First Name
Jamison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger
Occupation
chef
Coming in a little late but I ordered some Auxitos for the lows, highs, and fogs.
Lows/fogs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQLGGBR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Highs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WMG43QJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All of the lights look great and are super bright. Fitment was tough with the lows and fogs. But slipping the stock gasket on made things a bit easier. Took everything on a short road trip this past weekend and had zero issues.
So, I guess this is the consensus on LEDs?
Sponsored

ACon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Lariat, 2018 Ford Explorer Limited
Newbie question here. I feel dumb almost even asking it.

I've got a 2020 Lariat and my headlights don't even appear to have the grey dust cover. As a result, I can't even find how to replace the bulbs because I can't find the back of them. Mine doesn't seem to operate anything like the pictures I'm seeing of everyone else's lights.

When I look at high and low beams, it almost look like the come from the same spot of the headlight. I almost feel like the connection is actually below where I'm seeing everyone else's bulbs. The spot where you all have a dust cover is just a completely filled in black plastic piece for me.

Am I just an idiot or do the Lariat's lights work way different than the other trims?

InkedIMG_20200818_224436_LI.jpg
IMG_20200818_224638.jpg
InkedIMG_20200818_224325_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_20200818_224218_LI.jpg

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Newbie question here. I feel dumb almost even asking it.

I've got a 2020 Lariat and my headlights don't even appear to have the grey dust cover. As a result, I can't even find how to replace the bulbs because I can't find the back of them. Mine doesn't seem to operate anything like the pictures I'm seeing of everyone else's lights.

When I look at high and low beams, it almost look like the come from the same spot of the headlight. I almost feel like the connection is actually below where I'm seeing everyone else's bulbs. The spot where you all have a dust cover is just a completely filled in black plastic piece for me.

Am I just an idiot or do the Lariat's lights work way different than the other trims?

InkedIMG_20200818_224436_LI.jpg
IMG_20200818_224638.jpg
InkedIMG_20200818_224325_LI.jpg
InkedIMG_20200818_224218_LI.jpg
Yes, Lariats are different because they're LED headlight housings already, you don't have the same bulbs that other trims have to replace. Similar to how the rear housings are as well.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
The Lariat head lights are full LED units. They are not serviceable. Theoretically the LEDs should last for the life of the truck.

ACon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Lariat, 2018 Ford Explorer Limited
The Lariat head lights are full LED units. They are not serviceable. Theoretically the LEDs should last for the life of the truck.
Thanks for the confirmation!

And darn. I really wanted to increase their output a bit. The low beams are ok, but I feel like the high beams could definitely be brighter...

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Thanks for the confirmation!

And darn. I really wanted to increase their output a bit. The low beams are ok, but I feel like the high beams could definitely be brighter...
Lots of led light bar solutions for that problem.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Has anyone tried Morimoto LED bulbs? I know they are good bulbs just wondering if they fit. I've tried these cheaper brands in the past and they just don't last.

OP
OP
weasel1

weasel1

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lighting Blue FX4 w/302A
Occupation
Nuclear Operator
Has anyone tried Morimoto LED bulbs? I know they are good bulbs just wondering if they fit. I've tried these cheaper brands in the past and they just don't last.
I have them in my Colorado. Great bulbs, but I highly doubt they'll fit. There's much more room behind the bulb on a Colorado and I had to extend the housing cover to get it to fit.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I have them in my Colorado. Great bulbs, but I highly doubt they'll fit. There's much more room behind the bulb on a Colorado and I had to extend the housing cover to get it to fit.
They are great. I had them in my Ram 1500 and in my wife's car. Fan is a little noisy but they output and 3 year warranty are great

Deleted member 1634

Okay here are some photos of my install.

Low Beams: GTR CSP Mini ($99 on sale)
High Beams: BEAMTECH 9005 Fanless ($37.99)
Fog Lights: BEAMTECH H11 Fanless ($37.99)

For the photographs, I measured 25 feet from the fence and parked with my front bumper at the 25 foot mark to try and simulate this test by Headlight Revolution.

Fog Lights Only:
Fogs Only.jpg

Low Beams and Fog Lights:
Low Beams and Fogs.jpg

Low and High Beams:
Low and High.jpg

I was really struggling to get the max reading on camera . Trying to hold the two part meter and take a photo was a challenge. I did see readings in the 1790 range, but trying to photograph it was elusive. It really is a two person job with this meter.

