First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat/SCab/4x2, Took 8.5 months wait
Occupation
Retired Military
Edited: I need to edit this item. The issue of warning indicator cleared up when it got warmer and any moisture in that sensor dried out. No problem now. End Edit

I test drove the truck today, there was an error on the center console when stopped. See the pic. A sound as well as the image. Once truck rolling, the picture disappeared.

Sorry, this thing is so complicated. Lariat 2021, SCAB. I think this is something to do with the radar warning systems but I can't find anything in the manual or on the ford site for the truck to tell me what it is.

Sales guy smoked me about it was cause the just washed it and there was some water or something and it would drop off. Nope.

I will be back there tomorrow to buy some mats and then deal with this thing. I think the left front censor is not working and it is telling me in this symbol???

Thanks for any help.

20220111_141408.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
That’s what it looks like. Left front sensor error. Doesn’t take much blind the sensor. Frozen water, ice, snow to name a few. Could also be it’s connector is not seated properly or water got in it. No matter, up to dealer to figure it out. Still drivable, if it’s making you nuts just turn it off.

BTW, welcome to the Ranger family! Lots to learn with a fully loaded rig. You’re in the right spot though! Oh BTW tailgate damper is the first mod for sure ?

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
No, the sensor is telling you that you are very close to a soild object at your left most (driver's side) sensor. Now if you are not close to something it is giving you a false alert unless there is ice present. Mine will act up frequently when it gets icy on my front end. But....If I get too close to the drive thru window at the burger place it gets upset also (that's what it's supposed to do.)

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Like Rick said - could be ice or snow on the sensor, a loose sensor connection, faulty sensor, gremlins, etc.

I’m pretty sure they only come on below certain speeds - otherwise, they’d be on constantly if they were blocked with ice or snow. You can turn it off with the switch on the console.

Unlike Rick said, just say “no” to tailgate dampers - no one has figured it out yet, but it’s the reason some of these trucks lean a bit to the left.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
That’s what it looks like. Left front sensor error. Doesn’t take much blind the sensor. Frozen water, ice, snow to name a few. Could also be it’s connector is not seated properly or water got in it. No matter, up to dealer to figure it out. Still drivable, if it’s making you nuts just turn it off.

BTW, welcome to the Ranger family! Lots to learn with a fully loaded rig. You’re in the right spot though! Oh BTW tailgate damper is the first mod for sure ?
lol. Yes. I joined a few months in the Lamentation Choir waiting delivery mode.

The reason In just accepted truck today was I'd rather have it and bring it back for a fix as needed instead of still waiting.

This group is better than dealing with sales guy peeing on my shoes telling me it is just rain.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
No, the sensor is telling you that you are very close to a soild object at your left most (driver's side) sensor. Now if you are not close to something it is giving you a false alert unless there is ice present. Mine will act up frequently when it gets icy on my front end. But....If I get too close to the drive thru window at the burger place it gets upset also (that's what it's supposed to do.)
Might be ice. It is cold here and likely there is ice in there someplace. Will see what it does when it warms up.

How can I turn this thing off? What is this warning sensor called? The whole thing?? Sorry to sound stupid. But, going thru videos and such see there are muliple systems such as back up, passing, etc. Thanks for patience

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Might be ice. It is cold here and likely there is ice in there someplace. Will see what it does when it warms up.

How can I turn this thing off? What is this warning sensor called? The whole thing?? Sorry to sound stupid. But, going thru videos and such see there are muliple systems such as back up, passing, etc. Thanks for patience
Rick and Duke probably know more about this system than I from the sound of it. The only time that sensor screen comes up on my Ranger is 1) It's icy.....usually very icy 2) In a carwash 3) Like I said before....when I get too close to the drive thru window at the burger place. So I figured they were sensors to let you know how close you are to things around your truck. They do have different levels....green....yellow....red. Close.....closer......very close.... ;)

At least that is my simple take on this system....

BTW...I do not know how to turn that off.

HDEO

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor, M240i
Occupation
Formulator

The button in the middle with the “P” will turn the parking sensors on and off.

A172747C-3321-466F-B7E2-9219EFC29D11.jpeg

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED

You can turn off the parking sensor button just in front of your shifter.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Welcome!

I just went to a touchless carwash & received the same error for my back sensor. It's gone now.
Same thing happened last yr too. Could be a few things, as stated above.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Rick and Duke probably know more about this system than I from the sound of it. The only time that sensor screen comes up on my Ranger is 1) It's icy.....usually very icy 2) In a carwash 3) Like I said before....when I get too close to the drive thru window at the burger place. So I figured they were sensors to let you know how close you are to things around your truck. They do have different levels....green....yellow....red. Close.....closer......very close.... ;)

At least that is my simple take on this system....

BTW...I do not know how to turn that off.
The button that has a traffic cone shaped icon on it, located in the center console. In between tow mode and traction control buttons.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Download a PDF of the owners manual. Just be warned, it was written by engineers. Thus, in this case you would need to search "parking aid". If you use "parking sensor" nothing is found. And your front sensors only work at speed below 5 mph. pg 184.

Congrats on joining the supercab club.

Last edited: