First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like there's another Ford electric truck in the works. Would be nice to see an EV Ranger but I'm guessing a full EV Maverick with a Hybrid Ranger.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/another-electric-ford-pickup-truck-192000720.html

Ford officially launched production of the 2022 F-150 Lightning today, and Jim Farley snuck a small nugget of future electric truck news into his speech.

“I wish we could bring you down there, but we’re already pushing dirt down in Blue Oval City for another electric pickup truck that’s different than this one,” Farley said.

“Down there” is referring to the Stanton, Tenn. mega campus Ford is building for electric vehicle assembly, battery production and a supplier park. It’s set to open in 2025.

Farley followed his remarks about a new, mysterious and yet-to-come electric pickup with more electric truck talk.

“We have every intention of being the number one electric pickup maker.”

After hearing Farley’s comment, we reached out to Ford to clarify or perhaps glean more knowledge about the undefined “different” electric pickup truck that Farley is talking about, but a Ford spokesperson was not immediately available.
Sponsored

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Well I'm ready , and I'm the perfect candidate for anything electric as I have been using electric stuff for years and am quite familiar with things like outlets and plugs and go pedals... my very first ride was electric (power wheels ) and i want my last one to be also...
Also ,in another thread ,I mentioned the E Rancho which does not exist but should...

Gsxrdoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger, XLT 4x4, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Therapist -- Retired Navy
Yup saw the article this morning, Looking forward to a hybrid Ranger.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
shocking that Farley would create just a little buzz about this
he should have amped up the conversation and said more
Why? When you leave them hanging with suspicion it attracts more interest. It's already doing with this thread and I'm sure on many other Ford forums. Farley is smart to just drop a "hint" and leave everyone wondering.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
and it leaves alot of disappointment when the next electric truck is actually the maverick

PS - 6 posts isnt alot of attraction, at least not yet. the damper jokes havent started
The Maverick is going to be a huge hit and it would make more sense to electrify that. The Ranger will eventually get EV'ed but there's more interest from older people (easier to reach into the bed) and weekend warriors for the Maverick.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Saw my first Rivian today.
Funny looking.
Makes me glad I own a Ranger.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
I see more Rivian's than I do Bronco's.

Around here Tesla's are the new Prius, and there is still a bunch of those ugly little things running around.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I see more Rivian's than I do Bronco's.

Around here Tesla's are the new Prius, and there is still a bunch of those ugly little things running around.
Same here. A day doesn't go by now where I don't see at least 3-4 Tesla's while driving. At least they're better looking than a Prius. lol

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Lots of Tesla’s here in the ATL.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Same here. A day doesn't go by now where I don't see at least 3-4 Tesla's while driving. At least they're better looking than a Prius. lol
Toyota HQ is just down the road in San Ramon, and Tesla is a bit farther at the old Toyota Factory Plant in Fremont. 5 years ago there was freaking Priuses everywhere. 10 years ago, quite a few around here had a Toyota because they worked at the plant, which is now where Tesla is. Now Tesla's are the rule and it is mostly Silicon Valley techies.

They (Tesla Drivers) are the new (Pick your adjective) Where BMW drivers once were, then it became Audi drivers, and now Tesla's. They think they are untouchable and can do whatever they want, regardless of the fact that they can't drive.

Most of the time when I pass them, they (Either Driver or Driver and Passenger are on their phones and the car is driving itself at 60mph in the left lane and they aren't paying attention to the 10 cars behind them.

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
I have a little Transit Connect I use for work and if they can make an all electric Maverick (we had a Focus Electric that we traded in on the Ranger) and it has really good range. I'm in, but they need better interior / package choices.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Would be interesting to see the Ranger EV produced again. I never got to see one of the old ones in person.

NoTacos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RangerXLT CrewCab 4x4
Not sure why everyone is so hyped about new electric trucks. Everyone is soo behind the times. I got me an electric jeep wrangler and Chevy C10 already. Sure they drive slow and may only get a 1 or 2 miles per charge but they were first year production models. ?.
49DFC4E6-5F7C-476B-B8EE-50C538153420.jpeg
Sponsored