First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
if i could buy one from a dealer lower than msrp i might have a slight curiosity... but ive got better chances of hitting the lotto. besides im pretty certain ive bought my last new ford.
Sponsored

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
if i could buy one from a dealer lower than msrp i might have a slight curiosity... but ive got better chances of hitting the lotto. besides im pretty certain ive bought my last new ford.
if only there were options to get X-plan out there . . .

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ranger Tremor / 17' Fiesta ST / 96' EB Bronco
Occupation
MACHINIST
if only there were options to get X-plan out there . . .
I got laughed out of 3 dealerships asking about xplan. Car market is a joke. The price on the 6G is atrocious considering the powertrains known flaws and fords overall quality dropping to all time lows. I'd consider the raptor just for the price point potentially being lower than a bronco raptor or F1 raptor.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
for the x plan thing it must be a vehicle ford says is not in low supply or high demand... so with the chip shortage and worker shortage and common sense shortage and general shortage of elected leaders than can find ones own ass with either hand-- pretty much counts out every model lol. yes i know everyone says that was just 2021 2022. well this is from march 2023. Intel says 2024 at least. the 5g looking better all the time. just need to sell a kidney for a transmission.
1683748763954.png

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I got laughed out of 3 dealerships asking about xplan. Car market is a joke. The price on the 6G is atrocious considering the powertrains known flaws and fords overall quality dropping to all time lows. I'd consider the raptor just for the price point potentially being lower than a bronco raptor or F1 raptor.
I get it, I called all the dealers around me, I found one an hour away that accepted xplan. I ordered over email. Never met the sales guy until I walked in to sign the finance paperwork.

Probably the easiest car buying experience I've heard of.

Only way for it to be easier would be if they brought it to my doorstep. ?

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
One should be able to get x-plan on a F150 currently. Local dealers are drowning in F150's that are not selling. Not sure x-plan would be enough off msrp to tempt many actually.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I get it, I called all the dealers around me, I found one an hour away that accepted xplan. I ordered over email. Never met the sales guy until I walked in to sign the finance paperwork.

That was my experience with my 5G...I don't think it'll be the case for 6G...

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Raptor is its own beast but for the average Ranger audience, I think it’s a downgrade from the prior generation. If I did not already own a Ranger and I was shopping for a mid-size truck, the 6th Gen would be a pass for me. The interior materials remind me of a cheap frontier as does the front end of an older frontier. It seems like Ford felt pushed by the market to make some changes and found ways to cost cut rather than focus on innovation.

The interior just looks cheap. No hood struts, a cheap add on for tailgate dampening, no engine cover, no engine improvements other than “late availability”. At least you can now get a power sliding rear window I guess.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase

John, I’m curious since we’re in the same neighborhood. Where did you buy? I bought mine at Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise even though I live in Pompano Beach. They gave me a really decent deal at the time.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Raptor is its own beast but for the average Ranger audience, I think it’s a downgrade from the prior generation. If I did not already own a Ranger and I was shopping for a mid-size truck, the 6th Gen would be a pass for me. The interior materials remind me of a cheap frontier as does the front end of an older frontier. It seems like Ford felt pushed by the market to make some changes and found ways to cost cut rather than focus on innovation.

The interior just looks cheap. No hood struts, a cheap add on for tailgate dampening, no engine cover, no engine improvements other than “late availability”. At least you can now get a power sliding rear window I guess.
thats a good point. ford does seem to cheap out the customer on things that should be standard by now. the sport tracks had the power slide window decades ago. the window one touch down and up was standard for the driver doors on the 4 g rangers with power windows. even the 5 g it is still not standard on both unless you get the highest trim. my xlt sport fx4 only has it on the driver window lol. come on ford.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
John, I’m curious since we’re in the same neighborhood. Where did you buy? I bought mine at Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise even though I live in Pompano Beach. They gave me a really decent deal at the time.
I bought from mullinax in palm beach county (I think technically it's riviera beach).

Where in Pompano are you? (cross streets or a pm if you prefer) I'm Deerfield Beach near Hillsboro and military.

Glocker is up in boca, we should have a get together for beers or something before I move...

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Boy, WOW! Ok...
The Raptor is everything I would ever want. When I was a little boy I was enamored with stadium and Baja trucks (still am too), and the Raptor easily surpasses those dreams, with technology I couldn't have even imagined. The price is actually reasonable for what you get, less than I thought. BUT, out of my budget range for now and probably for quite some time.

I just got my 22 in October and while I'm still in the honeymoon phase, I imagine I will love my truck as long as I have it. I drove my last Ranger for 23 years and I loved that truck for nearly the entire time. Until she got old and needed to go to the assisted living facility for vehicles. My new one is light years better than my old one, I LOVE my new truck. Having said that, I can't say I'm really excited about the 24 regular version. Other than the digital gauge cluster and that giant screen, there isn't anything that makes me regret not having a 24 vs my 22. And actually, I'm a supercab kind of guy, I'm disappointed that the 24 doesn't offer that. I'm also surprised that the 24 doesn't offer a rear locker. Maybe it does but I poured over the article and didn't see anything that mentioned it. Otherwise, same engine, same transmission. I will sit happy knowing that I'm not really missing anything on this new version.

But the Raptor...yeah, that is the shit right there. I can't wait to see the video reviews when those finally hit the road.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
It does list a rear locker in the specifications page, just like the 19-23 truck. But I am not sold on the looks yet.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club