janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
wish we know how Ford does things put my order in 7/16/21 Ranger Lariat 4x4 no VIN nothing my friend puts his order in 8/15/21 Ranger XLT 4X4 He just got Vin and Build date
same dealer and sales person?
Sponsored

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Mackman

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I have my DORA ford OK my order 8/21/21

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
got to think the issue is with your dealer and not ford.
Did you get the order summary from the email address "[email protected]"
Should we get an email from FORD verifying our order? I did get the DORA from my Dealer...so I believe Ford has it but I have received no email from Ford. Thanks

Mackman

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
received no email from Ford. on any of my new Trucks

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I also never received an email when I ordered mine either. I did get a call from my salesman saying he received the order but no email.
Plus when I log into my ford site and click on orders, I see nothing.
But with the order code and the dealer code you can call ford and ask them for a VIN.

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I didn't get any emails, and I made sure the dealer had it. Once i got my VIN, I used the online tracker.

Grussell

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat 4X4 Screw, 17 Escape Titanium
Occupation
retired fire fighter
Here is the latest. As you can see, for 13 days my Ranger has been "In Production." The dealer says it has cleared the final inspection. I'm not sure who to believe, the dealer or the Ford tracking site. The tie-breaker, the shipping tracker, still says pending. Seems to me, to arrive at the dealership next week the truck should be in shipping or on the road now.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 6.38.45 PM.png

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't received squat from Ford. Not a single email. Should I have?
sorry the email I am talking about might just be this "DORA" you are talking about. Basically it had the order summary with the order number. My salesman sent me the tracking number 4 days after I got this order summary/number.

I have read in many places that the ford tracker is not reliable (much like a dealer)

Jboard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
I ordered may 18th, my build is supposedly week of Sept 6th. Almost 4 months to when they even start to build

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
wish we know how Ford does things put my order in 7/16/21 Ranger Lariat 4x4 no VIN nothing my friend puts his order in 8/15/21 Ranger XLT 4X4 He just got Vin and Build date
Vehicle scheduling is a black art.:devil: especially this year, as suppliers are also going thru shortages of their raw materials not to mention employees.
The last I read on Rangers was August 2nd:
  • XL 100A ,Lariat Supercab (R1E, R1F: 500A & 501A) will not be selected for scheduling
Then,
  • On Thursday, August 5, Bronco, EcoSport, Ranger, Super Duty, Transit Connect Wagon and Transit Connect Van will not be selected for scheduling.
This may have changed since then. Your dealer has up to date information to the exact status of all their incoming orders, retail, stock and fleet provided in a weekly email. They also can get a detailed report on a specific vehicle's status, and whereabouts if shipped, through a dealer-only website called Visibility. Ford never explains why there are delays, unless it is for a huge event like a major fire or flooding or something else that makes the news.
Your dealer should have provided you with a link to a customer facing website which is much more generalized, but accurate in its updating. In other words, when the status changes both sites will update. You can have the dealership look it up for you on Visibility; you have a lot of money invested in this, just don't hound them daily!

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
24 hrs later and still no change. Must be a very intensive inspection! Seriously, WTF!
Either they found something that flagged it for Do Not Ship or it is sitting in a rail yard. "Shipped" can take two weeks plus. The railroads are short employees, too.

edit: Correction: "The railroads are short of employees, too."
I'm sure most railroaders are of average height.
Sponsored