First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's bullshit, and Ford should be held accountable for what they let their dealers get away with.

Shrug.
Well, they (Ford) has said repeatedly they were going to crack down on dealers marking up vehicles. So far....🦗🦗🦗
Sponsored

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Well, somewhat of a surprise. I went to my local dealership to inquire about the upcoming order banks.

I was advised I was the first to ask about the Ranger Raptor and he took my information.

"Are any of these earmarked for other people?"

"Nope, you are first in line actually."

As my general profession requires me to read faces or body gestures to weed out false bravado, I didn't pick up anything akin to stringing me and it seemed honest. Anything is possible though.

I'm kind of hoping between the F150 Raptor and general Bronco platform the Ranger Raptor is somewhat going to fly under the radar at first.

True bro-truckers don't want the smaller Ranger platform, they want the big F150. Overlanders (real or pretend) are all fixated on the Bronco if they are a Ford orientated customer.

Most wanting a new Ranger are primarily only interested in other trims and not the more expensive Raptor.

I'm going to check in with him Friday (26th) supposedly when the banks open for dealers.

Even if I score an allotment and put $1,000 down - the real battle will come to the price tag. I am not paying trending raptor "market adjustments" prices. If push comes to shove I will try my best to pull down the full might of Ford Corporate as well as other angles in this stupid unnecessary kabuki clown show.

APmech

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
A&P
Well, somewhat of a surprise. I went to my local dealership to inquire about the upcoming order banks.

I was advised I was the first to ask about the Ranger Raptor and he took my information.

"Are any of these earmarked for other people?"

"Nope, you are first in line actually."

As my general profession requires me to read faces or body gestures to weed out false bravado, I didn't pick up anything akin to stringing me and it seemed honest. Anything is possible though.

I'm kind of hoping between the F150 Raptor and general Bronco platform the Ranger Raptor is somewhat going to fly under the radar at first.

True bro-truckers don't want the smaller Ranger platform, they want the big F150. Overlanders (real or pretend) are all fixated on the Bronco if they are a Ford orientated customer.

Most wanting a new Ranger are primarily only interested in other trims and not the more expensive Raptor.

I'm going to check in with him Friday (26th) supposedly when the banks open for dealers.

Even if I score an allotment and put $1,000 down - the real battle will come to the price tag. I am not paying trending raptor "market adjustments" prices. If push comes to shove I will try my best to pull down the full might of Ford Corporate as well as other angles in this stupid unnecessary kabuki clown show.
My local dealer told me that they were getting a limited allocation of Raptors and that I would not be able to order one and said that there would be 10-15k markups which I was completely expecting him to say... typical.. He also claimed that there would be a Tremor and could possibly have a coil spring rear suspension. I highly doubt that, but it would be nice if it were true.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
So, just a quick playing on the builder site for the 6G. To not lose any features on my 21 Ranger I'm looking at a $46,500 truck. To keep what I have there are upgrades though, push button start (I think), LED headlights, power sliding rear window, heated seats, power seats, pro trailer backup assist, stop and go with the ACC, wireless phone charging, 400W power instead of 150W, power folding mirrors, Sync4A instead of Sync3, and I think the 360 degree camera. At is going up XLT High, and adding the options spare tire lock and as much as I can to simulate the missing Black Appearance Package. Still missing the hard trifold tonneau cover though.

No XLT-mid option, just standard and high. Standard was losing the dual zone climate.

If you want the 6V, Lariat (late fall option) or Raptor only. Bed Side steps are not an option with the Raptor, as reported for ROW Ranger Raptor the exhaust uses that space.

Oh, and there are not great colors like Cyber Orange to choose from.

Last edited:

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
I know the XL is the base trim, but its mix is kind of odd to me. It has a better infotainment setup than the 5G XLT, but other than the basic tow package, there aren't really any other options.

If you could choose the Ford Co-Pilot 360 and carpet, it would basically match the specs of my '21 XLT and not really be much more expensive. The 6G XLT does offer a few more goodies than my '21 (LED headlights, folding mirrors, wireless charging, sliding glass) but none of those are things I need.

BLISS is an option I'd rather not do without now., so if I needed a new Ford....

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Ok it's over. Motor Authority is reporting that there will be no SuperCabs or SuperCrew/6'box for the 2024 Ranger. I suspected as much yesterday when the entry level price was stated as $32,565 pus $1,595 D/D. Still a giant leap for mankind from the 2023 XL SuperCrew at $29,535 plus $1495 D/D.
The Nissan Frontier, which was redone for 2023, has King Cab S & SV, and Crew Cab L o n g B e d SV (similar to XLT) options available. 5/19 the 2024 Tacoma will be announced; all the teases and spy shots are 4dr/5'box, but that's expected for a lifestyle- over vocational-marketed truck. Personally I'd lean toward the Canton, MS-built Frontier over the Apaseo el Grande, Mexico-built Taco. The GM twins are also 5'box only.
Need to reach out to Janelle over at Hudson Ford and let her know she can stop sending me Customer Private Offers and "We need your trade!" mailers-Ford's got nothing for me right now.

