What I like best about my Ranger

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I don't want them removing fenders and the front end to close the gap 1/4 " It doesn't bother me especially after reading others with far more ominous issues with fit, Not worth the time and possible screw-ups.

The shop told me they have had more than a few Rangers with factory sloppy fits. Mostly doors and beds. he seemed bewildered about the factory issues, (I posted a poll here to see how widespread the uneven and misaligned body panels are)

Actually, I was in the body shop to have Mud Flaps installed and while I was there I asked about it, When he told me what they would have to do, I decided not worth it. They can create issues of a much higher magnitude. IF they try to tweak the hood they may crack the paint and run from their mistake.

Filed under "pick my fights carefully", I may need them later for something more serious, I never noticed it. My brother did. He is extremely OCD so this would bother him. Me not so much.

Hope I answered your question...Cheers!!
You may well have some issues, but they are clearly not endemic.
Sorry, for your isolated problems which Ford probably would have resolved at delivery had they been immediately noticeable.
(They might still)
I do understand how glaring an imperfection can be after you see it for the first time.
I have never seen better fit and finish from any source than my Ranger or the many Rangers I have seen.
Sponsored

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I don't want them removing fenders and the front end to close the gap 1/4 " It doesn't bother me especially after reading others with far more ominous issues with fit, Not worth the time and possible screw-ups.

The shop told me they have had more than a few Rangers with factory sloppy fits. Mostly doors and beds. he seemed bewildered about the factory issues, (I posted a poll here to see how widespread the uneven and misaligned body panels are)

Actually, I was in the body shop to have Mud Flaps installed and while I was there I asked about it, When he told me what they would have to do, I decided not worth it. They can create issues of a much higher magnitude. IF they try to tweak the hood they may crack the paint and run from their mistake.

Filed under "pick my fights carefully", I may need them later for something more serious, I never noticed it. My brother did. He is extremely OCD so this would bother him. Me not so much.

Hope I answered your question...Cheers!!
Bought a new Dakota in 2004, had a heater core leak, the shop manager said if they took it apart to fix it, it may squeak when they put it back together. I told him he would take it apart again and put it back together until it did not squeak. Bought 2 brand new vehicles from that dealer in the same month, never went back and never will. Sounds though like your Ford guys want to make your situation right no matter what it takes. I would give them a chance if it was me. Life is to short to buy a brand new truck and not totally enjoy it.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a new Dakota in 2004, had a heater core leak, the shop manager said if they took it apart to fix it, it may squeak when they put it back together. I told him he would take it apart again and put it back together until it did not squeak. Bought 2 brand new vehicles from that dealer in the same month, never went back and never will. Sounds though like your Ford guys want to make your situation right no matter what it takes. I would give them a chance if it was me. Life is to short to buy a brand new truck and not totally enjoy it.

I am enjoying the hell out of the truck LOL

I understand where many would stand on this issue. It would bug them night and day........We are talking about a 1/4" difference from the windshield to the front of the hood. It just doesn't bother me to the extent to remove panels or tweaking the hood. Some owners have far worse finish issues. I am glad the dealer offered to take care of it. Tells me a lot about them.

It's just not worth the trouble for me. Few would notice it without actually being told. I 've seen other trucks with an overlapping hood to fender fitment. That's would be bad....

After they had the truck for a while he told me they adjusted it as best they could without taking it apart, No thanks. I may have bigger fish to fry where I may need the benefit of the doubt,

Here is the side with the "issue" The space between the hood and fender gets wider as it goes to the front....I never would have noticed it had not another( far more OCD) to point it out.

unnamed (29).jpg

Last edited:

Srgraham1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL STX
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite thing is how the truck seems perfectly happy to just cruise down the road and piss off everyone behind it or get up and go when called into action. Favorite, most versatile vehicle I've ever owned. Even when towing, I lumber along and think do I have the power to pass this truck? No issue what so ever, it is up to the challenge. Looking forward to some offroad experience in this truck but with all I've seen so far, I am very confident it is up to the task!