Anyway the Maximum LUX is somewhere between 1750-1800 only a few lux below what Headlight Revolution got::

LUX.jpg

I have to adjust my low beams a bit to get them a bit more horizontal with the cut line, but all-in-all there isn't a lot of bleed over the top.
Any "long term" update on the GTR low beams? Getting flashed at all? Still performing well?

Still thinking of getting these, but want to make sure the alignment and brightness are well enough to not cause issues.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Had an interesting find over the past week that has caused me to pull the LED's. I drove from Detroit to Tampa. Started at 10p.m. and figured this would be the best opportunity to see how the LED's compared in night driving. Since installing them, I really haven't drove at night since it wasn't getting dark here until after 9 and with Covid, I haven't really gone out at night.

I drove until about 3a.m. with the Led's. Got into some mountains in Kentucky that had some curvy turns. I began driving with the fogs off but that changed about 2 hours in. I wasn't getting enough light to be comfortable so I turned them on. I gotta say, there were some curves that made me clinch my butt because I couldn't see as well as I expected to. Up close everything was plenty bright but the throw of the lights was imo somewhat dangerous. The beam pattern being slightly scattered didn't help. For the few minutes of rain we hit, I was not at all comfortable but I struggle in rain at night as it is.

Around 3a.m. we stopped at a rest stop and I swapped bulbs in the low beams for the stock halogens. I drove until 8 a.m. with just the low beams on. I did put on the fogs a couple times to see how much lighting I was missing down low with them off but that was for 10 seconds at a time. I hate to say it but the halogens were substantially better. The throw was farther, the beam pattern was much better and I could clearly see curves up ahead. I also noticed, in construction zones, the lane markings didn't get washed out like they did with LED's. Even as my eyes got tired, I could still see very well.

While in Tampa, I put my halogens back in the fogs at my uncles house. I drove back from Tampa with the low beams and fogs on with the stock bulbs. I didn't have as much night driving as I did going down but for the few hours I did have, it was a much better experience.

For now, the Auxitos are in their box in my truck but I can't see using LED's after this experience. I think for me, its either use the halogens or swap to the Lariat LED housings. The LED's look substantially better but function wise, they just aren't as good imo.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Had an interesting find over the past week that has caused me to pull the LED's. I drove from Detroit to Tampa. Started at 10p.m. and figured this would be the best opportunity to see how the LED's compared in night driving. Since installing them, I really haven't drove at night since it wasn't getting dark here until after 9 and with Covid, I haven't really gone out at night.

I drove until about 3a.m. with the Led's. Got into some mountains in Kentucky that had some curvy turns. I began driving with the fogs off but that changed about 2 hours in. I wasn't getting enough light to be comfortable so I turned them on. I gotta say, there were some curves that made me clinch my butt because I couldn't see as well as I expected to. Up close everything was plenty bright but the throw of the lights was imo somewhat dangerous. The beam pattern being slightly scattered didn't help. For the few minutes of rain we hit, I was not at all comfortable but I struggle in rain at night as it is.

Around 3a.m. we stopped at a rest stop and I swapped bulbs in the low beams for the stock halogens. I drove until 8 a.m. with just the low beams on. I did put on the fogs a couple times to see how much lighting I was missing down low with them off but that was for 10 seconds at a time. I hate to say it but the halogens were substantially better. The throw was farther, the beam pattern was much better and I could clearly see curves up ahead. I also noticed, in construction zones, the lane markings didn't get washed out like they did with LED's. Even as my eyes got tired, I could still see very well.

While in Tampa, I put my halogens back in the fogs at my uncles house. I drove back from Tampa with the low beams and fogs on with the stock bulbs. I didn't have as much night driving as I did going down but for the few hours I did have, it was a much better experience.

For now, the Auxitos are in their box in my truck but I can't see using LED's after this experience. I think for me, its either use the halogens or swap to the Lariat LED housings. The LED's look substantially better but function wise, they just aren't as good imo.
Yeah, some of the LEDs have really inexcusable beam patterns and throw. One thing is for sure, pure output isn't always better, as you noted, it can easily wash out signs and make them hard to see.. My current brights will do that, but the low beam are just fine. I really wish I had the lights from my Mustang, the factory setup was the best I've ever used or seen anywhere.

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
Yeah, some of the LEDs have really inexcusable beam patterns and throw. One thing is for sure, pure output isn't always better, as you noted, it can easily wash out signs and make them hard to see.. My current brights will do that, but the low beam are just fine. I really wish I had the lights from my Mustang, the factory setup was the best I've ever used or seen anywhere.
I had a 2016 Mustang with the HID lights and they were absolutely fantastic. I would kill to have those in this truck.
Sponsored