First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Manufacturing
I like the Ranger 6G overall and see a few improvements that might tempt me to trade in a year or two. The 2.7 and 3.0 and larger screen and new dash sound and look great. But I'm not happy that they made it bigger than the 5G Ranger. If I wanted a full size I would just buy a full size.
Sponsored

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
You're right Fred with all your assessments. I'm going to see what happens once I get my Tremor and once the price of the Raptor finally comes out. There are many places here where I can get out in the open desert or even the Dunes out in CA and use it to its potential. But in reality how many times will I do this for the price difference of what I have now? Plus my Tremor will be paid off and depending on the used market (it's getting lower now) it might not make financial sense seeing I want to fully retire soon. Right now it's the sensible part of my brain fighting the unreasonable part for one. lol :devil:
Dave, BEST thing I ever did was to retire debt free, now I have to find things to spend money on, but only if I can pay cash.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Ranger 6G overall and see a few improvements that might tempt me to trade in a year or two. The 2.7 and 3.0 and larger screen and new dash sound and look great. But I'm not happy that they made it bigger than the 5G Ranger. If I wanted a full size I would just buy a full size.
I don't disagree, but a bigger backseat and a little wider front seats area would be nice...

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That was my experience with my 5G...I don't think it'll be the case for 6G...
I was lucky on my 5G, my BIL is a sales manager for a large dealership in Michigan so I got a Employee discount.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, BEST thing I ever did was to retire debt free, now I have to find things to spend money on, but only if I can pay cash.
Right on Jesse! :like: I'm debt free right now and have had my mortgage paid off since I was 44. The only reason I had a loan on my '19 was because it was 0% and a small amount so I could make more investing my money. I figure the Tremor will be everything I need but that darn Raptor is everything I want. lol In the end the Polish side always wins and I'll more than likely keep the Tremor as long as it treats me well.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Right on Jesse! :like: I'm debt free right now and have had my mortgage paid off since I was 44. The only reason I had a loan on my '19 was because it was 0% and a small amount so I could make more investing my money. I figure the Tremor will be everything I need but that darn Raptor is everything I want. lol In the end the Polish side always wins and I'll more than likely keep the Tremor as long as it treats me well.
I also would jump on a 0% loan, why not, like borrowing for free. My CU wanted 3.8% so I just paid cash for it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
1683761988680.png

Hope the maximum towing listed is a typo. Almost 2000 lbs less than 5g's
It's because of all the added weight on the Raptor. If you look the payload is also less because of this. The regular models will be the same as the 5G at 7,500 lbs.

Danny RN

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired Army/Registered Nurse.
I retired from the Army Nurse Corps and debt free as well. It is heavenly. I still work as a RN, but part time and I pick my hours. Work more in winter when less to do outside. Now in spring...maybe 1-2 days a week. Love it.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2024/?gnav=header-future-vhp

And again, the colorizer makes the azure grey look like a totally different color. . . unless they dropped the metallic completly. . . .

Also, this truck now has all the features I wanted on my current truck . . . larger center stack, digital gauges, power outlet in the bed, 360 cameras, brake control from factory . . .

now to convince the gf I need to trade in my truck to buy a new one. . . LOL

I noticed that the tremor trim is missing from the above link . . . wonder if that means it is going bye bye . . . .
Is it though? Often those pages will state shown with optional accessories. While I like that it is more of a traditional brake controller with variable manual application, it may still be a snap in dealer accessory.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
I think that if they're (Ford) gonna make the 6G Ranger look like the ROTW 6G, a 6-speed manual for US models would be nice.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Is it though? Often those pages will state shown with optional accessories. While I like that it is more of a traditional brake controller with variable manual application, it may still be a snap in dealer accessory.
It looks like it could be from the factory, it's got the trailer backup system where you use the knob...

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
My 5G barely fits in my garage as it is. An Eff One Fiddy won't fit in my garage or even in my driveway.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
And Raptor is an auto non-option for me, only 5,510lb towing.
Sponsored