First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I'd like to see a thread dedicated to aftermarket wheels. If one already exists, please delete me.

Please view thread rules below:

Posters: Post pictures and wheel information, thank you!!

Viewers: If you like someone's setup, give them a friendly like! :thumbsup: If you have a comment, keep it to yourself. This way, we don't have to scroll through endless quotes and replies that end with "Looks good, dude" and "Thanks bro!" If you have a question, use PM.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see a thread dedicated to aftermarket wheels. If one already exists, please delete me.

Viewers: If you like someone's setup, give them a friendly like! :thumbsup: If you have a comment, keep it to yourself. This way, we don't have to scroll through endless quotes and replies that end with "Looks good, dude" and "Thanks bro!" If you have a question, use PM.
And....who is going to police your requriements on such a thread? The Moderators? Good luck... Hopefully Dave will insert a Tailgate Damper post... The beauty of these Forums it the free forum flow of information etc. Trying to be restrictive might likely result in a backlash.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

And....who is going to police your requriements on such a thread? The Moderators? Good luck... Hopefully Dave will insert a Tailgate Damper post... The beauty of these Forums it the free forum flow of information etc. Trying to be restrictive might likely result in a backlash.
I already live in that state in real life, thanks ?

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
Not really looking for policing just some courtesy and structure on a thread that makes it easy to view for others. Just a notion of a tiny little bit of self control from the need to post something utterly worthless in a thread that was meant to help others. But I knew the moment I clicked post thread it was doomed, proven by the first reply, yours. I know the initial post was a bit demanding, I admit that, but I was trying to get a point across and failed. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings PA or that I was encroaching on your freedom of speech. Shame on me....pfft. I'm over these forums, many of yall are cool and have good ideas but some of you have nothing better to do than criticize. Not to mention that to get any information from a thread you need to read through 18 replies of the same thing. You want an example? Look at the stickied Tire Fitment Master Thread. I wanted to optimize it, but I guess I'm just a tyrant. Enjoy the stone ages.

SegFault

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Industrial Sanitation Engineer, Cloud DevOps
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
This one was useful for me when looking for wheels, but it started back in 2019 and the last post was March 2021:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/aftermarket-wheel-options.1500/

I'll post up pics of my Icon Vector 6s when I have them on (in this thread), they should be in on Monday.
Hey Seg, thanks for the reply but I'm over it. But want to see something cool? Pretty mind blowing actually since it's so hard to comprehend here. Check out this ranger thread. I used it to figure out what I could fit on my old Ranger... I didn't even have to ask what would fit. It was all there.

https://www.ranger-forums.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion-15/official-picture-thread-98088/

Anyways, I tried to recreate that here for the benefit of others. For posters to show off and dreamers to learn. But I was met with adversity both times trying to create a neat, thought out thread. I guess all us ranger5gers are just too flimsy, touchy, feel with our dampers. That thread though... Pretty sweet right?

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter

Finally! This is a great idea. I'm shopping wheels and tires as we speak and it's been daunting with so many options and combinations. I'm looking for 285/55/20, so not a very common setup in this forum but will be good to see and get ideas.

Would request that folks post a closeup of their wheel tire and also state the offset. Thanks!

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
Finally! This is a great idea. I'm shopping wheels and tires as we speak and it's been daunting with so many options and combinations. I'm looking for 285/55/20, so not a very common setup in this forum but will be good to see and get ideas.

Would request that folks post a closeup of their wheel tire and also state the offset. Thanks!
Idea shot down twice. Too restrictive on people's freedom to flow information or some bullshit. But if you look at the "master" stickied thread at the top of wheels and tires, there's 20-something pages of ranger5gers talking about what lift is sitting in their garage, how old they are, what tires they think look aggressive, and probably pictures of owner's dogs.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hey Seg, thanks for the reply but I'm over it. But want to see something cool? Pretty mind blowing actually since it's so hard to comprehend here. Check out this ranger thread. I used it to figure out what I could fit on my old Ranger... I didn't even have to ask what would fit. It was all there.

https://www.ranger-forums.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion-15/official-picture-thread-98088/

Anyways, I tried to recreate that here for the benefit of others. For posters to show off and dreamers to learn. But I was met with adversity both times trying to create a neat, thought out thread. I guess all us ranger5gers are just too flimsy, touchy, feel with our dampers. That thread though... Pretty sweet right?
I for one like your approach...a focus on wheels (with tires) specifically. Especially pictures. One thing that has been difficult is visualizing wheels in offsets we have to run on our trucks, say the stock +55 to the more wild -24 offset (ET). Folks may not like a new thread like this, so then there's no need to contribute to the thread...

Hope I'm not being too harsh, this goes for me as well. I ain't special :LOL:
IMG_5651 (Edited).jpg

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Idea shot down twice. Too restrictive on people's freedom to flow information or some bullshit. But if you look at the "master" stickied thread at the top of wheels and tires, there's 20-something pages of ranger5gers talking about what lift is sitting in their garage, how old they are, what tires they think look aggressive, and probably pictures of owner's dogs.
I paged through all of it, and there's good stuff there, but not much on wheels. Oh well, just posted my build thread, so I'll be documenting my wheel search there :thumbsup: Feel free to visit.

OP
OP
arbjosh

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I for one like your approach...a focus on wheels (with tires) specifically. Especially pictures. One thing that has been difficult is visualizing wheels in offsets we have to run on our trucks, say the stock +55 to the more wild -24 offset (ET). Folks may not like a new thread like this, so then there's no need to contribute to the thread...

Hope I'm not being too harsh, this goes for me as well. I ain't special :LOL:
IMG_5651 (Edited).jpg
Some people get it. Some people like things optimized. Some people don't get it. Some people like the way things are and don't want to think about change. And I was trying to create an open forum for rock solid information and a forum free from redundancy.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired

I think this would be my first choice of after market wheel.

Sparco Suede biotches

pmGC6sb.png

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

SegFault

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Industrial Sanitation Engineer, Cloud DevOps
Vehicle Showcase

I get what you're trying to do, and it would be a useful thread -- I'll add my pics here when I have the Vector 6s on. I think all that most any of us are (or were) after when shopping wheels were pics and info on the wheel / tire combo, offset / backspacing info of the wheels, and how much lift (if any) was added for reference. Useful pics including how much the wheel / tire combo poked out past the fender flares and if the combo rubbed on anything were good, mainly so we'd know how much we were going to be spending later on related items..
Sponsored