First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
Occupation
Sales Account Executive
For the First Time in person. The Grill looks hideous in my opinion. Is this suppose to be attractive? I see the Asian Heritage. It kinda reminds me a Charlie Chan's Fu Man Chu Mustache.
chan.jpg

tundra.png
Its truly awful...that said, with the bumper removed, it looks MUCH better. Still have a hard time though with the side creases.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I stumbled upon a very interesting guy on YouTube and have since read a couple of his books. He has a very different take on China’s future. He is a geopolitical expert with most of his viewpoints being driven by demographics. He thinks China’s future is pretty pretty bleak, primarily driven by their one child policy that they shut off too late.

If interested, google Peter Zeihan China.
I only watched a short video but this guy seems way to rosy in regards to our enemies collapsing and America always being the supreme power. He predicted in 2010 China would collapse in 10 years!

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
on topic?
its page 7
give your heads a shake, threads only stay on topic for 3 or 4 posts usually, a full page at most.
1658436289428.png

who ? and , why ? Its creeping me out a little ... damn , bro would need a lift kit on a turtleneck sweater to cover all that ... sore throat = fatality ...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For the First Time in person. The Grill looks hideous in my opinion. Is this suppose to be attractive? I see the Asian Heritage. It kinda reminds me a Charlie Chan's Fu Man Chu Mustache.
chan.jpg

tundra.png
With the number of Design Reviews needed to approve the styling of a new vehicle, all I can say is that Toyota took a page out of how to get such a butt ugly vehicle to market from the Pontiac Aztec....

Awful, just Flippin' Awful

best,
Phil

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
1658436289428.png

who ? and , why ? Its creeping me out a little ... damn , bro would need a lift kit on a turtleneck sweater to cover all that ... sore throat = fatality ...
I think he'll more likely die from doing too much meth

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I only watched a short video but this guy seems way to rosy in regards to our enemies collapsing and America always being the supreme power. He predicted in 2010 China would collapse in 10 years!
Yeah, I think some of the binary nature of his calls is to sell books, but I think the fundamentals of his case as it pertains to China is pretty sound. I think the basic arithmetic of his analysis is pretty accurate and likely isn't lost on the Chinese. The problem with demographic trends is they are really long cycle events that have pretty irresistible gravity to them. If his thesis that Xi knows what he is selling and that knowledge might cause him to act on his promise to invade Taiwan proves true, we all might have some rough water ahead as the Chinese leadership tries to change the subject with the growing discontent of their populace, which has already started to happen, largely owning to their real estate bubble woes and the ham fisted Covid management, largely sitting at Xi's doorstep.

As far as his basic tenant that the US is and will remain the one true superpower, again, rarely are binary cases perfectly accurate, I suspect things will play out pretty closely to his viewpoint. We are very hard to beat at anything we think is important.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Yeah, I think some of the binary nature of his calls is to sell books, but I think the fundamentals of his case as it pertains to China is pretty sound. I think the basic arithmetic of his analysis is pretty accurate and likely isn't lost on the Chinese. The problem with demographic trends is they are really long cycle events that have pretty irresistible gravity to them. If his thesis that Xi knows what he is selling and that knowledge might cause him to act on his promise to invade Taiwan proves true, we all might have some rough water ahead as the Chinese leadership tries to change the subject with the growing discontent of their populace, which has already started to happen, largely owning to their real estate bubble woes and the ham fisted Covid management, largely sitting at Xi's doorstep.

As far as his basic tenant that the US is and will remain the one true superpower, again, rarely are binary cases perfectly accurate, I suspect things will play out pretty closely to his viewpoint. We are very hard to beat at anything we think is important.
I haven't read his books, I'm just troubled by his message that America will continue an upward trend unfettered while our competitors in this world, China and Russia, will simply collapse on their own. It's to the point I wonder about his own personal backround. It's the message I would want to convey to America if I was working in China's interest. We've already seen what can happen to America in just a couple years with Chinese influence on our president and the few officials like Swalwell. And those are just the ones we know about to say nothing of the effect of rampant intellectual property theft and some two billion dollars of US farmland bought up by China presumably to leave it barren. His message seems like "Don't worry, this is fine."

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
The is a whole lot of Fugly going on. Just far too much real estate of a grill, it needs broken up somehow.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Loved my 2007, 2023 no freaking way! Same for the Taco
Sponsored

Status