I am completely satisfied with my '21. I spec'ed it out with the thought of keeping it 20 years. who Knows ir might become a quasi classic: SuperCab XL with the uncommon STX-SE Package (only year 18' wheels avail. on an XL), factory hood struts, Ford Accessories Engine Cover (no longer made), fixed (not sliding)rear window w/defrost. Maybe someday trade even up for a split window 'Vette :crazy:
I'm with ya on that last part. I got a 22 XL supercab and added the regular STX and FX2 package, spray in bedliner and auto stop/start delete. The dealer tried talking me into the STX SE package but I had a number I was trying to get to and the STX SE put it over that. Wondered if I'd regret not getting it during the 6 month waiting period but I honestly can't say I DO regret not getting it. This truck is already wayyyyyy better than my 2000 and that's a severe understatement. I have never been more excited about getting a new vehicle. Dealer did mention I was ordering a unicorn so we'll see how the market does but I bought mine planning on keeping it for 20 years as well. My financial situation would have to change dramatically for me to consider a Ranger Raptor but even if it did, I'm not sure if I'd get one. I would have to be in a position where I could pay cash. I'm still trying to pay off my mortgage plus the lovely wife needs a new car soon and she's eyeing the Broncos. She'd be happy with just a Bronco Sport and I'd be happy for her. Ahhhh, priorities.
But if I had stupid money I'd just order a Raptor R and be totally finished. But I would never finance a vehicle like that, it just doesn't make sense to me.
I looked at other trucks before ordering my Ranger and besides brand loyalty, I HAD to have the Velocity Blue plus the powertrain is what sold me. Bang for buck, the Ranger won easily, hands down (just learned today where the phrase "hands down" came from, btw).
My last Ranger lasted 23 years and 280,000 miles, original motor, one clutch replacement. Hopefully this one will last awhile too but I'm not holding my breath for 280,000 miles. We'll see, I guess.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Yeah but that doesn't always work like it should. This happened to many on the Bronco forum and the Ford was no help. They had signed contracts for MSRP but when their Bronco arrived they were hit with high markups. The dealer(s) said "take it or leave it because someone else will come along and buy it". I wouldn't hold my breath that Ford or any manufacturer will do anything today. Your only hope it to try and find an honest dealer and buy from them. Why do you think I went 1,350 miles for my Tremor? The whole worlds gone mad these past 3 years!🙃
I ordered my 2022 GT500 HE CFTP on a hand shake. Did not put money down. Due to the difficulties at the time of getting the car I wanted, the dealership had to make it a dealer order and therefore I had to take the Ford imposed price increase of about $1,500 when the car was actually produced. Tail end of COVID and the "chip shortage" so difficulty in producing cars was Ford's response to a mid year price increase. I was not too happy but considering my dealership does not charge ADM and I got the car at MSRP where most were being sold at $25,000 to $40,000 ADM, I took the deal. The dealership could have sold the car to another dealership for 5-10K easy because the HE CFTP cars were selling all day long for 25-40k markups.

My RR will be an MSRP deal as well.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I ordered my 2022 GT500 HE CFTP on a hand shake. Did not put money down. Due to the difficulties at the time of getting the car I wanted, the dealership had to make it a dealer order and therefore I had to take the Ford imposed price increase of about $1,500 when the car was actually produced. Tail end of COVID and the "chip shortage" so difficulty in producing cars was Ford's response to a mid year price increase. I was not too happy but considering my dealership does not charge ADM and I got the car at MSRP where most were being sold at $25,000 to $40,000 ADM, I took the deal. The dealership could have sold the car to another dealership for 5-10K easy because the HE CFTP cars were selling all day long for 25-40k markups.

My RR will be an MSRP deal as well.
$1,500 isn't bad for a GT500 and even I wouldn't complain about that. I thought I had a deal all set at a dealer in NV for a Tremor and after several phone calls I was told MSRP. Well wouldn't ya know it when I was about to put down a deposit to secure it while I waited for the insurance check on my '19 the salesman said his manager just told him there's a $4,000 markup on it. I told him to tell his manager to pound sand and I needed up having to go up to WA to get mine.

This markup/ADM thing is out of control and something needs to be done soon. The average person needing a vehicle is now getting priced right of of them. While I can kind of see it on a "specialty" vehicle I can't see it on a normal one let alone $4K on a Ranger Tremor.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The dealers here are crazy! I think Sanderson Ford is one of the only ones who sells at MSRP that I know of.

I was talking to a customer this morning. She knew what happened to my truck and was asking me how everything went. She then told me they were having a really hard time finding something in the area without being overly marked up. She said the Lexus (she didn't say which model) they were looking at over the weekend had a $20,000 mark up! o_O Needless to say they're now looking out of state for their next car too.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
As much as we dislike it, as long as people are willing to pay it, they will keep doing it.

It is manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price, after all... Not manufacturer MANDATORY retail price...

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
My '22 Lariat looks 10 times better than this thing. I'll pass. The '23 Colorado/Canyon and the new Taco look much better than this. Ford really screwed the pooch in the design dept. on these. No thank you.

I supposed the Raptor is ok-ish looking. But I still don't like it as much as my '22. I'll never understand why the skid plate can't be the same color as the rest of the truck. I absolutely hate that.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
My '22 Lariat looks 10 times better than this thing. I'll pass. The '23 Colorado/Canyon and the new Taco look much better than this. Ford really screwed the pooch in the design dept. on these. No thank you.

I supposed the Raptor is ok-ish looking. But I still don't like it as much as my '22. I'll never understand why the skid plate can't be the same color as the rest of the truck. I absolutely hate that.

Just my two cents.
I agree that outside of the Raptor trim, I dislike the front end of the 2024s, especially the front fascia.

On our current gen 5 Rangers, the Black Appearance Package includes a black side plate, which I have and personally like more than the silver colored one. I do like the silver skidplate on very few colors though (I like it on blue trucks).

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
I agree that outside of the Raptor trim, I dislike the front end of the 2024s, especially the front fascia.

On our current gen 5 Rangers, the Black Appearance Package includes a black side plate, which I have and personally like more than the silver colored one. I do like the silver skidplate on very few colors though (I like it on blue trucks).
Yeah, mine is black with the black appearance package and there's no silver skid plate on it. That's half the reason I wanted one with the black out package. I just don't understand why every color can't have a skid plate that matches. It just looks... unfinished... or not thought-of. Weird.
Sponsored

Reactions: EJH