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
For me it's hard for say what is my most favorite on my truck because I love everything about it. From the performance to the navigation system to the handling performance, and the Terrain Management system.

Screenshot_20190531-222827_Gallery.jpg

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I Love the power seats. After four Tacomas, the seats in the Ranger may as well be a Lincoln. Same seats same tech with better resale. Tacoma is so far behind. No remote locking tailgate, no gas struts on the hood, Shallower bed, Still using drum brakes, No Android Auto and SYNC3 beats Entunes buy a lot, Unable to delete Moon roof on higher packages

45,000 posts in a $700 Tuner thread because the drivetrain is awful, Rear end issues abound..... I got rid of the 2016 and here I am.

.Toyota is not stepping up to issues. .They are claiming "they all do that" which says in one sentence:
We are aware of the issues AND we will do nothing about it
What's really funny is that the $700 Tacoma Tuner doesn't even do a very good job of correcting the shifting issues they have. I'm stuck with my Tacoma for a couple more months and can't wait until my Ranger is built and delivered.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I love the whole truck but my favorite part is it's paid for (first time for that, no payments....yipee).

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Pros
Sync3
Ride Quality
Design in and out
Power

Cons
Paint and fit quality is so-so
Could use a few more luxury items like cooled seats, seat memory etc
Tow Pkg should be standard

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I love the whole truck but my favorite part is it's paid for (first time for that, no payments....yipee).
For me it's hard for say what is my most favorite on my truck because I love everything about it. From the performance to the navigation system to the handling performance, and the Terrain Management system.

Screenshot_20190531-222827_Gallery.jpg
Dude your truck is a beauty. Silver looks great with the dark accents The door handles and mirror backs make that all work together. And those wheels and tires.............. VERY NICE.

DrRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Taurus, 2019 Ranger XL (May 20)
Occupation
Retired
I am enjoying the hell out of the truck LOL

I understand where many would stand on this issue. It would bug them night and day........We are talking about a 1/4" difference from the windshield to the front of the hood. It just doesn't bother me to the extent to remove panels or tweaking the hood. Some owners have far worse finish issues. I am glad the dealer offered to take care of it. Tells me a lot about them.

It's just not worth the trouble for me. Few would notice it without actually being told. I 've seen other trucks with an overlapping hood to fender fitment. That's would be bad....

After they had the truck for a while he told me they adjusted it as best they could without taking it apart, No thanks. I may have bigger fish to fry where I may need the benefit of the doubt,

Here is the side with the "issue" The space between the hood and fender gets wider as it goes to the front....I never would have noticed it had not another( far more OCD) to point it out.

View attachment 11684
Even with your picture, I still can't see it. Guess I'm REALLY tolerant (or blind - but then I could not drive).

JoedOH

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Well, I said I love the power that this truck has. I was reminded of that for the first time today. I own a boat about 40 miles away from my home. Most of the drive there is freeway except for the last 10 miles which is a 2 lane road with a speed limit of 55 mph. Almost never fails that I end up with someone in front of me going 35 mph and gawking at everything along the drive.

Today I had "The Queen of the Turtles" in front of me on the very first mile, speedometer read 35. No opposing traffic, I put the shifter in "S" and hit the accelerator. When I looked in the rear view mirror I realized I'd left her at least a 1/8 mile behind me. I haven't been able to do that in the last 6 years!

I also live in a rural area. The night before was the first time I had the truck out at night on a road where there are no street lights. The LED lights are amazing. Really got me how bright and how far they light up the road ahead.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
I like the sunroof, wait, that wasn't an option, OK how about the power back window, oops, couldn't get that. Just kidding but 2 things I would like see how ever what I most like is being back in a truck as my daily driver. liked my Fusion but there is something about a truck. One more thing to like is the ability to accessorize to make it your own. Now just where do I find Cherry Bombs for the Ranger?

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I like the sync 3 and the raw power the Ecoboost engine has. This is my third Ecoboost and I love it.
Sponsored