First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Brett thats sad, the trucks still new. But as we know better to have a auto insurance claim and than a life insurance claim. Yours looks like a case where it is fixable but the cost to do so vs. what the insurance company will total it and sell off and recoup on the back end is likely gonna end. Any chance you have video of the crash?
Seems like a lot of R5G folks have had wrecks and damage over the past couple years. I hope no more take place.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
Glad it appears as though the truck will be on the donor pile instead of the people. Wow, that sounds darker than I intended. You guys are ok. It still stings though. All the best. And please don’t replace it with a Santa Cruz.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Once upon a time, I actually ran an automobile body shop. The damage shown in the photos were almost a daily fix. However...

Fast forward to present, and I wonder why some vehicles are "fixed"? There really isn't a proper way to repair crumple zones. And even if you replace the panel and underpinnings, how do you duplicate the factory welding and exacting placement positions? The truth is, you can't!

Thankfully, insurance companies are beginning to realize, that repairing even lightly-damaged vehicles, diminishes the built-in safety features inherent in new ones. QED!

Waxthis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Controls Tech
I feel your pain. Day 36 in the shop for mine... Glad your ok.

miraculon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired engineer.
I am also glad to hear that everyone is OK.

My old Rangers seemed to attract rear end collisions. I even added a hitch-mount brake light and it still got hit. I had the theory that the higher tail/brake lights were not in the line of sight of some drivers. I think that some people drive like they walk, staring at the ground a few feet ahead of them. :frown:

Greg

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
DaFuq is up with crazy drivers lately?

Milton Lee

First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Lariat 4X2
Occupation
Retired USN F14 Tomcat fixer
My baby has been maimed.... ???
Not even 14k on her. I'm assuming that she's going to be totaled, but she's going to the shop tomorrow for evaluation. Thankfully my wife and I are ok.

20230501_175815.jpg

20230501_175834.jpg

20230501_175859.jpg

20230501_175752.jpg

20230501_175742.jpg
H no

marty_p

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange/Black Ranger XLT SuperCrew 4x4
Yes, thank goodness y'all are OK because that's all that matters.

A friend of mine owns a body shop, and without airbag deployment, insurance companies are now quick to replace frames based on today's astronomical cost/residual value of a damaged vehicle. He showed me an example: a new frame, rear bumper, hitch, tailgate, prep, paint, and labor were only $15K on a nearly-new $80K Ford F-250 King Ranch pickup.

It's all about their bottom line...

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
Thanks all, for the well wishes.
I have an appt today for an estimate. Im trying to stay optimistic... I really dont want to have to get a new truck but I seem to have a bit of a unicorn at the moment (Lariat, 501A, FX4). Ive started doing some searching just in case, but it seems most dealers who have rangers within 100 miles of me are all XL or XLT's. theres a Tremor or 2 out there but they all seem to be "in transit", so no one actually has one.
... *angry grumble*....

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have an appt today for an estimate. Im trying to stay optimistic... I really dont want to have to get a new truck but I seem to have a bit of a unicorn at the moment (Lariat, 501A, FX4). Ive started doing some searching just in case, but it seems most dealers who have rangers within 100 miles of me are all XL or XLT's. theres a Tremor or 2 out there but they all seem to be "in transit", so no one actually has one.
... *angry grumble*....
When I was searching I had to widen my search field (I put it nationwide) then had it listed from closest to me. I too only wanted a Lariat or a Tremor and there are quite a few out there but you might have to travel a lilt way to get one. I do have the number of the shipper I used for my Jeep if you find one to far from you. He's the owner not a broker and it's just a husband/wife team based in Florida. Let me know if you need it and I'll get it to you. Good luck Brett!

OP
OP
LT Dangle

LT Dangle

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FX4 (RIP), 21 Tremor, 20 Edge ST, Couple HD's
Occupation
Trophy Husband / "Sanitation Worker" / Army Vet
@AzScorpion thanks, will do.
I'll definitely need to cast a wider net.

couldnt have been in a month or 2???? after the '24 order banks open...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
That's absolutely awful. I am glad to hear you guys are OK though, that's obviously the top priority.
I'm always fearful of something like this happening. These trucks are special and with the way things are now I would be absolutely disappointed if I could not get a new truck. As I'm sure is the case with many on here, my truck is selling used for a lot more than I paid for it and with more miles too. Not sure how that affects insurance claims, maybe for the better, I don't know. I DO know that if mine was totalled I'd immediately order another one.
I'm really sorry to see this happen to you.
Take it easy and please let us know how you do, if you don't mind.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
... *angry grumble*....
Good luck pal. I'm sure everyone is super curious how this will play out. I've never seen a group of people so enthusiastic about their rides, I know I'm absolutely in love with mine and I would be devastated and depressed. But again, so long as you and your wife are OK that's all that really matters. Hopefully it'll work out and for the better, at least that's what I wish on you. You deserve something good to come out of this to offset the bad.
Sponsored