Aftermarket wheel options

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yep, I'm still set on +20 if they'll work. I'm actually going to order the Fuel Shoks from Panda today. Can someone with 0 offset and 33's (Mr. Risk perhaps) let us know how much room you have to the interior of the fender well at full turn in both directions? I've done the math, this setup will for sure clear the spindle. But I'm not sure about any other contact areas at full turn. There's only going to be .78" difference with the +20 offset so as long as there's that much room at least, then we're good. And I guess since Mr. Risk is running 12.5" tires vs the 11.4" I plan to run, the difference is even less.
I have found these, which I think would look good. I know some really don't like the bead-loc look, but I do, especially with the bolt-on look fender flares.
Maybe one of the tire/wheel guys on here can give some insight into whether they will work without issue.
https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/pro-c...-satin-black-7036-788352/_/R-BKBQ-7036-788352

Pro Comp Series 7036, 17x8 Wheel with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Satin Black - 7036-788352
7036.jpg

7036.jpg

• Wheel Size: 17x8
  • Bolt Pattern: 6 on 5.5
  • Offset: 18
  • Backspacing: 5.25
  • Load Range: 2500
  • Center Bore: 108
  • Finish: Satin Black
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
Would 33" rubber fit?

Here ya are sir!!!!!

20190313_120601.jpg
What's your budget for the rims your are seeking?
ANYWAY, This rim issue is twisting me up, because my funds have dwindled as I have bought this new Ranger, a travel trailer to tow behind this and am in the middle of a home renovation, so what I buy, i'm gonna have to live with for a while.
Any input or ideas will be appreciated.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I posted this link at another thread but it'll be useful here too:

https://www.autocraze.com.au//gallery/make/Ford/mode/RANGER/?show=all

I'm mass researching wheel options since, like most of you, I have a lot of time before delivery lol. After a lot of thoughts considering a full wheel/tire set up, I'm thinking maybe it's wiser to mount the new 265 Hankook to this new rim and use them up then mount 33" tires down the road. Of course by that time, the suspension would be properly lifted to fit larger tires. What are you guys planning to do? Small steps or go big?

I need to see this wheel in person and see if this Anthracite is compatible with Magnetic which (I think) is on the warm side. This wheel looks to be on blue side from this images. Anyone seen this Anthracite wheel on Magnetic Ranger?

Fuel Shok, D665 17x9, -12mm offset:

SHOK-6LUG-17x9-ET-12-MATTE-ANTHRACITE-A1_1000_4414.png

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, where are you guys sourcing your wheels? I've been looking around at Extreme Customs mostly because they have a large variety and they seem to have the best price for this wheel ($215 free ship) but they seem to have a lot of complaints at BBB. But their FB reviews are all positive. Hmmmm....

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
BTW, where are you guys sourcing your wheels? I've been looking around at Extreme Customs mostly because they have a large variety and they seem to have the best price for this wheel ($215 free ship) but they seem to have a lot of complaints at BBB. But their FB reviews are all positive. Hmmmm....
I just ordered the Fuel Shoks from @PandaMotorworks . They have excellent pricing. Except I went with +20 offset. Those -12 offsets you have listed are going to stick way out there.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the Fuel Shoks from @PandaMotorworks . They have excellent pricing. Except I went with +20 offset. Those -12 offsets you have listed are going to stick way out there.
Offset is the question I'm not sure of. What is the standard wheel offsets? I was assuming zero so -12 would move them out 12mm.

If you don't mind sharing, how much are these at Panda?

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Offset is the question I'm not sure of. What is the standard wheel offsets? I was assuming zero so -12 would move them out 12mm.

If you don't mind sharing, how much are these at Panda?
I sent them a message and got a forum member discount. I would recommend doing the same as I don't believe discount pricing should be visible to non-members just browsing the forum.
On the offset. Stock is +55 and a few people on here have gone to 0 with minor trimming. I don't want my wheels to stick out that far so I'm trying out the +20. By my math, they should fit no problem but I'll know once I get them in the mail. Compared to the stock wheels, which have a back space of ~6.67", the new wheels have less backspace at 5.75" so that gives me an extra .9" to work with. The new tires I'm getting are 11.5" wide vs the stock 10.4" so that adds back .55" to the inner side so I should still be ahead by roughly a quarter of an inch on spindle clearance.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I sent them a message and got a forum member discount. I would recommend doing the same as I don't believe discount pricing should be visible to non-members just browsing the forum.
On the offset. Stock is +55 and a few people on here have gone to 0 with minor trimming. I don't want my wheels to stick out that far so I'm trying out the +20. By my math, they should fit no problem but I'll know once I get them in the mail. Compared to the stock wheels, which have a back space of ~6.67", the new wheels have less backspace at 5.75" so that gives me an extra .9" to work with. The new tires I'm getting are 11.5" wide vs the stock 10.4" so that adds back .55" to the inner side so I should still be ahead by roughly a quarter of an inch on spindle clearance.
Wow thanks for letting me know about the OEM offset before I pull my trigger...would I be in for a big surprise:facepalm:

BTW, what size tires are you going with?

I'll get in touch with Panda soon...

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow thanks for letting me know about the OEM offset before I pull my trigger...would I be in for a big surprise:facepalm:

No problem! Iā€™m going with BFG KO2 tires in 285-70 r17. I ordered them from 4 Wheel Parts. They have a sale ending today. $100 off the set and no sales tax plus free shipping. Best Iā€™ve seen so I jumped on it.

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I have found these, which I think would look good. I know some really don't like the bead-loc look, but I do, especially with the bolt-on look fender flares.
Maybe one of the tire/wheel guys on here can give some insight into whether they will work without issue.
https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/pro-c...-satin-black-7036-788352/_/R-BKBQ-7036-788352

Pro Comp Series 7036, 17x8 Wheel with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Satin Black - 7036-788352
7036.jpg

7036.jpg

• Wheel Size: 17x8
  • Bolt Pattern: 6 on 5.5
  • Offset: 18
  • Backspacing: 5.25
  • Load Range: 2500
  • Center Bore: 108
  • Finish: Satin Black
Well, these are discontinued, so Iā€™m gonna reset my sights on a set of Fuel Vapors with 35mm offset. The calculator says they should fit, especially once I replace the Rough Country Level kit with the 3ā€ SST lift from ReadyLift (on backorder now)

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, these are discontinued, so Iā€™m gonna reset my sights on a set of Fuel Vapors with 35mm offset. The calculator says they should fit, especially once I replace the Rough Country Level kit with the 3ā€ SST lift from ReadyLift (on backorder now)
Those will fill just fine assuming you donā€™t plan to go with 285-70 r17. If so I think youā€™ll have issues with that offset.
Edit: nvm looks like youā€™re going with 20ā€ wheels. No clue on fitment with those.

Last edited:

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

Love to Help!

Thank you

DMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Those will fill just fine assuming you donā€™t plan to go with 285-70 r17. If so I think youā€™ll have issues with that offset.
Edit: nvm looks like youā€™re going with 20ā€ wheels. No clue on fitment with those.
Noooo, not 20ā€ rims, Iā€™m getting 17x8.5 with 34mm offset. I chose the XD Holeshot rims