Leather Seating - How much is actually Leather?

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
Thanks for all that. But my question was what pieces of the seat covering are leather and what are the non-leather sections made from. Was wondering why they state it as Leather Trim.
Reread reply and keep doing it. The rest, is vinyl that was not in your question. Who cares about the leather being treated it's still leather. If you want better leather buy a king ranch!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Reread reply and keep doing it. The rest, is vinyl that was not in your question. Who cares about the leather being treated it's still leather. If you want better leather buy a king ranch!!!
All I asked was what part of the seats were leather. What the fuck is the problem with that?

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to buy a King Ranch, but Ford doesn't offer one in the Ranger. So I ordered a Lariat. *shrug* At the end of the day, the truck is about 10-15k cheaper than I was planning on spending on an F-150 Platinum because Ford doesn't offer me a more expensive choice of Ranger.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The King Ranch uses vinyl coated leather like the Ranger. I know of no company that uses real un-messed with high-quality porous leather,
Maybe in $100K-$500K vehicles.

Certainly not in regular luxury brands like Lexus. MB, Caddy, and Lincoln Still vinyl covered.....

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
All I asked was what part of the seats were leather. What the fuck is the problem with that?
Asked and and answered what more do you want. Oh by the way do you even own and or going to buy one.

pannwfn

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 fx4 level II
The King Ranch uses vinyl coated leather like the Ranger. I know of no company that uses real un-messed with high-quality porous leather,
Maybe in $100K-$500K vehicles.

Certainly not in regular luxury brands like Lexus. MB, Caddy, and Lincoln Still vinyl covered.....
Let's call it scotch guard they put the same stuff on the cloth. You're still sitting on plastic. Hey get some plastic and cover the seats like my grandmother did all of her furniture. It boils down to cloth or leather take your pick.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Let's call it scotch guard they put the same stuff on the cloth. You're still sitting on plastic. Hey get some plastic and cover the seats like my grandmother did all of her furniture. It boils down to cloth or leather take your pick.
You don't have to cover the seats with plastic. The "leather" seats are already covered as part of the making of the "leather" Body parts never actually touch real leather,
Sponsored