First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
New to this thread and ill try to get it back on topic. I purchased a 2020 Ford Ranger in October 2020, and the next day ordered alot of equipment/gear to outfit it to live out of for 3 weeks while travelling through the Yukon (hopefully) this summer along with many other local planned outings in my local area of BC. My truck is a 2020 Ford Ranger FX4 6' box. I have installed Yakima roof bars and basket on the cab, 3" BDS lift/level, and Duratracs. I also have a decked system that is sitting in my garage. Because of COVID delays, I am still waiting on a Leer 100XR insulated canopy / camper shell, Prinsu topper rack, 50" curved Rigid light, and various odds and ends such as recovery gear/kitchen supplies etc. Absolutely love this truck so far and I am coming from a 2012 Toyota Tundra TRD. I love the smaller foot print of the Ranger and just the overall driving experience. It will be used as a home base away from home while spending summers mountain biking and winters ski-touring in the Kootenay mountains. Love reading this thread and have come up with even more ideas!
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Dave, do they still have fresh air in California? Asking for a friend. ;)
Only if you pay the "BreatH" tax and carry a valid permit to do so. There's a fine if you do it without wearing a mask , indoors, in your own home, but if you own your home, they'll forgive the fine and double your property tax so that fill in with all the worse BS you can think of.

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
New to this thread and ill try to get it back on topic. I purchased ........
Good on you for trying Steve but as my friends down east say, "the arse is out of 'er now!"

It sounds like your rig will be well suited for a Yukon trip. I made a trip to Hyder, AK through BC and was tempted to keep going when I saw a sign for the Alaska-Yukon highway. Not sure why you'd leave Nelson, BC - I love that place!

Working on your build is a great way to spend time during lockdown. Enjoy!

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
Good on you for trying Steve but as my friends down east say, "the arse is out of 'er now!"

It sounds like your rig will be well suited for a Yukon trip. I made a trip to Hyder, AK through BC and was tempted to keep going when I saw a sign for the Alaska-Yukon highway. Not sure why you'd leave Nelson, BC - I love that place!

Working on your build is a great way to spend time during lockdown. Enjoy!

Thats awesome! the last large trip I took my Tundra on was likely a similar route that you took, being up there made me want to keep going further north but time said no. Its been alot of fun reading these threads and coming up with more ideas along with planning some fun routes through the Yukon. Hopefully this pandemic clears up soon and borders open up

OP
OP
DrewKD88

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
New to this thread and ill try to get it back on topic. I purchased a 2020 Ford Ranger in October 2020, and the next day ordered alot of equipment/gear to outfit it to live out of for 3 weeks while travelling through the Yukon (hopefully) this summer along with many other local planned outings in my local area of BC. My truck is a 2020 Ford Ranger FX4 6' box. I have installed Yakima roof bars and basket on the cab, 3" BDS lift/level, and Duratracs. I also have a decked system that is sitting in my garage. Because of COVID delays, I am still waiting on a Leer 100XR insulated canopy / camper shell, Prinsu topper rack, 50" curved Rigid light, and various odds and ends such as recovery gear/kitchen supplies etc. Absolutely love this truck so far and I am coming from a 2012 Toyota Tundra TRD. I love the smaller foot print of the Ranger and just the overall driving experience. It will be used as a home base away from home while spending summers mountain biking and winters ski-touring in the Kootenay mountains. Love reading this thread and have come up with even more ideas!
I had a trip planned for BC in June of 2020 on my motorcycle. I wanted to visit several Canadian National Parks. Unfortunately the border was closed. I had to cancel the entire thing. So instead of going there I flew to Louisiana and bought myself the Ranger. Not bad eh?
You have a pretty good idea of what you want. That is an impressive list. I am looking into a SmartCap Evo but those are very expensive. Hopefully things will go back to some resemblance of normal and I can make my trip to BC. My ultimate destination is Alaska. Hopefully by summer my truck will be built the way I want it.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator
I had a trip planned for BC in June of 2020 on my motorcycle. I wanted to visit several Canadian National Parks. Unfortunately the border was closed. I had to cancel the entire thing. So instead of going there I flew to Louisiana and bought myself the Ranger. Not bad eh?
You have a pretty good idea of what you want. That is an impressive list. I am looking into a SmartCap Evo but those are very expensive. Hopefully things will go back to some resemblance of normal and I can make my trip to BC. My ultimate destination is Alaska. Hopefully by summer my truck will be built the way I want it.
If I can make a recommendation for your future trip through BC to Alaska, I would recommend trying to cross the border near Creston BC, over Kootenay Pass into Nelson and through Nelson to Highway 6 up the Slocan Valley to Revelstoke. Highway 6 is extremely beautiful and the bonus is you get a free ferry ride across Arrow Lakes and many natural hot springs to stop at along the way. Ive been all over BC and the interior Kootenay region is really a hidden gem and the reason I live here. Extra bonus, plan to be in Hyder Alaska for early august to watch the grizzly bears feeding on spawning Salmon. I also looked at the Smartcap EVO but ultimately went with the LEER 100XR because it looks rather stealth and doesnt look like an obvious camper set up, which can be good for stealth camping. I have always been a toyota guy but decided to go with the ranger after hours and hours of research and i am glad i did. You sound like you are on track to having an awesome build, look forward to following along! If the borders open up and you want a bit of a local guide as you travel through, let me know! Here is a photo taken on Hwy 6 after skiing in the Goat Range
02A2E643-BA11-4614-8D34-5C11D4EA16EC.jpeg

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator

RangerVA

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
flew to Louisiana and bought myself the Ranger. Not bad eh?
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

D3D6AC13-356B-4B90-ACF2-5DA5AB943097.jpeg

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
From Pasadena? Not bad at all - fun drive home. I hope you get your truck set up. I have mine where I want it - for now at least.

My lockdown days are spent caring for my wife who is now starting her 11th month of COVID-19 as a “long-hauler” with no clear end in sight.

She is young and beautiful but now has the health issues of a ninety year old and requires the same level of care.

So, it seems a lot of us are doing the right things to keep ourselves and others safe.

We work on fixing up or simply shining up our trucks, take drives to our favourite hiking places and make plans for next summer or fall.

Keep up the good work - I’ll join you all as soon as I can. In the meantime, I have someone who really needs me to stay healthy and to stay at home right now.

She’d be in a very bad place if I caught this virus so I’m doing what I can to stay safe - I hope you do too.
Sorry to hear about your wife Duke. This virus is very strange as some get it and get over it without even going to the Dr. Others like your wife are hit very hard. Hopefully she recovers and gets better soon! ? Stay safe up there!

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

Praying you stay healthy and your wife makes a complete recovery.

scubasteve278

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Power System Operator

Really sorry to hear what you and your family are going through. That must be really tough. It seems that most people are starting to take the measures much more seriously (around here at least) and I am fortunate that my brother lives with me and is also my best backcountry skiing partner, and the nature of what I do in my spare time is already very socially distant. We've been taking all the necessary precautions as well as skiing terrain that is well within our limits to reduce the risk of the burden on EMS. Hope things turn around for you guys and everyone else. Looking forward to following everyones adventures if this pandemic ever ends. Love seeing other rigs purpose built, no matter what it is

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a photo taken on Hwy 6 after skiing in the Goat Range
Wow - that’s a great shot - great skiing, mountain biking, and hiking in the area. Spent some weekends there in the 80s and 90s - nice!

Did I mention that’s a great shot?

Last edited: