First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
My first Ranger was a XLT long bed with dual fuel tanks. I loved that thing. I could go forever before worrying about getting gas. It did everything I wanted/needed. I would love to see the ne Rangers will longer beds too.

As far as size goes. The 5G Rangers are real close to the size of the 97 F150 extended cab I had. That F150 had the long bed (7 foot).

A far as the Jeep Gladiator goes, It was the high door sills and lack of towing capacity that kept me from buying one. I had narrowed my choice down ti the Gladiator and the Ranger. The Gladiator only has a 4,500 pound towing capacity which is only 500 pounds more than the new Maverick.
The Gladiator Sport and Sport S models with the max tow package will tow a 7,650 pound load. This is with the V6 and 8 speed auto.
Sponsored

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
The Gladiator Sport and Sport S models with the max tow package will tow a 7,650 pound load. This is with the V6 and 8 speed auto.

According to jeep.com the towing capacity of a Jeep Gladiator with the V6 is 4,000 pounds.

https://www.jeep.com/gladiator/specs.html

Yes it will tow up to 7,650 with the additional "max tow package" for an additional $1695 vs the Ford Ranger factory tow package for $495.

And unless things have changed since I bought my 2016 Cherokee or 2018 Renegade, Chrysler does NOT include an electronic brake controller either.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
According to jeep.com the towing capacity of a Jeep Gladiator with the V6 is 4,000 pounds.

Yes it will tow up to 7,650 with the additional "max tow package" for an additional $1695 vs the Ford Ranger factory tow package for $495.

And unless things have changed since I bought my 2016 Cherokee or 2018 Renegade, Chrysler does NOT include an electronic brake controller either.
You said: A far as the Jeep Gladiator goes, It was the high door sills and lack of towing capacity that kept me from buying one. I had narrowed my choice down ti the Gladiator and the Ranger. The Gladiator only has a 4,500 pound towing capacity which is only 500 pounds more than the new Maverick.

Not trying to get into an argument here, however there is the max tow package as I mentioned. Your statement that advises the Gladiator will only tow 4000 pounds is not accurate, if you add the max tow package. I do not know if there is an electronic brake controller available, however I bet just like the Rangers, one could be added from the aftermarket. Looks to me it has the best in class towing ability for a mid sized truck, a bit more than the new Maverick!

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Not trying to get into an argument here, however there is the max tow package as I mentioned. Your statement that advises the Gladiator will only tow 4000 pounds is not accurate, if you add the max tow package

Yes it does sound like you are being a little argumentative here especially since I did mention the "max tow package" in my last reply that you quoted. But the main specification page for the Gladiator states 4,000 pounds max towing capacity and does not mention the "max tow package" See the link I posted above.

I had to goto the build page to even find where the "max tow package" was even available.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Yes it does sound like you are being a little argumentative here especially since I did mention the "max tow package" in my last reply that you quoted. But the main specification page for the Gladiator states 4,000 pounds max towing capacity and does not mention the "max tow package" See the link I posted above.

I had to goto the build page to even find where the "max tow package" was even available.
Most dealers that I was aware of when I owned my Gladiator Rubicon ordered some of the Sport and Sport S models with the max tow package. It is a popular option. I guess it was just easy for me to find that info when I was looking at the Gladiators. If being a little argumentative in your understanding is pointing out something that is incorrect in a non-aggressive or non-condescending way, then so be it. If I can learn from others and have made an error in my understanding of something, I appreciate their helpfulness and letting me know the correct information. Have a nice evening.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
If being a little argumentative in your understanding is pointing out something that is incorrect in a non-aggressive or non-condescending way, then so be it
I pointed out the exact specs that Jeep has posted on their own website. And nowhere under the specifications webpage does it list the max tow package.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 10.48.22 PM.png

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
I pointed out the exact specs that Jeep has posted on their own website. And nowhere under the specifications webpage does it list the max tow package.

Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 10.48.22 PM.png

It is not listed under the specs page. If you go to "utility", that is where the max tow is listed as it is an add on package.
2022 Jeep® Gladiator Utility - Prime Payload Capability
In any event, I see how it could be a bit misleading if you only check the standard specifications.
I give up...LOL!
You win this debate!

