Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It kind of looked good and bad. That may not make sense but that's how I feel.
My wife liked it and felt it looked very rugged.

To me, I think I'd have to see it more to see that design really grow on me and I think it will.
However, I would never buy one even if it did.
Sponsored

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I've still never seen one on the road... every dealer around here still has the same ones on the lot, I don't think they've sold a single one!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It kind of looked good and bad. That may not make sense but that's how I feel.
My wife liked it and felt it looked very rugged.

To me, I think I'd have to see it more to see that design really grow on me and I think it will.
However, I would never buy one even if it did.
I know what you mean as I had the same thoughts. I saw one for the first time a couple days ago and was like "That's kind of cool" but as I went by it the whole side view just looks goofy! While I'd never own one I like that it's giving more competition to the mid size trucks out there and will make every manufacturer step up their game.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I saw one at a restaurant in a nearby town. Not for me, but it’s alright.:sun:

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
I recently drove a rented Gladiator for 4 days during a visit/hunting trip out east. Combination of highway, city, and firebreak driving.

I found that it basically drove like it looked. A Wrangler with a bed tacked on. On the highway, it was noisy, wandered constantly, and was easily pushed around by wind.

Where it didn’t handle like a Wrangler was while maneuvering in tight spaces. Turn radius and all was like driving a midsize truck, and visibility was awful.

The firebreaks I ran could have been run by a Prius, so I didn’t really get to stretch it’s trail legs at all.

Since it was a rental, it was a Sport, so everything was base. Interior comfort, road noise notwithstanding, was acceptable, though I wouldn’t want to do an extended road trip in it.

Overall, I’d take my Ranger, or really any other midsized truck, over the Gladiator for a daily driver or work truck and just stick to the Wrangler for the technical off-roading.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
They are hideous, well IMO. The proportions are all wrong. The local rental place here has one and it's a popular ride for visitors.

The dealer we bought our Ranger from sells Chevy/Ford/Mopar. The more I stood their and looked at the Gladiator beside a SuperCab Ranger... the less I liked the Gladiator.

But that being said... I'm not a fan of SuperCrew Rangers either... the proportions are wrong on them also.

But the Gladiator... I mean... just look at it. It just looks whacky.

Gladiator Rear.jpg

Green Iguana 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport Truck Conversion.jpg

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are hideous, well IMO. The proportions are all wrong. The local rental place here has one and it's a popular ride for visitors.

The dealer we bought our Ranger from sells Chevy/Ford/Mopar. The more I stood their and looked at the Gladiator beside a SuperCab Ranger... the less I liked the Gladiator.

But that being said... I'm not a fan of SuperCrew Rangers either... the proportions are wrong on them also.

But the Gladiator... I mean... just look at it. It just looks whacky.

Gladiator Rear.jpg

Green Iguana 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport Truck Conversion.jpg
Well, I will say the orange one Ranger Pride showed does look much better than that gray one:).

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I'd drive one with a lift and aftermarket wheels with larger tires... but stock is just plain fugly!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Well, I will say the orange one Ranger Pride showed does look much better than that gray one:).
That's because 9 out of 10 photo's are a 3/4 front drivers side view shot. But when you actually see one, and walk around it, it looks much different.

Toby Kieth taught me that you need to scope out the entire ride... not just one view.

Toby Keith.jpg

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
I'd drive one with a lift and aftermarket wheels with larger tires... but stock is just plain fugly!
This is why I stayed away from commenting on the appearance. The bone stock “truck” I rented was absolutely horrendous. But lifted w/ 35’s and flat fenders, it tends to grow on me.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's because 9 out of 10 photo's are a 3/4 front drivers side view shot. But when you actually see one, and walk around it, it looks much different.

Toby Kieth taught me that you need to scope out the entire ride... not just one view.

Toby Keith.jpg

:LOL: So true.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
This is why I stayed away from commenting on the appearance. The bone stock “truck” I rented was absolutely horrendous. But lifted w/ 35’s and flat fenders, it tends to grow on me.
Like a Prius... :idea:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I have no idea why the same picture posted twice...