First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I did a search through the Ford website for available inventory for a Ranger Lariat Tremor in white. There are a few within 30 miles of me. I have to let the process play out and see what the insurance company says but I think I'll be truck shopping soon.
Sponsored

taralon

First Name
Jeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Crew Cab FX4
Occupation
IT
Had summer Friday today. Ran down the street to Lowes to get a couple tools. On the way back stopping for a red light a box truck didn't see the light quick enough and back ended me.

Glad you're ok. Unfortunately given other her examples like that in the he forum that looks totaled.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I was stopping for the red light and looked in the rear view and though "oh shit, he can't stop". I nailed the gas to try to get out of the way. I think if I was completely stopped I would be in the hospital right now.
glad you're ok

I couldn't do nothing but watch. lady hit me then the car in front of me and I never hit the car in front of me. wrap your head around those physics

0717170645.jpg

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I did a search through the Ford website for available inventory for a Ranger Lariat Tremor in white. There are a few within 30 miles of me. I have to let the process play out and see what the insurance company says but I think I'll be truck shopping soon.
Glad to hear you are only sore and hope it doesn't get worse. From the looks of your truck and the others on here that have been totaled you just might be shopping for a new truck.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their Rangers in the easiest way possible.
Had summer Friday today. Ran down the street to Lowes to get a couple tools. On the way back stopping for a red light a box truck didn't see the light quick enough and back ended me.

20230526_132526.jpg

20230526_132535.jpg

20230526_132601.jpg
Yikes... Both look pretty bad. Wonder whose insurance deals with this, the drivers personal or the company.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
He was not looking, at traffic, but maybe his phone. Automatically in the wrong so the company insurance should cover it all, including a rental. My wife was hit in the rear by a delivery van, she got a new car out of it, and sore for a few days, hope it turns out the same for you.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I'd say the truck, like other Rangers, took that hit well/did a good job letting you walk away with minor issues, but someone will get bent out of shape because the bed flexed a bit.

Last edited:
OP
OP

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I'd say the truck, like other Rangers, took that hit well/did a good job letting you walk awaybwith minor issues, but someone will get bent out of shape because the bed flexed a bit.
Looking at my Ranger and the box truck, there was quite a bit of energy transferred and absorbed. I'm glad that energy didn't all go into me.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
That sux...you know you need to start looking for a replacement right?