Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
For anyone interested. Some elaborate tests given that I've never seen before.

Holy smokes! Next time a bowling ball from outer space comes crashing into the hood, I'm glad to know we're safe!

And what's up with the wacky Australian pedestrians? LOL

But, seriously, very impressive tests!
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Lighten up Karen, No need to take everything so serious. :rolleyes: Seeing as you didn't post an article we can only ASSume what happened. I've seen many that looked horrific and they walked away and others that didn't look bad where there were deaths. For all we know the driver could've been ejected on impact.
Looks like that horrific crash picture may have also been after firefighters removed the roof (me having been a Texas firefighter and paramedic for three years - seeing some truly hearbreaking things but also seeing some miracles).

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
I love those crazy tests!

3 weeks ago on a road I drive myself quite often. Driver and passenger walked away fine. A driver from another car unfortunately dead and what was left of this Citroen? There couldn’t survive no way.
Here’s Ranger.
FCD30B46-6CC4-466E-9066-A2DAA51855C0.jpeg

I trust my truck when it comes to safety.

Last edited:

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Lighten up Karen, No need to take everything so serious. :rolleyes: Seeing as you didn't post an article we can only ASSume what happened. I've seen many that looked horrific and they walked away and others that didn't look bad where there were deaths. For all we know the driver could've been ejected on impact.
You don't need to gaslight me.
I simply said i wasn't fond of the joke considering the circumstances. Hardly a Karen moment on my part. Check yourself before you throw darts.
You don't need an article to know the likely end to that picture. It spoke volumes for itself.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
CALL A WHAAAAAMBULANCE

seriously, WTF is gaslighting? you brought this on yourself, YOU commented, get over it. if you dont like the content, comment or subject matter, move on, hit the backspace, delete. anything.

life is hard.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You don't need to gaslight me.
I simply said i wasn't fond of the joke considering the circumstances. Hardly a Karen moment on my part. Check yourself before you throw darts.

You don't need an article to know the likely end to that picture. It spoke volumes for itself.
No you're just assuming you know what happened. Like David @subquark said it could've been cut apart during an extraction or the driver could've been ejected. No one can tell 100% what happened from just looking at a picture. Heck when Dale Earnhardt died it looked like just a bump against the wall then there's wrecks where the car barrel rolls 6-7 times and is crushed and they walk away. Again it was a joke and no disrespect to anyone so if you didn't like it move on. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Holy smokes! Next time a bowling ball from outer space comes crashing into the hood, I'm glad to know we're safe!

And what's up with the wacky Australian pedestrians? LOL

But, seriously, very impressive tests!
Bowling ball hahaha.

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
No you're just assuming you know what happened. Like David @subquark said it could've been cut apart during an extraction or the driver could've been ejected. No one can tell 100% what happened from just looking at a picture. Heck when Dale Earnhardt died it looked like just a bump against the wall then there's wrecks where the car barrel rolls 6-7 times and is crushed and they walk away. Again it was a joke and no disrespect to anyone so if you didn't like it move on. Sheesh! :rolleyes:
No, I read the article. the guy died on scene. That's enough for me to understand that joking about it was wrong. Whether he was ejected, extricated or removed by some other means is a moot point.
If you didnt have all the information available to you before you made the cold joke, why didnt you ask?

houseOfDogs

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired Techie

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No, I read the article. the guy died on scene. That's enough for me to understand that joking about it was wrong. Whether he was ejected, extricated or removed by some other means is a moot point.
If you didnt have all the information available to you before you made the cold joke, why didnt you ask?
So you saved the picture and not the article? Again it was a joke and you seem to have yourself a little to rilled up over it. Maybe you should've respected the people that were in that accident and NOT have posted the picture in the first place. Seems kind of cold if you ask me knowing they didn't survive yet you're posting the picture of their totaled Ranger.

Sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to run everything I say by you? :captain: :rolleyes:

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
They aren't all ending with good results unfortunately

1668001243902.png
Please point us toward a vehicle where a driver would survive in the same crash.
I might trade up to something that would produce a better outcome.

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Please point us toward a vehicle where a driver would survive in the same crash.
I might trade up to something that would produce a better outcome.
This is precisely why I posted it. There are unfortunate accidents that dont portray our Rangers as very safe.
They are completely on par with most every other car out there.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @houseOfDogs ,

Sure, as the OP said, it looks like a 2022 Ranger but it’s not a 2022 NA Ranger…I’m not sure if AUS and NZ use the “6G” designation or simply Next-Gen but these tests are for their market.

912AFB5B-47D8-4511-8CCD-0F47B1780D57.jpeg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
This is precisely why I posted it. There are unfortunate accidents that dont portray our Rangers as very safe.
They are completely on par with most every other car out there.
2E232F48-7365-4D00-89CE-953F1BDBE51F.jpeg
Sponsored