First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Sales
Fing rad bro. Love it when people go full commitment. Did you have to call Matts Off Road Recovery yet :wink: . If not stage it so you can lol.
Haven't even once had to winch it yet. I say yet because the day will come
Sponsored

DMVRanger

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 2WD
Occupation
Server
been following this thread since you started it, this things freaking awesome man

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Another salvage title thread reminded me I haven't seen much of your truck lately.

Where's the updates?

OP
OP
87stang616

87stang616

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
Sales
I've been terrible about updates.
I'm now 10k miles on the SAS build and loving every mile.

I've changed a few things since the initial build. The electric steering setup failed miserably with way too much load on the electric motor. I would need a much much larger electric motor to run the system efficiently. As an alternate, I built a power steering pump bracket that mounted right below the alternator and runs off the same belt as the alternator.

I switched to 40" cooper's, but I had to limit up travel significantly to run them off road so I dropped back down to 38x13.50 Nitto Trail grapplers.

This is honestly one of the most fun vehicles I've driven on and off-road. I can comfortably do 90mph on the freeway and just as effortlessly do the same speed on a rutted dirt road. It has more power than necessary for daily driving and rips through the gears.

I did grenade the rear diff about 1000 miles ago, but have that fixed and up and rolling again.

The only real changes I plan to make is to the sound system and I plan to add a winch under the bed to pull people out with.

I'll try to add pictures as I can.

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician