Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
1. PhDM - Philippine Domestic Market

2. Might be the case then. Anyway im planning to get leds then test its actual current draw first using a multimeter. Wattage must be more or less 55W to mimic the original halogens.

Also, the issue might be with the leds available in our market. I have been reading this thread and most leds mentioned are not available locally.
Man I know what you er talking about. Ive spent two weeks of solid searching and research on LEDs that actually work. Ive watched so many dang videos on performance and so forth. I may get the GTR models as they seem to have the best patterns. Which is fine for my Highs and Fogs, but my dang low beam is a Osram HID D8S Projector. Those are only 25w ballast and finding a good OEM style (6000k) replacement is hard enough. Im either going to convert to an Osram 35w D3S or take a chance on a LED variant. You can find quality HID D3S bulbs.
Sponsored

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
New user here (I finally signed up as a member just to reply to this post). Thank you all for your helpful posts and data gathering. I've been a dedicated users to many car forums (WRX, Miata, Boxster, Subaru FXT, etc) - and this Ranger is my newest venture. :like:

After recommendations found throughout this thread I bought the following:

Fog lights: Auxito 12k Lumen H11 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQLGGBR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These fit perfectly inside the fog light housing, as expected. The LED's are positioned at 9 and 3 o'clock. Beam pattern looks about as good as stock (which is pretty scattered to begin with). Brightness looks to be at least the 2x stated in the amazon rating. Was a bitch to get my hands up behind the FX-4 bumper and remove the lights like others have mentioned.

Low/High: Autoone 12k Lumen H11 and 9005 set - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...n_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

I decided to try a different brand for the highs/lows for research. The designs are actually pretty similar - but The biggest difference is that the fan exhausts out the back of the unit as opposed to the top like the Auxito's do. I can confirm that the low beam H11's fit fine with the dust cover fully seated. No flicker when running as DRL. Here's a picture of stock compared to Autoone lows. The beam pattern is very similar, but again, much brighter than halogens. The LED's are positioned at 10/4 and 8/2 and these are not adjustable. But it doesn't seem to have a huge affect on the spotlight or beam pattern. I don't have a great place where I can park my truck on a flat surface looking at a wall 10-15 feet away. So the garage door about 3 feet is as good as I can get right now.

IMG_7639.jpg

IMG_7642.jpg

However I couldn't get the 9005 highs to fit. It seems like the round part of the "shank" wouldn't fit into the very tight tolerances in the ranger's headlamp bowl area. I could look into the front of the headlight and see that the light wasn't sliding all the way through into the housing and seemed to be catching at the base of the shank part. Has anyone had this issue with the Auxitos? Or are these just maybe a few millimeters bigger, and catching? Should I try without the rubber washer to see if that's causing some interference? (im pretty sure it's the meal base though) Unfortunately I scratched one up trying to get it to fit... so i don't think I can return them. :crying:

817fyxTLSLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
New user here (I finally signed up as a member just to reply to this post). Thank you all for your helpful posts and data gathering. I've been a dedicated users to many car forums (WRX, Miata, Boxster, Subaru FXT, etc) - and this Ranger is my newest venture. :like:

After recommendations found throughout this thread I bought the following:

Fog lights: Auxito 12k Lumen H11 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQLGGBR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These fit perfectly inside the fog light housing, as expected. The LED's are positioned at 9 and 3 o'clock. Beam pattern looks about as good as stock (which is pretty scattered to begin with). Brightness looks to be at least the 2x stated in the amazon rating. Was a bitch to get my hands up behind the FX-4 bumper and remove the lights like others have mentioned.

Low/High: Autoone 12k Lumen H11 and 9005 set - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...n_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

I decided to try a different brand for the highs/lows for research. The designs are actually pretty similar - but The biggest difference is that the fan exhausts out the back of the unit as opposed to the top like the Auxito's do. I can confirm that the low beam H11's fit fine with the dust cover fully seated. Here's a picture of stock compared to Autoone lows. The beam pattern is very similar, but again, much brighter than halogens. The LED's are positioned at 10/4 and 8/2 and these are not adjustable. But it doesn't seem to have a huge affect on the spotlight or beam pattern. I don't have a great place where I can park my truck on a flat surface looking at a wall 10-15 feet away. So the garage door about 3 feet is as good as I can get right now.

IMG_7639.jpg

IMG_7642.jpg

However I couldn't get the 9005 highs to fit. It seems like the round part of the "shank" wouldn't fit into the very tight tolerances in the ranger's headlamp bowl area. I could look into the front of the headlight and see that the light wasn't sliding all the way through into the housing and seemed to be catching at the base of the shank part. Has anyone had this issue with the Auxitos? Or are these just maybe a few millimeters bigger, and catching? Should I try without the rubber washer to see if that's causing some interference? (im pretty sure it's the meal base though) Unfortunately I scratched one up trying to get it to fit... so i don't think I can return them. :crying:

817fyxTLSLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I remember reading somewhere back in this thread that sometimes on these "bulbs" the O-ring on them is out of spec. They cured the issue by putting their original bulbs O-ring on the new " bulbs " and then had no issue. It would be worth a shot.

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Nope, turns out it wasn't the O-rings. Here's a side-by-side photo of the OEM halogen O-ring next to the Autoone LED O-ring:

IMG_7645.jpg

Something inside the housing is preventing it from going all the way in. I took a picture of the OEM halogen bulb fully locked in. And another picture trying to fit the LED bulb in. You can see the bulb can't go in far enough for the wings to engage and twist in place. Not sure exactly what the issue is, but some dimension on the inside isn't clearing properly.

