First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
To be a Tacoma owner and every time you are driving it, having this overwhelming sense that it’s your obligation to show everyone up, particularly those that drive a Ranger. It’s almost as if they are pissed that they decided to buy a Tacoma and now have to somehow try and prove their superiority. Is it just me or have you all noticed this ? I let my truck speak for itself, with no input from me whatsoever.
i have noticed as well! when i would drive the muscle cars i got that "show of force" often lol.
in my mind i sorta equate it to the ricer cars with hilarious wings and spoilers, splitters, wash of racer ricey stickers and clown car rims. They just gotta show that under that econo box beater skin is a beast that feeds on lesser cars.... many of them also toyotas for some reason :)
I know I know some of them are fast. They have nos and big turbos and all sorts of whateves... good for them. they might be the brightest crayola left in the freebie box of other broken crayons at day care. :sunglasses:
1655489455270.png

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
its the actions and attitudes of some that bring comments like this. im not a brand loyalist or follower of any one type of engine or setup. i have seen lots of cars and trucks that are nice, or that i would want to own and so on including toyota. but when you get the folks with personality flaws behind the wheel it tarnishes the image of those rides quickly. example: tell me you have not been tail gated by a BMW before. and do you ever get surprised when it happens the next times? NO. so after a while seeing tailgating BMWs is nothing new at all. ( not a hater I have an awd turbo Big Money Waste in the garage now) maybe certain vehicles attract certain peeps. lifted half tons with tiny short beds and wheels with fake bead locks - lil man group lol. beater truck with no mufflers- redneck meth group- 4 door jeep with all sorts of colored "accessories" and empowerment stickers - cheer leader, rich girl. ricer cars with stupid wings and mismatched body kits- the left overs group lol. The ranger drivers - we are not always fastest or strongest or even smartest. clearly we are the ones that are the best in bed.:crazy::LOL:

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I had a Toyota truck, like a 1990 model year. It was a great truck for the time. I like my Ranger better though. Press photo but mine looked just like this.

EA9D4BD6-BE94-40BD-93CB-7759E0D1E101.jpeg
I had a '87 Model 4x2 with a 4 speed and the 4 cyl, learned to drive on it and abused it to hell and it kept on ticking .

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
I have not had an issue with any meatless Tacos yet. That said, the immaturity in me quietly enjoys slightly getting in front of them to be sure they can see this:

738A3D87-9FBA-4A71-9E52-63BCFB468F1A.jpeg

I highly recommend the subtle kick in the nuts.

No Tacos Decal eBay

Last edited:

Doogie

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 2wd/ 2003 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Re(tired) Electrician
To be a Tacoma owner and every time you are driving it, having this overwhelming sense that it’s your obligation to show everyone up, particularly those that drive a Ranger. It’s almost as if they are pissed that they decided to buy a Tacoma and now have to somehow try and prove their superiority. Is it just me or have you all noticed this ? I let my truck speak for itself, with no input from me whatsoever.
I find also that with a domestic vehicle as in our illustrious ? Ford Ranger you get more options included in the same price range or even less than the Toyota.

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I just love getting them behind me. Then I’ll go under the speed limit to piss them off. Like hey. I’m old. Then they get beside me at the next light and I’ll leave them again
One day you may come out to see your damaged truck, and wonder why someone would scratch your vehicle, break your mirrors, or flatten your tires. Hopefully you 'll remember how proud you were of driving like an a$$hole, and learn the lesson.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
I can't express how disinterested I am in what others may choose to drive. If someone shows an interest in what I am driving, positively or negatively, I just smile with a brief wave and start putting some distance between me and them (usually by driving abnormally slowly. :))

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
People here in PHX drive like crap on any given day. I don't have the time or inclination to indulge anyone's particular bad driving habits so I spend a lot of my drive time in "old man mode", in the right lane, at or nearly at the speed limit, and trying to keep as far away from the spastic drivers that we all know are out there.

Never raced a Taco or any other food group here as I value my mpg's too much ;)

OP
OP
Carmell269

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
People here in PHX drive like crap on any given day. I don't have the time or inclination to indulge anyone's particular bad driving habits so I spend a lot of my drive time in "old man mode", in the right lane, at or nearly at the speed limit, and trying to keep as far away from the spastic drivers that we all know are out there.

I’m too old to indulge the weird behaviors myself and have no interest at all to engage or reciprocate someone’s actions while driving. Way too dangerous these days and I got far too much to lose to stoop to someone’s level. Im kinda regretting starting this thread and by no means wanted it to turn into something ugly. I was merely trying to blow off steam from a experience I had on the interstate and be humorous about it. Sorry folks.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager

I have noticed a lot of people like to try and race in Phoenix. I did accidentally race a taco a while back. I was keeping it under 3k and stopped at roughly 50mph in a 45. This guy flew past me redlining the thing. I didn't notice we were racing at all.
Sponsored