Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired Techie
Hey @houseOfDogs ,

Sure, as the OP said, it looks like a 2022 Ranger but it’s not a 2022 NA Ranger…I’m not sure if AUS and NZ use the “6G” designation or simply Next-Gen but these tests are for their market.

912AFB5B-47D8-4511-8CCD-0F47B1780D57.jpeg
Agreed, it is the next gen ranger. But since this forum is "ranger5g.com" and it has a forum section
6th Gen Ranger Talk which takes you to ranger6g.com, "6G" is pretty much a shorthand reference to the next gen vehicle.

But reading a lot of the comments, it looked like several thought this was a North American 5G 2022 Ranger - hence I just wanted to clear that up.
Sponsored

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Which is true.
I believe this was a head on with a transport truck.

I'm most worried about the exceptions personally. The standard crashes I think the Ranger is on par with all of them.

Not particularly fond of the damper joke though when someone lost their life in that accident. Kind of heartless for a laugh.

There's many examples of our trucks fairing well in standard accidents, and there are numerous examples of where the safety features failed people.
Just view the Copart listings and you will see many examples of good crash protection, and others that fell short.

https://www.copart.com/vehicle-search-model/ford/ranger?searchCriteria={"query":["*"],"filter":{"MAKE":["lot_make_desc:\"FORD\""],"MISC":["#LotModel:\"ranger\""],"YEAR":["lot_year:[2019 TO 2022]"]},"searchName":"","watchListOnly":false,"freeFormSearch":false}
Let's not post pictures of fatal accidents if you are easily offended by others remarks . The OP posted an accident test video and your picture seemed to obviously be following suit .
This is on you so deal with it and move on .

Muddy Fenders

Banned
Banned
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Let's not post pictures of fatal accidents if you are easily offended by others remarks . The OP posted an accident test video and your picture seemed to obviously be following suit .
This is on you so deal with it and move on .
Quite simply because the Ranger wasn't going to be holding a trophy for being the "safe" vehicle some think it is.
Had the topic stayed on safety, my post was very legit to be in the conversation.
The damper joke was not. Did I say I was offended? Or did i just let it be known I thought it was in poor taste? Please choose your words correctly and don't turn it into something it is not.

I'll be bowing out of this conversation and possibly the website for a little bit. To the hurrahs of those who think they won this battle of wits, that's not the case.

My Mom was admitted to the hospital today, and might not be coming back out. So I have bigger fish to fry and more important things to take care of, and as luck would have it, I'm the other side of the country.
Adios.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Quite simply because the Ranger wasn't going to be holding a trophy for being the "safe" vehicle some think it is.
Had the topic stayed on safety, my post was very legit to be in the conversation.
The damper joke was not. Did I say I was offended? Or did i just let it be known I thought it was in poor taste? Please choose your words correctly and don't turn it into something it is not.

I'll be bowing out of this conversation and possibly the website for a little bit. To the hurrahs of those who think they won this battle of wits, that's not the case.

My Mom was admitted to the hospital today, and might not be coming back out. So I have bigger fish to fry and more important things to take care of, and as luck would have it, I'm the other side of the country.
Adios.
Just to add some data to this discussion - I don't know how you couldn't consider the Ranger a "safe" vehicle in crashes. It has a 4 star rating from IIHS. That is in line with its competitors, except the Honda Ridgeline (which some would argue is different since it is a unibody vehicle) got 5 stars. 4 out of 5 stars to me should be considered "safe". No vehicle can protect its occupants against EVERY type of crash. Here are the results if anyone cares to look:

2021 Ranger IIHS crash test results
2021 Tacoma IIHS crash test results
2021 Ridgeline IIHS crash test results
2021 Colorado IIHS crash test results

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase

Adios.
Hoping for the best for your Mom. Take care.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Holy smokes! Next time a bowling ball from outer space comes crashing into the hood, I'm glad to know we're safe!

And what's up with the wacky Australian pedestrians? LOL

But, seriously, very impressive tests!
Pedestrians come flying out of the sky here!

houseOfDogs

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired Techie
Here are the ones for the 5G model if anyone is interested. Pretty similar to the new model. By law all new cars into the Australian market have to be tested this way before they can be sold.

Yes over here no one really refers to them as 5G / 6G, they are just the 2023 model.
https://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratings/ford/ranger/40e4c5/images-and-video
Thanks for posting the 5G link.

LOL, I'm the one who interjected the 6G reference (vs 5G). I don't think anyone outside of the 5G/6G forum members refer to these rangers as 5G/6G either - I know I don't.
Sponsored