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/2024-ford-ranger-supercrew-with-long-bed-spotted-testing-in-u-s/

2024-Ford-Ranger-Super-Crew-Long-Bed-Prototype-Spy-Shots-June-2022-Exterior-011.jpg

So I'd love to start a discussion on this, and not on Ranger6G. You RARELY see this combination on the current Colorado, even here in Iowa where Colorados are EVERYWHERE and Chevy actually outsells Ford overall. When you see one, the oddness of it really stands out. The Colorado LT/Z71 already ride so low, this looks like a limousine.
colorado.jpg

I've never even seen the Tacoma crew cab with its 6' bed option.
toyo1.jpg

Even the F-150 Raptor on 37" tires looks good with a 5'5" bed, and that thing is monstrously large.
2021-ford-f-150-raptor-with-headlights-on.jpg

Is it being called a 2024 now in the US market?
Thanks for posting this. I personally do not need an extra-long bed and do not like the looks of it. Still, I know that some members want one, and I am glad that they will have the option going forward. It is also a good sign for Ranger's future if Ford is expanding options instead of trimming them...

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Well the thread title is misleading, ain't no extended cab that I see up in here , sadly ? very f'n sadly really...

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Well the thread title is misleading, ain't no extended cab that I see up in here , sadly ? very f'n sadly really...
Although there are quite a few outspoken people on this forum about the SuperCab it's a tiny seller for Ford in the North American market. That doesn't make it a bad thing, but does to the bean counters. The rest of the world is getting a SuperCab version so it is possible North America will too, but we won't know until they show the 2024. I can see the argument being made that the SuperCab is such a small production share already and of that share the main reason was to get a 6 ft. bed it makes sense to just build SuperCrew models with 2 different frame and bed lengths. They might also think that the people who bought a SuperCab only because it's the cheapest option will now step down to a Maverick.

Of course I am just speculating and we won't know until they show the 2024 model. I would never buy a SuperCab, but having more options for the customer is a good thing. With that said, Ford going to SuperCrew only in North America wouldn't shock me.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
Having owned both cab styles, I can say each has its positives and negatives.

I really don't need the crew cab even though my dog likes the extra space and bench seat. On the other hand the SCAB can be difficult to load things into the back seat area in parking lots with both doors open.

I would definitely be interested in either cab style with a longer bed. I said before that the new Rangers are very close in size to the older F150s. I had no issues fitting my 97 F150 extended cab long (7Ft) bed with homemade 3" cattle guard into my garage. Yes it was a pain at times in parking lots but the extra bed length made up for that when I had to haul stuff.

I say bring on the option for a 6 foot bed with crew cab and 7 foot bed for the SCAB.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
I'll go to a regular cab before crewcab , I would rather have a XL regular cab than I would a Lariat Crewcab , I'm almost 60 and I have NEVER had a car or truck with more than 2 doors , ill gladly ride in the back of someone else's Lariat Crewcab , And I REALLY appreciate that you have one so it's easier on me to get in the back , but I shan't return the favor... the long beds and long cab should be called the "Dachshund " package ... sorry ... I'm really kinda pissed ?

Kinda forgot all the mods have Lariat crewcabs ...

Yes , now that I think about it ?, Crewcab FTW ...

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I'll go to a regular cab before crewcab , I would rather have a XL regular cab than I would a Lariat Crewcab , I'm almost 60 and I have NEVER had a car or truck with more than 2 doors , ill gladly ride in the back of someone else's Lariat Crewcab , And I REALLY appreciate that you have one so it's easier on me to get in the back , but I shan't return the favor... the long beds and long cab should be called the "Dachshund " package ... sorry ... I'm really kinda pissed ?

Kinda forgot all the mods have Lariat crewcabs ...
I feel the same about a SCab. 4 doors makes sense. I can use that. A pouch on the back with two half doors that require the front doors open? That's useless to me. I'd rather have a regular cab at that point.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I feel the same about a SCab. 4 doors makes sense. I can use that. A pouch on the back with two half doors that require the front doors open? That's useless to me. I'd rather have a regular cab at that point.
I've owned all 3 and although I liked the 2 supercab Rangers I owned, I have to say I like the crew cab better. It is nice having a second row of seating for either keeping things dry and safe or just hauling more people.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I've had a few Scabs over the years of different brands and sizes. All were work trucks, all were suicide type doors which the fronts had to be opened first. The only complaint I've had is they all had more wind noise, than the regular 2 door or Screw.

If I didn't have medium/big dogs, I wouldn't have minded a Scab, but Ford doesn't offer Lariat or leather in a Scab, so it was moot even without the dogs consideration.

Regular cab, long box for a personal vehicle doesn't interest me at all.
Sponsored