First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
It's a good looking truck inside and out. I have a few observations.

I noticed that only the Lariat has the pushbutton start. Why? Is that really a luxury item these days? It can't actually be cheaper to produce a mechanical start mechanism, can it?

I only saw the Raptor with the hood open but I was shocked it didn't have an engine cover. With all the controversy over that on the 5th Gen, I'm surprised. Maybe the Lariat has one.

The hood is held up by a prop-rod. Again, I only saw under the hood of the Raptor but that's the top of the line so I'm guessing none of the other trims will have hood struts.

The front bumper bothers me. I really don't like it. The Raptor is okay but the the other trims, no.

Inside is awesome and I don't have any complaints. I even like the giant infotainment screen. I didn't think I would like it but I think its a differentiator from the GM twins..

I'm sure the price won't be something to love and we'll have to wait and see. I don't plan on trading my '22 anytime soon and if/when I do, I'll do my usual comparison with the competition before laying down what amounts to a mortgage these days.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
If $56K is true this isn't a bad starting point. If it's anything like the Aussie RRaptor there isn't much for options because almost everything is standard. IIRC the only options were the graphics package and beadlock capable wheels. My new Tremor might be a good placeholder for the Raptor at this price.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2024/?gnav=header-future-vhp

And again, the colorizer makes the azure grey look like a totally different color. . . unless they dropped the metallic completly. . . .

Also, this truck now has all the features I wanted on my current truck . . . larger center stack, digital gauges, power outlet in the bed, 360 cameras, brake control from factory . . .

now to convince the gf I need to trade in my truck to buy a new one. . . LOL

I noticed that the tremor trim is missing from the above link . . . wonder if that means it is going bye bye . . . .

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
If $56K is true this isn't a bad starting point. If it's anything like the Aussie RRaptor there isn't much for options because almost everything is standard. IIRC the only options were the graphics package and beadlock capable wheels. My new Tremor might be a good placeholder for the Raptor at this price.
I agree, the $56K is reasonable for what you get in the Raptor. I'd love to have one for the performance of the 405HP but I'll never use all the off-road goodies it comes with. It would be nice if Ford made a street performance truck like the SVT Lightening from nearly 20 years ago.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I agree, the $56K is reasonable for what you get in the Raptor. I'd love to have one for the performance of the 405HP but I'll never use all the off-road goodies it comes with. It would be nice if Ford made a street performance truck like the SVT Lightening from nearly 20 years ago.
You're right Fred with all your assessments. I'm going to see what happens once I get my Tremor and once the price of the Raptor finally comes out. There are many places here where I can get out in the open desert or even the Dunes out in CA and use it to its potential. But in reality how many times will I do this for the price difference of what I have now? Plus my Tremor will be paid off and depending on the used market (it's getting lower now) it might not make financial sense seeing I want to fully retire soon. Right now it's the sensible part of my brain fighting the unreasonable part for one. lol :devil:

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
One question about the "offroad goodies" I have is are they designed like the f150 raptor for high speed offroading.

Or are they going to be designed for slow going overland/trail running.

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
Ford has added port injection in addition to direct injection on the new 2.3 Engine, wonder why that motor is not going into the G6, guess its for the mustang only?????

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
https://fordauthority.com/2023/05/2024-ford-ranger-raptor-officially-debuts-for-america/

"Inside the cabin, the new Ranger Raptor features some special touches as well, which include a sport steering wheel with magnesium shift paddles and a Code Orange center mark, six upfitter switches, Ford Performance front seats, and Code Orange accents throughout."

WTF, the ranger raptor gets the orange.

I'll be over here in the corner botching to myself for a while.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

WTF is with the voice over.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Also, this truck now has all the features I wanted on my current truck . . . larger center stack, digital gauges, power outlet in the bed, 360 cameras, brake control from factory . . .
Ranger finally feels like an A-team player, just in time for me to need an F-150 due to my growing family :facepalm:

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Ranger finally feels like an A-team player, just in time for me to need an F-150 due to my growing family :facepalm:
The rrar seat apparently has 4 inches of additional legroom... ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
https://fordauthority.com/2023/05/2024-ford-ranger-raptor-officially-debuts-for-america/

"Inside the cabin, the new Ranger Raptor features some special touches as well, which include a sport steering wheel with magnesium shift paddles and a Code Orange center mark, six upfitter switches, Ford Performance front seats, and Code Orange accents throughout."

WTF, the ranger raptor gets the orange.

I'll be over here in the corner botching to myself for a while.
Thats because the Code Orange is the "signature" of all Raptors. Kind of like the Raptor grille which many use that is only available on the Raptor.
Sponsored