IMG_7649.jpg

IMG_7647.jpg

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, turns out it wasn't the O-rings. Here's a side-by-side photo of the OEM halogen O-ring next to the Autoone LED O-ring:

IMG_7645.jpg

Something inside the housing is preventing it from going all the way in. I took a picture of the OEM halogen bulb fully locked in. And another picture trying to fit the LED bulb in. You can see the bulb can't go in far enough for the wings to engage and twist in place. Not sure exactly what the issue is, but some dimension on the inside isn't clearing properly.

IMG_7649.jpg

IMG_7647.jpg
Remember that these bulbs only go in *one* way due to the offset and size of the wings. Try rotating it (some bulbs don't install the same way stock do) and try again. I had to fight with that with a few of the bulbs I tried.

Reactions: FoD

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Went out and tried a 3rd time. The bulbs look like they go in the "standard" way. If you compare the wings on the locking mechanism they seem to match up to the OEM halogens.

IMG_7650.jpg

You can also see on the body of the LED's where something is rubbing against the shank.

IMG_7651.jpg

I just don't understand how these wouldn't fit - since many people have been able to get the Auxito 12k lm 9005 versions to fit. and the physical designs are so similar... :curse:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Went out and tried a 3rd time. The bulbs look like they go in the "standard" way. If you compare the wings on the locking mechanism they seem to match up to the OEM halogens.

IMG_7650.jpg

You can also see on the body of the LED's where something is rubbing against the shank.

IMG_7651.jpg

I just don't understand how these wouldn't fit - since many people have been able to get the Auxito 12k lm 9005 versions to fit. and the physical designs are so similar... :curse:
Yeah, there's a *TON* of variance in LED lights, and the Ranger is a little pickier than most it seems. I had a few that just refused to fit under any circumstances despite being listed as fitting. I think there's a few slight variances in even the same model that won't matter in most vehicles.

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Yeah, there's a *TON* of variance in LED lights, and the Ranger is a little pickier than most it seems. I had a few that just refused to fit under any circumstances despite being listed as fitting. I think there's a few slight variances in even the same model that won't matter in most vehicles.
Yeah I think you're right. I measured against the stated dimensions for the Auxito versions, and the Autoone were exactly the same in every way. The only one I can't verify is the shank girth.

IMG_7652.jpg

I guess maybe I should just move on and try a different bulb. What 9005's have people had the best luck with? I saw a few pages back, and on page 1, these were recommended:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1T5NWB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A63AVRRFM3OU2&psc=1

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I think you're right. I measured against the stated dimensions for the Auxito versions, and the Autoone were exactly the same in every way. The only one I can't verify is the shank girth.

IMG_7652.jpg

I guess maybe I should just move on and try a different bulb. What 9005's have people had the best luck with? I saw a few pages back, and on page 1, these were recommended. Is there a safe limit to the wattage? 100w seems like a lot for an LED.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1T5NWB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=A63AVRRFM3OU2&psc=1
These are the ones I'm currently running for my high beams, and the output is a bit on the crazy side IMO, they're really bright. I'm really only keeping them for now because I do a lot of off-roading and that light at night is nice: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0856ZZW2F/

But these are the ones I had before and I really recommend them, though it looks like they're unavailable and I'm not sure what they replaced them with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TYX5FM5/

Personally I would stay under 16k lumens (closer to 10-12k) and 80W. The headlights are only 60W according to the manual so I'm not sure what the wiring is rated for. I wouldn't go nearly double, not comfortably at least, without external drivers/power.

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Personally I would stay under 16k lumens (closer to 10-12k) and 80W. The headlights are only 60W according to the manual so I'm not sure what the wiring is rated for. I wouldn't go nearly double, not comfortably at least, without external drivers/power.
Probably a good rule of thumb on the lumens. However I think the OEM manual stating 60w would be per bulb, right? whereas the Amazon listings are 80w or 100w per pair (40-50w per bulb).

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys

IMG_7652.jpg

I guess maybe I should just move on and try a different bulb. What 9005's have people had the best luck with? I saw a few pages back, and on page 1, these were recommended:

Have you checked the length of the new bulb ? Remember, we have blackout caps that shroud the end of the bulb.

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s what worked on my XLT.
These are led 1:1 size same as stock halogens, No fan
but has heatsink design.

I had no problem installing these in the stock high and low beam locations and putting the dust cover back. The fog lights were a pita, but manageable after I got rid of the FX4 plastic air dams.

Its been month now, no issues so far.

9005 Mars Auto led Hi-beams:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079L49N9P/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

H11 Mars Auto led Fogs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCL8N2S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For my low beams, I bought Techmax 6500K H11:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0885RQQ4R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

50CC3A2F-E5EF-472C-94FD-E3E80FA23E49.jpeg

301ABBE1-2AD7-4490-AA7C-4F7AD7D019CC.jpeg

32981A2D-7306-4017-88DC-B6C71FDC0AFF.jpeg

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Have you checked the length of the new bulb ? Remember, we have blackout caps that shroud the end of the bulb.
Not on the high beams we don’t. Doesn’t seem to be a length issue as much as a girth issue with the base of the bulb shank.

royalnewjersey

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Marketing
In case anyone was interested on what the "guts" look like on these. I'm sure most of these are made with the same internal components from the same Chinese factories.

IMG_7653.jpg

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Just an FYI, I changed the first post to a WIKI post. I figured one day, I'll either forget about adding stuff to the list or just get lazy and not do it. The only thing I ask is that you keep the formatting the same. It'll make life easier for everyone. If I get the time, I'll go back a few pages and make sure we're caught up.
Sponsored