How do the classic Rangers compare?

misanthrope

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL 4x4
I know the general style has changed over the years but how does the 2019 compare to say, the 1999 model? In terms of mileage, towing capacity, etc.

A friend of mine still has a 1998 I believe and while it doesn't run to well, it is still fun to play around with under the hood.
Sponsored

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
The 2011 model break down (since that was the last model in the US) is like this:
MPG: Up to 22 city / 27 highway
Towing capacity: 1,600 to 3,100 lbs
Bed length: 73.2″
Curb weight: 3,028 to 3,606 lbs
Payload: 1,272 to 1,790 lbs

And the 1999 model looks like this:
MPGe: Up to 67 city / 73 highway
Curb weight: 3,030 to 4,700 lbs
Towing capacity: 1,440 to 2,400 lbs
Fuel tank capacity: 16.5 to 19.5 gal
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 1, 4, & 5-speed automatic

The 2019 model depends on the class. There will be the XL, XLT, and the LARIAT.

FelixDaCat

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
The 2019 model depends on the class. There will be the XL, XLT, and the LARIAT.
I didn't even realize there were going to be three options here. I am going to have to read up on these and compare them. It is interesting to see older trucks compared to newer trucks. They have come a long way in just 15 to 20 years.

Nadeshot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Tacoma and '17 Mustang Ecoboost
Trucks have gotten more powerful in the general but I do think that the Ranger is much more fuel efficient than it used to be considering it can handle bigger loads and heavier work.

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver Mustang GT
I know the general style has changed over the years but how does the 2019 compare to say, the 1999 model? In terms of mileage, towing capacity, etc.

A friend of mine still has a 1998 I believe and while it doesn't run to well, it is still fun to play around with under the hood.
I don't think you can find any specs for the 2019 models just yet. I have looked online and don't see them.

Shouldn't be much longer though until we get some information on the trucks.

OP
OP
misanthrope

misanthrope

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL 4x4
I don't think you can find any specs for the 2019 models just yet. I have looked online and don't see them.

Shouldn't be much longer though until we get some information on the trucks.
I mean would they be the same for the trucks in other countries? I can likely find those, I just didn't go digging for them yet. I am more so just curious. It isn't something that is super important.

Xfitter

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
I didn't even realize there were going to be three options here. I am going to have to read up on these and compare them. It is interesting to see older trucks compared to newer trucks. They have come a long way in just 15 to 20 years.
You can see them on the site. https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/

Here are the three images:

XL:
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

XLT:
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

LARIAT:
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

FelixDaCat

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
You can see them on the site. https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/

Here are the three images:

XL:
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

XLT:
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

LARIAT:
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg
The LARIAT seems to be the most rugged and possibly the biggest. I couldn't find any individual stats, I could have overlooked them. The XL and XLT look basically the same to me so likely different internal features and slightly different sizing.

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver Mustang GT
I mean would they be the same for the trucks in other countries? I can likely find those, I just didn't go digging for them yet. I am more so just curious. It isn't something that is super important.
The specs will be slightly different but I am not sure what would be different. I really don't know much about international sales of Ford trucks to know what exactly changes. I do know the driver's side is swapped for a lot of other countries.

FordBlueHeart

First Name
Torr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 King Ranch 6.0l
Occupation
Collision Repair Estimator
The LARIAT seems to be the most rugged and possibly the biggest. I couldn't find any individual stats, I could have overlooked them. The XL and XLT look basically the same to me so likely different internal features and slightly different sizing.
Sizes won't change amongst the packages. The Lariat pictured is an FX4 trim package. It isn't exclusive to the Lariat more than likely.
Sponsored