MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I love the fact that we can now get a 2.7 without moving up to the Raptor, but if they do not bring the Tremor back, I may have to anyway. The new and bigger screen and cordless charging are welcome improvements. And the fully foldable rear cabin seats are a huge step forward. I had to do a rear-seat delete to get enough space in the cabin for all the junk we keep in our 2019 Lariat. Ford says that the suspension has been improved, which would be great, but it will take a ton of reviews and a long test drive to know for sure; anyway, rough rides can be cured aftermarket if necessary. And, yeah, big thanks to Administrator Dave for letting us talk about the new Rangers on this site instead of always being bumped over to G6...
Sponsored

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
No SuperCab? What a disappointment.

Sure hope I can get 17 years of trouble free service out of our 2019 STX/FX4 SuperCab, like we did our 2002 Tacoma. So far so good. I guess at that point we'll be trading it on on a new 2036 Tacoma Extended Cab?

But by 2036... maybe Ford will pull their head out of their arse.

TOMDEE

Banned
Banned
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat
Occupation
retired
WHEN I RESEARCHED THIS ENGINE I FOUND SOME VERY DIFFERENT SPECS:
Bore85.0 mm
Stroke86 mm
Compression ratio9.5:1
Max power @ RPM494 hp @ TBA
Max torque @ RPM630 lb-ft @ TBA
Cylinder headAluminum
Cylinder blockCast aluminum
Camshaft driveChain

Turbo4Joe2

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 2WD ; 2017 Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Rep
Ford lost me at $60,000 Ranger.

I just don't get the 'Raptor' trucks.
Very few owners will ever drive them as they were designed and intended to be used.
The vast majority will spend most of their time idling in the Starbucks drive-thru line.
Parking Lot Posers.....just like Jeep Rubicons.

How about that sweet TT3.0 V6 in a street performance Ranger?
And please keep it under 50K.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Since I sold the 19 Ranger, I have not been on here at all.

I contacted my dealership today and on the list for the RR. It's a non ADM dealership and my last 3 Shelby's were purchased from them so I should be good on no ADM.

33" tires - Check
Fox goodies - Check
3.0 that will be tuned - Double Check

Yep, gonna trade the Grand Cherokee in on a RR as soon as it arrives at my dealership.

The GM told me the when is the question. LOL.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers

Very few owners will ever drive them as they were designed and intended to be used.
The vast majority will spend most of their time idling in the Starbucks drive-thru line.

I would love to see a lowered AWD version with the 3.0 that could still tow 7,500 lb (or more). But the 6G is heavy compared to the 5G. Update: thinking more on this, Ford has used the Thunder name on the 5G Ranger overseas. Knowing what the Lightening was to the F-150, I think Thunder would be a very suitable name for a US version of the Ranger that targeted street performance truck market.

I still think more review pages need to make it clear the Raptor has crap towing compared to the other 2024 Rangers. But most just mention the max across the lineup of 7,500lb.

Last edited:

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
At least you can now get a power sliding rear window I guess.
Yep. And they come all the way down. Tried myself as on my Ranger they don’t do that.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

The Raptor would benefit some of us who have built unique rigs with very heavy permanent attachments to our bed strictly from a powerplant discussion. Instead of us having to squeeze the juice out of a 2.3L the V6TT would be a much better base platform to work off.

But as I said, unless I can get lucky enough to order one directly at MSRP I am not going to bother with the dealership bafoonery that will surely come with an on lot purchase price tag.

Anyone know if order bank for Raptor is opening on 26th?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
They can't get that negative interest ESG money if they don't improve their DEI scoring.

So deleting items off production vehicles and making silly ads is the strategy now.

Not so tough.

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
They can't get that negative interest ESG money if they don't improve their DEI scoring.

So deleting items off production vehicles and making silly ads is the strategy now.

Not so tough.
And it's curious they are actually admitting that they have to "redefine" words in order for them to match the narrative.

Not living in the real world is what they do best.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So I was talking to a buddy about trying to jump in the factory queue for the new Raptor and he was telling me that when it arrives at the dealership they can still hijack to the order and alter the price I have to buy it at.

How exactly does that work? If a product I am purchasing (isn't their a down payment?) is ear marked directly from the factory, can or how does is a dealer permitted to do that? Isn't that a classic case of bait and switch?

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
I still will never understand even now once again with the 6G based on a quick glance at the 2024 order guide PDF....only the Lariat again will have side mirrors that are heated....the XL and XLT can have powered mirrors and possible folding option on XLT and BLIS but no heated glass option.

Of all things to be an option I feel like this one could be standard on all trim lines...you know being a truck and all.....even a 1LT Chevrolet spark has standard heated exterior side mirrors

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
So I was talking to a buddy about trying to jump in the factory queue for the new Raptor and he was telling me that when it arrives at the dealership they can still hijack to the order and alter the price I have to buy it at.

How exactly does that work? If a product I am purchasing (isn't their a down payment?) is ear marked directly from the factory, can or how does is a dealer permitted to do that? Isn't that a classic case of bait and switch?
If you order a vehicle and place a down payment on said vehicle that vehicle is yours, the price is what the price on the order sheet is.

And if a dealer does change the price, I'd say calling Ford direct and proving you had a price, and an order and now they are changing it should fix things.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If you order a vehicle and place a down payment on said vehicle that vehicle is yours, the price is what the price on the order sheet is.

And if a dealer does change the price, I'd say calling Ford direct and proving you had a price, and an order and now they are changing it should fix things.
Yeah but that doesn't always work like it should. This happened to many on the Bronco forum and the Ford was no help. They had signed contracts for MSRP but when their Bronco arrived they were hit with high markups. The dealer(s) said "take it or leave it because someone else will come along and buy it". I wouldn't hold my breath that Ford or any manufacturer will do anything today. Your only hope it to try and find an honest dealer and buy from them. Why do you think I went 1,350 miles for my Tremor? The whole worlds gone mad these past 3 years!🙃

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but that doesn't always work like it should. This happened to many on the Bronco forum and the Ford was no help. They had signed contracts for MSRP but when their Bronco arrived they were hit with high markups. The dealer(s) said "take it or leave it because someone else will come along and buy it". I wouldn't hold my breath that Ford or any manufacturer will do anything today. Your only hope it to try and find an honest dealer and buy from them. Why do you think I went 1,350 miles for my Tremor? The whole worlds gone mad these past 3 years!🙃
That's bullshit, and Ford should be held accountable for what they let their dealers get away with.

Shrug.
Sponsored