What oil will you be running after your 1st oil change?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Hydro Vac operator/ Amsoil Dealer
Tell that to Ford Motor Company. I'll stick with what Ford tells me to use, API Certified. I chose certifications, not snake oil.
Ford actually does recognize Amsoil as a warranty approved lubricant. It took years for them to acknowledge it. With all the testing that was done with Ford and the company seeing first hand the quality and protection their motors are getting , they have agreed to let Amsoil be one of the chosen oils.
10 or so years ago it was a different story because Ford wanted/had to promote their own products , which is understandable.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Ford actually does recognize Amsoil as a warranty approved lubricant. It took years for them to acknowledge it. With all the testing that was done with Ford and the company seeing first hand the quality and protection their motors are getting , they have agreed to let Amsoil be one of the chosen oils.
10 or so years ago it was a different story because Ford wanted/had to promote their own products , which is understandable.
Funny as I actually purchase my Amsoil from my local Ford/Toyota dealership parts department. Not sure why they would sell a product from a third party that would void their manufacturers warranty.
Brian

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
You can put anything YOU want in your truck, it is still a free country. But, what are you going to put in your truck when Joe eliminates oil. Bean juice? LOL ?

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
You can put anything YOU want in your truck, it is still a free country. But, what are you going to put in your truck when Joe eliminates oil. Bean juice? LOL ?
This Joe?
1606663574160.jpeg

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Funny as I actually purchase my Amsoil from my local Ford/Toyota dealership parts department. Not sure why they would sell a product from a third party that would void their manufacturers warranty.
Brian
Right ,especially when the API paid for stamp is on the OE & XL bottles.?

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Many people don't realize that Amsoil brought Synthetic oil to the market. All other oil manufacturers make a Synthetic oil to compete with them and not each other because they know Amsoil makes the superior product.
While Ford (and all engine manufacturers) is a huge company, they're not big enough to own their own oil refinery. They either buy the cheapest they can get away with, bottle it and sell it to maximize profits, or contract it out to the highest bidder. Ford oil can also change when they change suppliers and we, as consumers, would never know. The Ford oil you buy today might not be the same ford oil you bought a year ago.

Amsoil guy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Many people don't realize that Amsoil brought Synthetic oil to the market. All other oil manufacturers make a Synthetic oil to compete with them and not each other because they know Amsoil makes the superior product.
While Ford (and all engine manufacturers) is a huge company, they're not big enough to own their own oil refinery. They either buy the cheapest they can get away with, bottle it and sell it to maximize profits, or contract it out to the highest bidder. Ford oil can also change when they change suppliers and we, as consumers, would never know. The Ford oil you buy today might not be the same ford oil you bought a year ago.
100%. A buddy at work is convinced he has to use Castrol in his VW because it’s stamped on his oil cap. I told him it’s only stamped on there because Castrol and VW have a contract. You can use whatever oil you want. He then switched over and bought Amsoil from me and has never looked back. Big difference in performance In his Jetta was his feedback.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Following these oil threads is always so much fun. Listening to the fanboys of this oil brand or that. Listening to the testimonials that this oil or that oil gives better performance or milage. Most of which are based on individual experience and perception with little to no scientific data, sometimes third party.

My personal thoughts on this issue are: Pick a good Brand of full synthetic oil that meets the manufacturer's specifications. Change it regularly at the recommended or less than the recommended OCI, along with a good filter.

Personally, I think running any oil 20K is ridiculous. Especially with the known fuel dilution issues with GTDI engines some worse than others it appears in threads here. Seams like by 20K you would be draining quarts oil out to keep the level down.

I have intentionally not mentioned any brand in this post to avoid offending anyone. This thread appears to have become a very emotional issue. Did not want to start an argument. Seams very similar to the catch can issue.

It's your truck do what your comfortable with and are happy with. Don't worry about what others are doing, it's their truck, their life.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
100%. A buddy at work is convinced he has to use Castrol in his VW because it’s stamped on his oil cap. I told him it’s only stamped on there because Castrol and VW have a contract. You can use whatever oil you want. He then switched over and bought Amsoil from me and has never looked back. Big difference in performance In his Jetta was his feedback.
It's crazy how people fall for the marketing.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Blah, blah, blah, blah. I have used Ford Motor Craft Oil from day one when I got my 1985 Mustang Gt when I was 18 back in '88. Every Ford vehicle I have ever owned I continued to use the FMCO with no issues. Got into racing back in 2005 and have raced all my stang's. Blew up motors from either to much giggle juice or too much boost. Never an oil issue, and I can tell you from experience each motor I tore into didn't have ONE single drop of sludge build up from FMCO, not one. Now my buddy's engine that he used Mobile 1 synthetic, you bet your sweet ass it has some build up in the upper valve train and valve covers. So I will stick with FMCO and save the $$$$$$$ everything else, just a feel good. Your $$ not mine. Oil is like any maintenance, stay on top of it and change it when your supposed too. If you hot rod or drive it like you stole it, you will have to change the interval in which you swap it out. Not rocket science folks, just straight up ole fashion experience and truth. There's a reason why FMCO oil is still on the shelf. You won't find Honda or Dodge oil setting on the shelf, that's for sure.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Penzoil Platinum. Guess because I never had any issues with any Penzoil in any car I ever changed oil in...
Sponsored