2022 tundra remote start subscription...

bostonburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Fx4 hot pepper red metallic
The best part is you need the subscription to use the remote start function from the key. My mother has a 2016 Lexus and had to get the subscription to be able to use her key to remote start but in the middle of last year Lexus discontinued the subscription service. Now she can't use the remote start app or the function built into the factory key fob despite paying a monthly subscription for 6 years and the solution from Lexus is getting an aftermarket remote start system installed that requires you to carry an extra remote. At least with Ford you can order remote start from the key and then they just give you the app for free.
Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Ok, it's a Taco really don't think Ford people care but thanks for the information.
Because it will eventually happen with Ford.

Looks like I will just keep driving what I have. What's next? A subscription for tires?
There are places around here where you can 'rent' to own tires.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
Insane to.pay that. You can get one installed down the street from me for $150. Or buy one on 12volt.com that uses the oem remote, I installed one in my wife's Fusion in less than 90 minutes.
agreed it is. does anyone make aftermarket remote starts yet for the new tundra?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
agreed it is. does anyone make aftermarket remote starts yet for the new tundra?
If not I'm sure they'll be out soon enough. But is there a way for the manufacturers to block these and only allow the OEM starters needing a subscription?

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If not I'm sure they'll be out soon enough. But is there a way for the manufacturers to block these and only allow the OEM starters needing a subscription?
you know thats a good question or will it be once you have one added your warranty is fully voided

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I misspoke in my earlier post on the website, it's not 12volt.com it's

https://www.12volt.solutions/

wasnt sure what year your Tundra was so i just searched "Tundra" on their site and got a few hits, not sure what you had in mind. They have a YouTube channel with instructions. This one shows a remote start for 2018 + Tundra. I would call then to see if Toyota made any changes that might keep this one from working.

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I misspoke in my earlier post on the website, it's not 12volt.com it's

https://www.12volt.solutions/

wasnt sure what year your Tundra was so i just searched "Tundra" on their site and got a few hits, not sure what you had in mind. They have a YouTube channel with instructions. This one shows a remote start for 2018 + Tundra. I would call then to see if Toyota made any changes that might keep this one from working.

i mean i dont own one lol so it dont bother me i was just wonderin if someone makes one or not or if toyota made it so aftermarket wont work

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
i mean i dont own one lol so it dont bother me i was just wonderin if someone makes one or not or if toyota made it so aftermarket wont work
No worries ?

This ones on this site is more expensive than other ones that require chasing and splicing/cutting wires, all of the ones of there's that I've seen are plug and play then remote control learning

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design

I'm sure it would be something worse like voiding a warranty if they discover you've tampered with the connection.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm sure it would be something worse like voiding a warranty if they discover you've tampered with the connection.
I was just thinking they'd try and disable it. Seeing as you didn't buy it from them it's one of those "well now you get nothing" type of deals. Should be easy from them to do too seeing as most every new vehicle has a modem and they can connect directly to the vehicle now. ?‍♂

OP
OP
Rhino

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was just thinking they'd try and disable it. Seeing as you didn't buy it from them it's one of those "well now you get nothing" type of deals. Should be easy from them to do too seeing as most every new vehicle has a modem and they can connect directly to the vehicle now. ?‍♂
it might be that way if you opt for the remote start the thing id like to know is if they are telling the buyer about it before they option that on the truck or if they are just waiting until that trial period is up then they find out...

hmm i should ask my buddy he has a new tunrdra

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless