First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Occupation
Soldier
https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/2024-ford-ranger-supercrew-with-long-bed-spotted-testing-in-u-s/

2024-Ford-Ranger-Super-Crew-Long-Bed-Prototype-Spy-Shots-June-2022-Exterior-011.jpg

So I'd love to start a discussion on this, and not on Ranger6G. You RARELY see this combination on the current Colorado, even here in Iowa where Colorados are EVERYWHERE and Chevy actually outsells Ford overall. When you see one, the oddness of it really stands out. The Colorado LT/Z71 already ride so low, this looks like a limousine.
colorado.jpg

I've never even seen the Tacoma crew cab with its 6' bed option.
toyo1.jpg

Even the F-150 Raptor on 37" tires looks good with a 5'5" bed, and that thing is monstrously large.
2021-ford-f-150-raptor-with-headlights-on.jpg

Is it being called a 2024 now in the US market?
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'll copy my post from the R6G site.

Meh not for me. If I wanted a long cab and long bed I'd buy an F150. One thing I love about my Ranger is it's size and to be able to fit in my garage. Also parking it in tight spots is a breeze.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
My garage is big enough for a 1/2 ton SuperCrew long bed, so that isn't a problem. But like others, the overall length (and width) of the current Ranger 5G is perfect for my needs. More is just more hassle.

I was thinking if I did upgrade to the new body style, I would move to a Supercab. I sure hope this doesn't mean starting in 2024, the Supercab option is going away, allowing them to make just one cab style and vary the bed lengths. :(

OP
OP
foxunderhill

foxunderhill

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
Occupation
Soldier
My garage is big enough for a 1/2 ton CrewCab long bed, so that isn't a problem. But like others, the overall length (and width) of the current Ranger 5G is perfect for my needs. More is just more hassle.

I was thinking if I did upgrade to the new body style, I would move to a Supercab. I sure hope this doesn't mean starting in 2024, the Supercab option is going away, allowing them to make just one cab style and vary the bed lengths. :(
It would make sense, the first Jeep Gladiators were delivered in 2019 and they still don't offer anything but a crew cab and 5' bed.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
It would make sense, the first Jeep Gladiators were delivered in 2019 and they still don't offer anything but a crew cab and 5' bed.
I will grant you that the guys in finance probably would think the switch made sense. It probably is cheaper to have two different length frames than two completely different cab styles. Bummer if that is what it turns out to be. :(

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
In one respect, a selfish one, I hope they do get rid of the Scab then mine will be even more of a collector's item. A scab with a 6" bed minus the ugly, squat look and the same-as-every-other-truck front end :sunglasses:

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I won't argue that an option for the Crew Cab Long bed(6ft) would be a good idea. But it wont be a great idea if you plan to go OffRoad. Why? Simple, a longer Wheelbase wont do as well with Clearance.

Thats my input

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
When I was shopping, the 6-ft bed/crew cab combination was the biggest reason I was considering a Colorado. The Chevy dealership didn't have any in stock and was going to have to bring one in from another dealership. The sales guy said he had only ever sold that configuration once. Clearly there is a market for it in people like me, but it's a really niche market so I'm a bit surprised to see Ford going in that direction.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep ran market research and found something like 94% of their potential buyers preferred Crew Cab Short Bed.

This forum extremely skews reality since it's enthusiasts.

I've never seen a SuperCab Ranger here unless it was a white XL fleet truck, even then I'm scratch my head to think if that is even true.