Occupation
ENGINEER
That's an ugly truck.

What IS funny?

Are Irish jokes funny?

Is it okay to make light of fat people?

Skinny people?

Dumb people?

Ohh, what about Jews, are they safe to mention?

Get over yourself dude.
I am Chinese, I sport a Fu Man Chu mustache. It DOES look like Charlie Chan's 'stache. I find no offense to D Fresh's post...

The Charlie Chan Collection movies marked the first time there had been an Asian hero on screen. Generally, Asian characters had been villains or servants. Chan was brilliant, a fervent family man, moral and admired around the world. Director Biggers created Chan as a reaction against the racist Yellow Peril stories popular in the early 20th century.

Biggers publicly acknowledged the real-life detective Chang Apana as the inspiration for the character of Charlie Chan

LA Times article

Life's too short to not let someone make fun of a Euro-American actor who was a positive reflection of Asians during a bad time for racism.

Peace out.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
My neighbors had one for over a month now. I’ve been giving it a chance and time to grow on me like most things do but it’s not! All I think of when I see it is the Transformers and why So much plastic. Rear is just as bad as the front. It’s hideous.
Give it some time. The Fu Man Shu is not for everyone though, more of an acquired taste.

thunders_truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 scab ranger XL 4x4, 2008 nissan 350Z
Occupation
civil engineer
That's my point alltogether.

This woke bullshit does nothing but divide people. And many times the people pushing it are the biggest offenders.

As a group, Asians are one of the MOST racist people on the planet.
LOL

Do you not see the oxymoron here? Of you decrying division between people, and then immediately grouping 'Asians' (whatever that means to you... the continent has a population of ~4.5 billion fyi) as 'one of the most racist people on the planet'? C'mon...

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
ok dude, chill out, lol.

only responding at this point because you felt the need to keep going on and on to defend yourself after I literally said I know you meant zero harm. What does that say about your character?

"ps-" speaking of characters, that is most definitely not Victor Sen Yung in your post LMAO. Victor would be the guy on the top right corner of this

lol, you did the same thing again.

“I know you meant no harm, but your ignorant and insensitive.“

“chill out, but what does that say about your character.”

easy to read what those kind of statements say about your character, but I am curious as to what you think me defending myself says about mine. You obviously have an opinion

and I googled who played Charlie, that name came up. Guess I read it wrong. I guess Charlie was in yellow face as he was Swedish.

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
LOL

Do you not see the oxymoron here? Of you decrying division between people, and then immediately grouping 'Asians' (whatever that means to you... the continent has a population of ~4.5 billion fyi) as 'one of the most racist people on the planet'? C'mon...
Yes, of course. I'm a hypocrite because I discussed asians in reference to your post about racism towards asians.

You didn't even use "oxymoron" correctly. Are you sure you're asian?

Jokes bring us together, when we can laugh at ourselves and one another we can see how similar we really are.
Hopefully you can see that one day.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
It's like they deliberately set out to make the ugliest truck they could.
Doing their best to challenge Chevy/GMC for the title.

grammat95

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor - Lariat (Black)
Occupation
Maritime Professional
I'm all up for making fun of the Tundra, it is indeed a hideous truck.

But I definitely was not expecting to see a picture of an old-school actor in yellowface on this forum, in 2022, comparing it to "Asian Heritage" as a joke. I know you meant zero harm, but as an Asian man myself, I can tell you that the joke comes across a bit ignorant & insensitive in this day and age. I'm not sure if you have many asian friends (I surmise that you don't), but I can tell you that your comparison of a Japanese truck, to Fu Man Chu, as being asian heritage is not relevant nor funny.
Alright, that post was just stupid but damn I don't understand how you were triggered. Just because you're from Ann Arbor doesn't mean you have to act like it lol.

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
Chevy has the best looking truck right now by far. The Tundra is also is a good looking truck. Ford needs to fire their stylists, they have the ugliest, lamest looking front end styling on any truck pretty much ever made, and that's saying something. And they want to make all three of their truck lines look the same. Dumb move.Now,that is just my opinion, but Ford isn't selling me another truck until they stop the ugly, and get their act together with fixing all the problems this gen has before i would ever even consider buying the next gen. I was a die hard brand loyal Ford guy, this ranger changed that unfortunately. I still love my vintage Fords, but they lost me with this new crap that doesn't work right.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Chevy has the best looking truck right now by far. The Tundra is also is a good looking truck. Ford needs to fire their stylists, they have the ugliest, lamest looking front end styling on any truck pretty much ever made, and that's saying something. And they want to make all three of their truck lines look the same. Dumb move.Now,that is just my opinion, but Ford isn't selling me another truck until they stop the ugly, and get their act together with fixing all the problems this gen has before i would ever even consider buying the next gen. I was a die hard brand loyal Ford guy, this ranger changed that unfortunately. I still love my vintage Fords, but they lost me with this new crap that doesn't work right.
Soooooo, to sum it up...

...you like ugly trucks?

XLT and me

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 xlt ranger 62 galaxie
Occupation
Truck driver
Aw, so not everyone likes the same thing?Life would be pretty boring without some variety.Sorry if bland is some of you fella's favorite flavor. Like I said, that's my opinion, and having actually built cars and won trophy's gives me a pretty good insight as to what looks good and what doesn't. How bout you?

Status
Not open for further replies.