First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
For the First Time in person. The Grill looks hideous in my opinion. Is this suppose to be attractive? I see the Asian Heritage. It kinda reminds me a Charlie Chan's Fu Man Chu Mustache.
chan.jpg

tundra.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
T
For the First Time in person. The Grill looks hideous in my opinion. Is this suppose to be attractive? I see the Japanese Heritage. It kinda reminds me a Charlie Chan's Fu Man Chu Mustache

tundra.png
They are uber ugly

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

thunders_truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 scab ranger XL 4x4, 2008 nissan 350Z
Occupation
civil engineer
I'm all up for making fun of the Tundra, it is indeed a hideous truck.

But I definitely was not expecting to see a picture of an old-school actor in yellowface on this forum, in 2022, comparing it to "Asian Heritage" as a joke. I know you meant zero harm, but as an Asian man myself, I can tell you that the joke comes across a bit ignorant & insensitive in this day and age. I'm not sure if you have many asian friends (I surmise that you don't), but I can tell you that your comparison of a Japanese truck, to Fu Man Chu, as being asian heritage is not relevant nor funny.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Toyota's bug eyed headlight stuck out begging to get hit seems like a strange idea.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I actually thought they didn’t look too bad in print….thinking it might actually look better in person….and then I seen one, even worse than print. I can’t see how anyone could look at that truck and think it is so much better looking than a Ford, Ram or Chevy.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Yea my neighbor traded his F150 for one. Looks hideous. Like they took a Silverado and F150 from the lot straight to their design room, told them to take as much as they can and turn it up five notches

The pugface Tacoma was the worst now this

I would get the previous generation. Would buy a Ford first though

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
stock they do look pretty goofy ive seen a few in person when they have bumpers done up and they look good but thats because you cut half of the plastic goofy bumper off

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
Yea my neighbor traded his F150 for one. Looks hideous. Like they took a Silverado and F150 from the lot straight to their design room, told them to take as much as they can and turn it up five notches

The pugface Tacoma was the worst now this

I would get the previous generation. Would buy a Ford first though
The Ram definitely has had a bad pug face as well.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm all up for making fun of the Tundra, it is indeed a hideous truck.

But I definitely was not expecting to see a picture of an old-school actor in yellowface on this forum, in 2022, comparing it to "Asian Heritage" as a joke. I know you meant zero harm, but as an Asian man myself, I can tell you that the joke comes across a bit ignorant & insensitive in this day and age. I'm not sure if you have many asian friends (I surmise that you don't), but I can tell you that your comparison of a Japanese truck, to Fu Man Chu, as being asian heritage is not relevant nor funny.
Isn't the fu man chu an American thing that we did to Chinese men I'm the movies? Not really a catch all for the asian culture.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbors had one for over a month now. I’ve been giving it a chance and time to grow on me like most things do but it’s not! All I think of when I see it is the Transformers and why So much plastic. Rear is just as bad as the front. It’s hideous.

I do question just how smart he is to begin with though. He’s been driving around with a snow blower in his bed for over a week now and it’s 96 out!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.