Ford has ignored the oil dilution issue, but Ford will have to give away the dated-before-it-arrives 6G now that the Taco will be out at the same time. Will great MPG and a much lower price make me change my mind? Thinking . . . thinking . . . thinking . . . hell no.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Yay! Another big tablet slapped on top of the dash like an afterthought
So sick of vehicles "needing" a freaking laptop gorilla glued to the dash. Buttons and switches work fine. And often look better.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Toyota put a lot of effort into this to remain #1 in midsized trucks and conquest new buyers. Ford offers an updated midsized truck for Ford guys with blue blood. They look at this market differently because it's a big deal for Toyota and for Ford it's just to use up excess manufacturing space at the Bronco plant.

I only drive Ford, but if you are open to different brands this is definitely worth a look. Other then the Raptor, the 2024 Ranger is much more limited in models then the 5G. This is a bread and butter truck for Toyota so it's not surprising they put about 10x the effort into it versus Ford with the Ranger
IMHO you summed up the Ford vs Toyota market attitude perfectly.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Congratulations, Toyota! You just invented the... (checks notes)... 2002 Chevy Avalanche!

avalanche.jpeg

Actually, that is an insult to the Avalanche. The new Tacoma is MUCH uglier.
Uglier than the Avalanche? Struggling to comprehend if that is even possible....
Regardless, yea, that new Taco is pretty ugly.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
17 and 13. And I'm counting the days. Hopefully they don't stay till 20. But they're good kids. Can't complain. Much.
Love my kids. Luv 'em. But empty nesting is where it's at. :rockon:

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
IMHO you summed up the Ford vs Toyota market attitude perfectly.
Been reading through some of the Toyota forums and there’s plenty of hate over the Tacoma moving away from the V6 to the turbo 4-cylinder and electric motor setup despite the power increase. With that news, folks on Reddit are posting dealer pricing for outgoing Gen 3 V6s, some with as much as a $15k markup! Effectively asking ~$72k for a TRD Pro V6. It’s interesting to see Toyota move away from the beloved V6 to strictly 4 cylinder, while Ford adds a V6 to their lineup. I’d imagine that there will be plenty of markups for the incoming Toyotas as well, especially the TRD Pro variants. Likely to see those in the ~$65k range or more after dealer markup.

We’ll see what Ford dealers do for their top trims for the Ranger. Suspect we may see markups on the Raptors. I’m hanging onto my Gen 5 and let others eat all that cost.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
That’s a good looking truck, love the blue. Four door cab with a 6’ bed sounds good too but, I don’t think I’ll buy a first year truck again. Also like that hybrid engine option.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Been reading through some of the Toyota forums and there’s plenty of hate over the Tacoma moving away from the V6 to the turbo 4-cylinder and electric motor setup despite the power increase. With that news, folks on Reddit are posting dealer pricing for outgoing Gen 3 V6s, some with as much as a $15k markup! Effectively asking ~$72k for a TRD Pro V6. It’s interesting to see Toyota move away from the beloved V6 to strictly 4 cylinder, while Ford adds a V6 to their lineup. I’d imagine that there will be plenty of markups for the incoming Toyotas as well, especially the TRD Pro variants. Likely to see those in the ~$65k range or more after dealer markup.

We’ll see what Ford dealers do for their top trims for the Ranger. Suspect we may see markups on the Raptors. I’m hanging onto my Gen 5 and let others eat all that cost.
I think another good reason to wait is other then a few cases of lemons the 5G Ranger has been a pretty reliable and durable truck. Ford doesn't have the best record lately with re-designs. A good case in point would be the proven and reliable 2019 Explorer being replaced with the unreliable 2020 Explorer. The quality just fell off a cliff with that model. It's now getting better, but the reliability drop from the 2019 to 2020 was shocking. The Ranger 6G isn't as all new as the Explorer was, but it might be good to watch it for a bit.

ppfd

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
From what I’ve read, you can’t get the TRD with the manual. TRD is only available with the hybrid and you can’t get the hybrid with the manual in any trim. The manual is only available in the lower trims, I think.
Thought I heard in one these reveal vidoes that the TRD off road did come with a 6 speed as an option. I'm sure more exact information will be out soon.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
smart on their part in finally saying "hey , were Japanese and WE cant even fit back there so screw it , have some storage ..." i stopped by the Taco Hut on my way yesterday and gave the sales person (i dont know what to call people anymore ) my name and said "call me when you get one", "October" was the response...
Sponsored