Aftermarket wheel options

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
Have some time to kill at work so I decided to start browsing potential wheel options. Bigger tires and aftermarket wheels will probably be one of my first mods as I'm not particularly thrilled with any of the OEM offerings; they all look too car-like for my tastes.

These are my current top choices. Any other decent-looking options you guys know of? I really don't like the fake bro-beadlocks but these days it's hard to find a wheel manufacturer that doesn't bedazzle the wheel lips.

Truck color will either be Hot Pepper Red or Magnetic (also considering Lightning Blue). I'm also not a fan of black wheels or really dark gray. Looking for a lighter gray gunmetal color or bronze depending on truck color.

rQyWBhO.jpg

Icon Rebound is probably my most favorite at this time:

SEJP4CBh.jpg
Sponsored

Denver133

First Name
Denver133
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger on order
Have some time to kill at work so I decided to start browsing potential wheel options. Bigger tires and aftermarket wheels will probably be one of my first mods as I'm not particularly thrilled with any of the OEM offerings; they all look too car-like for my tastes.

These are my current top choices. Any other decent-looking options you guys know of? I really don't like the fake bro-beadlocks but these days it's hard to find a wheel manufacturer that doesn't bedazzle the wheel lips.

Truck color will either be Hot Pepper Red or Magnetic (also considering Lightning Blue). I'm also not a fan of black wheels or really dark gray. Looking for a lighter gray gunmetal color or bronze depending on truck color.

rQyWBhO.jpg

Icon Rebound is probably my most favorite at this time:

SEJP4CBh.jpg
I too can't stand the fake beadlocks. It drives me nuts that so many are that way. That is why I am going with the Raptor rims.

OP
OP
jcardona1

jcardona1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition / '04 Nissan Frontier / '96 Toyota Land Cruiser
Same here. The look of these chunky, fake riveted or oversized lip/hub/spoked wheels is getting old and tired.

I'd like someone closer to what you might see on a Mustang.

https://www.blackrhinowheels.com/truck-wheels-truck-rims-kunene.php
Those aren't too bad but only come in 20s. You see those a lot in my area on lowered trucks. If you like that style there is also the Fuel "Tech" that comes in smaller sizes and has a bit of lip without the brolocks.

NgHppFkh.jpg

One of my all-time favorites is the SCS "F5". Has a very clean, classic 5 star pattern although I'm curious to see if the design works on a Ranger.

PK40k67h.jpg

MrClortho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 ZJ, '17 JKU, '14 WK2
"Bro-Rivets", lol.

I agree. What is with all of these fake bead lock wheels?

My goal will be to fit the same type of wheel and tire on the Ranger that are on my Wranger in the below pic. These are 17x9's with a 305/65 (33x12.5).

414109223.jpg

jsiedle1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
I too can't stand the fake beadlocks. It drives me nuts that so many are that way. That is why I am going with the Raptor rims.
Do they come in various sizes?

Denver133

First Name
Denver133
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger on order
Do they come in various sizes?
17 x 8.5 is what I have seen. Not sure what the F150 raptor rims are but maybe you could squeeze those in if they are even the same pattern.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I've looked around a little, but finding 18"x8" are as rare as hen's teeth....Plenty of 20"-24". Maybe more will become available once the Ranger becomes more common.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know the specs of the stock Ranger wheels? Sizes, offset and bolt circle?
18"x8"--- 6 lug 139.7mm (6 x 5.5"); 93.1mm center hole ---Depends on what wheel/tire your model gets, but the lug pattern and center hole are the same across the board. Not sure about the offset... 55mm ??

Someone else will chime in soon.

Last edited: