First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I'm not saying there isn't an issue with these seats but my scrawny ass has done this to every leather seat I've owned. My 2011 Flex Limited and 2014 Fusion even had stitching across the cusion cover and it still bubbled like that.
Yep, that is the other factor. Backside size and shape.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Retired Caterpillar, Inc. Senior Quality Engineer
20200128_155007_resized.jpg
View attachment 31385
20200128_163627_resized.jpg
20200128_163631_resized.jpg
View attachment 31385
View attachment 31385

My 1500 mile seats are puckered poor quality in my opinion and for the money spent not happy. The other photos are from 30000 mile buick encore. The seats in the 2011 regal I traded in for the ranger just as good with more miles
Please call Ford’s Customer care. I just had mine replaced and they are still not good and I have 800 miles on my truck. I have now asked the customer care rep to escalate my case I am awaiting a call back. Please lodge a complaint. That is the only way we will make Ford aware of the crappy seats they are installing on their top of the line trim.

Robert Manikowski

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150 Lariat
My 2019 seats are sagging just like this. I plan to talk to Ford eventually but the results don’t look promising.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I’m sitting at the dealership getting an oil change and rotate and balance. I expect this service may burn up the rest of my points.

Anyway I showed them my seats, he said that’s probably common but he can take a picture and send it to corporate.
I’ve already talked to CS.

Asked about my 3.3 Sync update and was told that’s the lasted version but it would be $100 for a tech to update it. I told him I can do it but I never see any message that says it’s updated or I had the current version. He said it won’t. I guess you just assume everything is good, he said, yeap.

I hate dealerships.

Edit: got finished with my truck and the service Rep said he took pictures and sent to corporate. They said they could try and pull the existing cover tighter to take the slack out.
I don’t think that will fix it. Looks to me like there is too much material or too little padding.
Don’t see a way to pull the center slack out by pulling the edges tighter.....?

Last edited:

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Please call Ford’s Customer care. I just had mine replaced and they are still not good and I have 800 miles on my truck. I have now asked the customer care rep to escalate my case I am awaiting a call back. Please lodge a complaint. That is the only way we will make Ford aware of the crappy seats they are installing on their top of the line trim.
Well, Ford's Customer Care (second tier) contacted me the other day and left a voicemail asking me to call them back. I did that and left a voicemail when Quanita M. didn't answer. She never returned my call; so, I sent her an email complete with photos of my seats (both before and after replacement of the covers) and photos of other truck seats that have been put on this forum. She never acknowledged I had sent them and instead had her subordinate call me and tell me that there was nothing more Ford would do and that I should contact my dealer to see if he could fix them. What a frigging joke! Anyway, please contact Ford if your seats are bad. They won't fix them, but at least they will know I am not the only one unhappy with the poor quality seats.

Last edited:

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
This leather seat concern is one reason I may order a loaded XLT. Hopefully the Premium Cloth seats don't have problems.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well, Ford's Customer Care (second tier) contacted me the other day and left a voicemail asking me to call them back. I did that and left a voicemail when Quanita M. didn't answer. She never returned my call; so, I sent her an email complete with photos of my seats (both before and after replacement of the covers) and photos of other truck seats that have been put on this forum. She never acknowledged I had sent them and instead had her subordinate call me and tell me that there was nothing more Ford would do and that I should contact my dealer to see if he could fix them. What a frigging joke! Anyway, please contact Ford if your seats are bad. They won't fix them, but at least they will know I am not the only one unhappy with the poor quality sats.

This is exactly why I don't waste my time with emails and make a phone call and go right to the top when there's an issue like this. It's really not up to the dealer to fix Fords mistakes,they're just passing the buck. If I were you I'd be on the phone first thing in the morning and speaking with a supervisor and letting them know you're not happy with the seats and they're unacceptable in this condition and you want them fixed right by a quality upholster.

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is exactly why I don't waste my time with emails and make a phone call and go right to the top when there's an issue like this. It's really not up to the dealer to fix Fords mistakes,they're just passing the buck. If I were you I'd be on the phone first thing in the morning and speaking with a supervisor and letting them know you're not happy with the seats and they're unacceptable in this condition and you want them fixed right by a quality upholster.
Dave, do you have that phone number of someone at the top? I would love to have it. I followed the route that was available to me...contact the dealer, contact first tier Ford Customer Care, and then Customer Care 2nd level (which shut me down and closed the issue). What number and name do you have? If you share it with me, I will call tomorrow.
Thanks much!
Ron

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, do you have that phone number of someone at the top? I would love to have it. I followed the route that was available to me...contact the dealer, contact first tier Ford Customer Care, and then Customer Care 2nd level (which shut me down and closed the issue). What number and name do you have? If you share it with me, I will call tomorrow.
Thanks much!
Ron
Sorry Ron I don't have any specific number for Ford,just call the main customer service number and ask to speak to a supervisor. Doing a quick search this looks like the number you should call. Sometimes it's a real PITA trying to get someone who will actually help you but don't give up and be persistent and keep calling back until you get someone who will listen/help you.

When I was having problems with my Tacoma I just called the main number and of course the person you first get wants to try and help you. Just tell them this has been an ongoing issue and you're issue hasn't been resolved and you need to speak with a supervisor. It took me several phone calls but I finally got someone who was willing to help me out..Good luck!

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry Ron I don't have any specific number for Ford,just call the main customer service number and ask to speak to a supervisor. Doing a quick search this looks like the number you should call. Sometimes it's a real PITA trying to get someone who will actually help you but don't give up and be persistent and keep calling back until you get someone who will listen/help you.

When I was having problems with my Tacoma I just called the main number and of course the person you first get wants to try and help you. Just tell them this has been an ongoing issue and you're issue hasn't been resolved and you need to speak with a supervisor. It took me several phone calls but I finally got someone who was willing to help me out..Good luck!
Thanks, Dave. I will give it a shot.
Ron

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat,
What I find strange is some people on here have trucks with nice looking leather seats. How can Ford get some covers that are really nice and some that are total trash? It is as though they have multiple suppliers that obviously have totally different quality standards. Someone in the quality department needs to get this under control. I suppose it could be someone in Ford's Purchasing Department has forgotten whom they work for.
What I find strange is some people on here have trucks with nice looking leather seats. How can Ford get some covers that are really nice and some that are total trash? It is as though they have multiple suppliers that obviously have totally different quality standards. Someone in the quality department needs to get this under control. I suppose it could be someone in Ford's Purchasing Department has forgotten whom they work for.
Ron
Ron
This is the 2nd time for me. The dealer says they have ordered new seats instead of having a local shop try and refit existing. I will be curious to see if they will be compete seats or just covers. I will ask to see them before they install.

OP
OP

rdgallo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is the 2nd time for me. The dealer says they have ordered new seats instead of having a local shop try and refit existing. I will be curious to see if they will be compete seats or just covers. I will ask to see them before they install.
Good luck! I have given up on mine for now anyway.

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB

This is where I have to give Chrysler big kudos. Both Ford and GM keep contact information a deep dark secret. On two different occasions, I have found email info for the head of Chrysler North America and made successful contacts

The first was in 2004, I ordered a Dakota and the order kept getting pushed back. At that time Daimler was in control, and through a google search I found the email for Dr. Deiter Zetsche. I sent an email at 10 pm on a Thursday night. The following Tuesday, I received a call from a gentleman from Dr. Zetsche office. He said that they had received my email and were looking into it. The order got moved up a week and I was called as soon as it came off the line.

The second was in 2012 and involved my parents 2008 Town & Country minivan. The van only had 30k on it and was losing oil at a rate of 1 quart per month. The dealership took it in and determined that it needed a new engine. Since it was the only model year with a life time power train warranty, Chrysler agreed to short block it. Since these are not just sitting on a shelf some where, it took awhile to get one built. At 6 weeks out, the order handling software that all big companies use known as SAP flagged the part as being "no longer available" because 6 weeks had passed. This is an engine that Chrysler had used forever and was still using at that time, in many Chrysler/Dodge models. Chrysler informed the dealership that they would have to bring the van in, tear the engine apart, determine what needed to be replaced and order the parts. The dealership was not thrilled with this response and neither were my parents. Unbeknown to any one, I decided to write another email to rectify the situation. I googled the head of Chrysler NA and found contact info for Sergio Marchone of Fiat. Email sent late on a Thursday. Friday morning, Chrysler called the dealership and me to say they were frantically searching for a short block. Short block arrived at dealership on Saturday. I received 2 calls on Saturday giving me updates and to admit that my email pointed to a glitch in their computer system.

Won't get that kind of service from Ford or GM.

Noel Willhite

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so i just had my driver side seat replaced after 3000 miles and a fair amount of sag
I found a small incision in the leather that the dealer swapped out for free (my interior was added on after purchase by local shop that works with dealership)
I had a long discussion with the owners of the shop in regards to saggy leather
They informed me that it takes a good 90 days or so for the material to shrink to the foam appropriately. All of this is depending on weather , so those of you that are in colder weather will likely have saggier seats
I thought the opposite that Heat would expand the leather but it actually contracts it
After enough debate i am sold that our seats are fine and that we are all probably overreacting with our “forum OCD” and we should all probably move on to something else to worry about lol.
Maybe we can start a thread on sound deadening , so don’t worry, every speed bump will still piss you off and the forums will live on long after the truck dies
End rant
Sponsored