First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
Same as the, “What did you receive in the mail…” thread. Quick 5 minute or so swap of my GFB DV for the TS Dual Port BOV.
I haven't got a clue what this sentence means ?

The forum needs a glossary.

GFB?
DV?
TS?
BOV?
Sponsored

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I haven't got a clue what this sentence means ?

The forum needs a glossary.

GFB?
DV?
TS?
BOV?
Its blow off valve lingo BOV (unless you have a bigger turbo, you don’t need a Blow off valve)

GFB -Go fast Bits
DV-diverter valve
TS - Turbo Smart
BOV - blow off valve

Last edited:

VoodooRanger

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Picked up a 4.5’ awning from Overland Vehicle Systems to mount on the rear of the truck. Now the tailgate area has shade when out camping. Also added a flagpole mount to the non-opening tent side of the truck.

28A33DA7-279A-45DB-9236-E6D2B647591E.jpeg

9070C193-CFD4-4172-8267-00010A49BCA2.jpeg

01EF8768-68FB-4C30-8178-9405633619A2.jpeg

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Message Benny, @LevittownFordParts.com. He can let you know what shipping is to Canada, as well as if they can do any discount codes for the product or shipping. I believe I saw someone asking about over seas shipping and he couldn't do anything as far as price goes there. But, since you're at least on the same continent, it doesn't hurt to ask. :LOL:
[/QUOTE
YmsFX2_AZJZy5_mwJdHJyv9w=w1743-h1307-no?authuser=0.jpg

Adding a picture, after installing the Icon leaf springs. It measures 40" ground to fender in the front and 41" ground to fender in the rear. Slight rake, which I don't mind.

Took the wife out in the truck for the first time since the install and she said "it feels a lot smoother". I will take that as a win.
I am going to be doing the ford tremor springs as they are multi leaf vs single on non tremors. Can this be done in the garage with basic hand tools?

Reactions: Doc

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to be doing the ford tremor springs as they are multi leaf vs single on non tremors. Can this be done in the garage with basic hand tools?
Yes. It’s pretty easy. Stock springs (even tremor) are way easier than aftermarket. Make sure you have bushing grease. Took about 2 hours when @UnregistredHypercam2 did his in my garage.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Me and my bud were unsuccessful today in our first attempt to put a leveling kit on my truck.
Lessons learned:
The ball joint and tie rod end don't pop off with the tap of a hammer like the YouTube videos when it's a rustproofed 30,000 mile truck and not a new truck. Basically that's where we got stuck. Couldn't get the tie rod end off.
No one tells you about the two negative battery cables above the top strut bolts on the driver's side that keep you from reaching the bolts. The bolts screwing them into the frame don't want to come off.
On the back two top strut bolts a regular socket is too short and a deep wall is too tall. Not an insurmountable problem with a little bit of creativity. These are the ones where the battery cables are in the way too.
Vastly easier and better to remove the sway bar bushing bolts instead of the end links on the knuckle.
Have the proper torque specs handy for putting things back together.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Me and my bud were unsuccessful today in our first attempt to put a leveling kit on my truck.
Lessons learned:
The ball joint and tie rod end don't pop off with the tap of a hammer like the YouTube videos when it's a rustproofed 30,000 mile truck and not a new truck. Basically that's where we got stuck. Couldn't get the tie rod end off.
No one tells you about the two negative battery cables above the top strut bolts on the driver's side that keep you from reaching the bolts. The bolts screwing them into the frame don't want to come off.
On the back two top strut bolts a regular socket is too short and a deep wall is too tall. Not an insurmountable problem with a little bit of creativity. These are the ones where the battery cables are in the way too.
Vastly easier and better to remove the sway bar bushing bolts instead of the end links on the knuckle.
This happens to me all the time. I'll watch a video and say "hey that looks easy" yet when I do it it usually takes 5 hours longer than said video. I figure some jobs are just best left for the pros and I can make more money and have less aggravation working my job to pay for it .lol Hopefully you guys can get it figured out or are you just going to have someone else instal it now?

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
This happens to me all the time. I'll watch a video and say "hey that looks easy" yet when I do it it usually takes 5 hours longer than said video. I figure some jobs are just best left for the pros and I can make more money and have less aggravation working my job to pay for it .lol Hopefully you guys can get it figured out or are you just going to have someone else instal it now?
I have done more than a few struts in my time... but I think I am going to let a shop do the fronts on this thing.. even as a 2wd. Need it aligned anyway and have a shop I trust. Ill throw the back shocks on myself to save a bit of money.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have done more than a few struts in my time... but I think I am going to let a shop do the fronts on this thing.. even as a 2wd. Need it aligned anyway and have a shop I trust. Ill throw the back shocks on myself to save a bit of money.
I thought about doing that last week but I figured they're going to have it up on the lift anyways might as well just have them do the rears too. Plus they always take care of me price wise. They did my Eibach 2.0 front and rears and the alignment for $344.66. I'm not even going to attempt it for that price. lol

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
My bud has more tools at his house than I do. Might try it again but I'm leaning toward paying the $300 a shop quoted me plus $100 for alignment which I'll have to get anyway.
Generally I share your philosophy. My time has a certain amount of value. In this case I wasn't real happy about spending two hours accomplishing nothing. We were so close though. But then that was just one side.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Its blow off valve lingo BOV (unless you have a bigger turbo, you don’t need a Blow off valve)

GFB -Go fast Bits
DV-diverter valve
TS - Turbo Smart
BOV - blow off valve
I like the flag Doc!
Brian

Reactions: Doc

serp

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up a 4.5’ awning from Overland Vehicle Systems to mount on the rear of the truck. Now the tailgate area has shade when out camping. Also added a flagpole mount to the non-opening tent side of the truck.

28A33DA7-279A-45DB-9236-E6D2B647591E.jpeg

9070C193-CFD4-4172-8267-00010A49BCA2.jpeg

01EF8768-68FB-4C30-8178-9405633619A2.jpeg
What tires are u running? Rig looks great

TheDillweed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
The Godfather
Lessons learned:
I had to tap the drivers side pretty hard to get the ball joint to pop off. Also, I was able to loosen the right negative battery cable to access the bolts - didn’t have to remove it

The driver side took 2 1/2 hours. The passenger side was about 30-45 minutes and was much easier. My truck had 30k on it also.

Most of the videos I watched made this job look easier than it was and didn’t include the torque specs.

Good luck!
Sponsored