GM Canyon and Colorado poll

Knowing what you know about your truck, would you purchase it all over again?

• Total voters

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So earlier in the week I joined the Canyon and Colorado Forum to see what they had to say about their trucks. I created a poll that asked the question,

Knowing what you know about your truck, would you purchase it all over again?

Out of 24 votes so f
ar, 100% said they would. Some have commented on the post that accompanied that Poll that they think they've got the bugs out of the transmissions now.

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 8.24.56 AM.png

That being said, I started the above poll asking Ranger owners the same thing. I titled it wrong but it should be Ford Ranger poll instead of Canyon and Colorado poll.

I cast the first vote with a "yes" vote. And I'm certain I will buy another Ranger, even if I have to go lemon law on this truck. You are allowed to vote twice in case you want to check the last box. ?

On a side note;
I called Ford Customer Care and they told me they responded Tuesday to the dealership telling them to replace the HPFP and check the injectors for leaks with the manifold gasket and some other stuff. Service manager said they'll probably start on it Friday. We'll see. I have high hopes this issue will be resolved.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Is the above poll for the Ranger or Colorado ?
The picture of the poll is for the Colorado's and Canyons. The actual poll at the top is for Ranger owners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The picture of the poll is for the Colorado's and Canyons. I posted an actual poll that asks t Ranger owners the same thing.
It won't let me edit the question. I wanted to change the word truck to the word Ranger.
But you can tell by the questions its for us Ranger owners.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Nick before buying my Ranger I took a serious look at a ZR2. While it wasn't bad I didn't care for the outdated interior and thought the seating wasn't all the comfy. The drivetrain was just ok, nothing blew me away about it. When I test drove the Ranger (2 different times) I was super impressed with the drivetrain and comfort. Plus I heard there's been issues with the tranny on the Chevy.

I know you're concerned with the fuel in the oil but I'd really give it a chance to work itself out. If by the 3rd year you're still having the problem maybe buy and extended warranty? Don't give up just yet. :)

OP
OP
Delirious

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nick before buying my Ranger I took a serious look at a ZR2. While it wasn't bad I didn't care for the outdated interior and thought the seating wasn't all the comfy. The drivetrain was just ok, nothing blew me away about it. When I test drove the Ranger (2 different times) I was super impressed with the drivetrain and comfort. Plus I heard there's been issues with the tranny on the Chevy.

I know you're concerned with the fuel in the oil but I'd really give it a chance to work itself out. If by the 3rd year you're still having the problem maybe buy and extended warranty? Don't give up just yet. :)
Thanks Dave. I've decided I'm staying with Ranger. I was very happy with the first one I traded in. And I think they'll fix this. Like I said in another post, if they don't then I'll just get another one.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Even though I've always driven Ford trucks (and that's a long time) I did give the GM twins a look. The problems I had was the seats (the wife has nerve damage in her back/hip from a car accident years ago), and the sets were a no go for her. For me it was the mpgs. At the time I could have bought one at a great price. Even if those two thing weren't a problem with the twins I would have probably still went with the Ranger. My dear old Dad told me, "Boy, you can buy and drive any car you want, but you need to stick with Ford trucks" I always listened to my dear old Dad. He had more street smarts than I will ever have.

Even with the twins getting a redesign, and Ford screwing me with my Bronco order, if I were buying a truck today I think I would still stick with Ford.

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
When I was looing to buy a mid size truck I of course looked at the twins. They drove nice and had plenty of power. But I wasn't a fan of the interior and it looked like similar GM vehicles from 10 years ago. Build quality wasn't the best either. On both trucks it felt like the cheap plastic door handles would rip out straight from the door. The ones that had bedlines were literally just thrown in the bed all loose and nothing securing them. And one brand new ZR1 had a sun spot damage that literally burned through the clear coat and half way into the paint. After that day I knew I didn't want to buy one.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I waffled a little when thinking about replacing my 2018 Escape with a truck. The GMC Canyon made the short list because It's available as a long box crew cab, And I liked the styling and the local GMC/Buick dealership better than the Chevy's. My bro-in-law has a 2018 Colorado which I was impressed with when he first brought it home. He bought because his 2000, 200,000+mi Ranger was in dire need of replacement and the 5G Ranger was still a year away. In the end, I decided I really didn't need the crew cab, and ordered my Ranger Scab. Besides, all the paint except white is optional on the GMC.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, I have had 3 Dodge Dakotas over the past 30 years and I found them to be solid performing and reliable vehicles. If the Dakota had still been available I would have replaced my 01 with a new one and would likely not have considered the Ranger.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

This was me except I was looking at the Canyon AT4. I really liked the truck and it was just a bit more than what I paid for my Ranger. The GM 8 speed transmission gave me a lot of pause. I have been very pleased with my Ranger and the decision to buy it.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
FWIW, I have had 3 Dodge Dakotas over the past 30 years and I found them to be solid performing and reliable vehicles. If the Dakota had still been available I would have replaced my 01 with a new one and would likely not have considered the Ranger.
10-4. I think FCA at the time made a huge mistake dropping the Dakota, and proceeding with the Gladiator. I have two friends that had Dak's and swore by them; rust was the biggest disadvantage.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
10-4. I think FCA at the time made a huge mistake dropping the Dakota, and proceeding with the Gladiator. I have two friends that had Dak's and swore by them; rust was the biggest disadvantage.
My 01 had the 4.7 OHC V8 with a 5spd auto. It was running very well and I didn't want to move on from it but the frame was getting dangerous looking. The frame is two pieces and the back half nests inside the front half just in front of the axle. Moisture gets in-between and it rusts right there.
Sponsored