First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford, Ranger Supercrew Lariat
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, retired
The sad part about the leather is they are "SLIP COVERS". They are not held in place with hog rings or any other device(s) to stretch and hold the leather to prevent wrinkles; they are zippered in place. I took my Lariet to the Ford dealership with only 200 miles. They stated that they would replace the seats. Ford denied my claim, the next day they accepted it. I think the folks at the dealership explained that my seats were really crappy, but other 2020's on their lot were much tighter. They are ordering new covers for all the seats, it will take another two weeks. I think this sloppy seat thing was new to my dealership. They had pulled all the seats out of my truck thinking they could "tighten" them before they contacted Ford. I went down to the dealership and inspected my seats sitting on a bench. These are definitely slip covers. I am very curious about how many models Ford and other car manufactures employ this form of seat covers.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
The sad part about the leather is they are "SLIP COVERS". They are not held in place with hog rings or any other device(s) to stretch and hold the leather to prevent wrinkles; they are zippered in place. I took my Lariet to the Ford dealership with only 200 miles. They stated that they would replace the seats. Ford denied my claim, the next day they accepted it. I think the folks at the dealership explained that my seats were really crappy, but other 2020's on their lot were much tighter. They are ordering new covers for all the seats, it will take another two weeks. I think this sloppy seat thing was new to my dealership. They had pulled all the seats out of my truck thinking they could "tighten" them before they contacted Ford. I went down to the dealership and inspected my seats sitting on a bench. These are definitely slip covers. I am very curious about how many models Ford and other car manufactures employ this form of seat covers.
Pretty normal now to zip or click on covers,hog rings are too labor intensive for new vehicle manufacturers to use.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Mine are a little loose but not bad.

lohchief

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 CC.
Occupation
Disabled/retired
Vehicle Showcase

2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
Ok so i just had my driver side seat replaced after 3000 miles and a fair amount of sag
I found a small incision in the leather that the dealer swapped out for free (my interior was added on after purchase by local shop that works with dealership)
I had a long discussion with the owners of the shop in regards to saggy leather
They informed me that it takes a good 90 days or so for the material to shrink to the foam appropriately. All of this is depending on weather , so those of you that are in colder weather will likely have saggier seats
I thought the opposite that Heat would expand the leather but it actually contracts it
After enough debate i am sold that our seats are fine and that we are all probably overreacting with our ā€œforum OCDā€ and we should all probably move on to something else to worry about lol.
Maybe we can start a thread on sound deadening , so donā€™t worry, every speed bump will still piss you off and the forums will live on long after the truck dies
End rant
Seriously you believe that bull about heat. How much heat does it take ?My ass feels like its sitting on hot coals about ready to burst into flames when I have the heated seat feature on.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Where did that come from?
If you have nothing to add then go away. I have saggy seats but Iā€™m not really that upset over them. Of course they should be perfect and acknowledged by Ford but Why should someone come on this thread and say Iā€™m smart, I bought the XLT. Either contribute or move on. Maybe we should say wow! Youā€™re smart. Maybe I shouldā€™ve bought an XLT. Grow a pair

mlosi762

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
If you have nothing to add then go away. I have saggy seats but Iā€™m not really that upset over them. Of course they should be perfect and acknowledged by Ford but Why should someone come on this thread and say Iā€™m smart, I bought the XLT. Either contribute or move on. Maybe we should say wow! Youā€™re smart. Maybe I shouldā€™ve bought an XLT. Grow a pair
No need to be rude on here man. So some people decided to by an XLT for this very reason, and they may persuade others to do the same. That IS adding to the conversation. I'm pretty pissed about the quality of the leather seats too, it is a legitimate gripe when you spend 40K+ on a new vehicle.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
No need to be rude on here man. So some people decided to by an XLT for this very reason, and they may persuade others to do the same. That IS adding to the conversation. I'm pretty pissed about the quality of the leather seats too, it is a legitimate gripe when you spend 40K+ on a new vehicle.
I apologize. I was out of line

llm.flyfisher

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range crew cab XLT
The Katzkin leather on my seats seems to be holding up nicely. Taut and clean. Love it!

BTW my truck is a XLT. I do wish they would put the good headlights in all trim levels. That is a pure safety issue.

Shermy452

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019 lariat fx4
Has anyone had luck with the replacing..I bought my cpo with only 2300 miles and I just noticed today that my driver seat has some sag. Trying to go to the dealership tomorrow. I really am kinda upset. I feel like there's been a couple of issues and I just bought it on Saturday. Little disappointed with how it turned out.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
I have slightly on my driver's seat. Truck is 3 months old. I remember having a similar problem on my 2011 F150 Lariat. Fought with Ford (not the dealership) for almost 7 months before they replaced. Don't think I will go thru that again lol.

Seat2.jpg

Seat1.jpg

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine are doing the same. Iā€™m torn between getting it fixed and waiting to just sell it. Iā€™ve always liked Ford but new vehicles just have too much crap in it and I want to go back to simpler times.
Sponsored