Got the truck today, dealer hid a problem

RANGER PRIDE

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
It doesn't "go away" and come back.
Thats the design.
Its a parking sensor, meant to help you park.
By design it only activates at speeds typically used for parking.
If its sensing an object stopped, its still sensing the object at highway speeds. It just has no need to tell you about it until you try to park.
Advertisement

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
It doesn't "go away" and come back.
Thats the design.
Its a parking sensor, meant to help you park.
By design it only activates at speeds typically used for parking.
If its sensing an object stopped, its still sensing the object at highway speeds. It just has no need to tell you about it until you try to park.
The issue with mine and the original poster is that the sensor was indicating an object very close (RED) to the vehicle when there was nothing within 20 ft and the vehicle was stopped. It did it everytime you came to a stop even though there was nothing near the vehicle. While this was happening the rear sensors were working as expected.

It worked it self out one the truck had a chance to warm up. If it comes back again after a car wash it will be a trip to the dealer for a new sensor.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
it did sense something within 20ft.

ice on a sensor. specifically the one highlighted on the info screen.
Could have been but as soon as it happened I got out and looked at the sensor and there was nothing visable. Could have been inside.

OP
OP
JimInVA

JimInVA

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat-8 1/2 months waiting
Occupation
Retired Military
In this part of Canada , anything 4 feet beyond the end of the truck needs a red flag for daytime and a flashing amber light for night.

I welded some extra poly to the top of the bow, and screw one of these LoadGators to it when it hung out of the box.

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-Bright-Nights-Visibility-Conditions/dp/B00JQIRHOE
I go out at dawn and could use that loadgator. Looked it up and I could get it on there somehow. I will have to take some pics of the canoe/truck loaded. But, now, cold and I hate cold. Nice inside dog there. Used to hunt with pack of coon dogs. Couple Catahoula curs, a big mongrel and one beagle. Beagle is smart dog. Good tracking the coon and then lay back and watch the other, less intelligent dogs take on the coon. lol

CB750F

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Don't need sensors anyway, just become a touchy/feely type of person, you'll be the talk of the town!

Advertisement

Advertisement