First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
It's a guy thing, like the 5'2" 120 lb guy needing a ladder to climb up into his monster truck, my wife calls it a PE, or the 'my wanker is bigger' thing. I just drive the damn truck the way I want and to heck with everyone else.
Sponsored

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
I haven’t had any experiences like this yet, but I could see it happening more once you lift and put some big tires on the Ranger.

I love my Ranger so far and how it can get up and go. It’s my first truck, and honestly before I bought it 6 months ago I ignored every truck on the road. Now I see them all and think most of them are great.

I’m sure within 2 years, our 5g Ranger will be passed by the new Tacoma, Canyon, 6g Ranger, etc., and that’s fine with me.

I’ll just keep enjoying my 5g.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Well what I have to come realize in life is this. There is a guy with a faster car, bigger house, more money, more toys etc. But I can honestly say I been blessed in life myself. I live comfortably, have my health back, have great family and friends. So just enjoy the ride. (That's someone tag line right)? :LOL: :LOL:

Raygunn

First Name
Reagon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Building Automation
When I decided to down size from my 20 yr old F-150 last year, I was set on a Tacoma due to their "last forever" reputation. After some research, including this forum and TFL's mid-size truck comparisons, I went with the Ranger and I am SO glad I did. I'm usually not speeding when drive I past those Tacos.... at the fuel pump.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I haven’t had any experiences like this yet, but I could see it happening more once you lift and put some big tires on the Ranger.

I love my Ranger so far and how it can get up and go. It’s my first truck, and honestly before I bought it 6 months ago I ignored every truck on the road. Now I see them all and think most of them are great.

I’m sure within 2 years, our 5g Ranger will be passed by the new Tacoma, Canyon, 6g Ranger, etc., and that’s fine with me.

I’ll just keep enjoying my 5g.
Yuhsir. Where I live Lifted trucks with tires sticking out 6 inches passed the fenders is almost as common as SUV’s. They love to race, which is kind of comical when they’ve set their vehicles up for less speed and maneuverability. The only advantage that I’ve seen is when there’s flooded roads once every two years. Kind of like me taking a lowered sport truck or mustang to an off road course. Kind of special if you know what I mean, then again oiltrash and many 5tf1’ers around here put a whole new definition on ignorant.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
its a mental flaw in some folks :LOL: they always have something to prove. now and then id see some of the lil man style trucks at friday night drags at tx motor speedway and as expected they typically got smoked lol. I always wondered why bring a lifted 4x4 truck to a drag race. but at least they were doing it legally. so if they had fun good for them. thanks to covid tms shut down the drags.

OP
OP
Carmell269

Carmell269

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Electric motor mechanic
Ok I’m only writing this because I need to vent. The same freakin thing happened again today that caused me to start the thread In the first place. Now I know that Tacoma guys have a major effing problem. Had a long, hard, hot ass week at work, finally get off and I’m on my way home, cruising along in the fast lane, tunes going in my favorite truck, happy to be done with the week. Out of no where, this asshat driving a pond scum green Tacoma, jerks over from the center lane right in front of me, so close that it triggered the collision assist. I had a flashing red screen and alarms going off, my truck was pissed too ! If that wasn’t enough, he slams on his brakes and starts flipping me off. My son told me my truck looks menacing, I’m not sure about that, but it does seem to have an adverse affect on turd drivers. To all Tacoma drivers, I’m sorry that you are pissed off with your choice to buy an inferior truck and feel you need to take out your anger on those who have a far superior vehicle. Get over your self for crying out loud ! Now, I’m going to have some beer.

Last edited:

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
itsa-toyota-thing-jeeps-wouldnt-understand-meme-kappit-com-toyota-tacoma-52155266.png

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I’m only writing this because I need to vent. The same freakin thing happened again today that caused me to start the thread In the first place. Now I know that Tacoma guys have a major effing problem. Had a long, hard, hot ass week at work, finally get off and I’m on my way home, cruising along in the fast lane, tunes going in my favorite truck, happy to be done with the week. Out of no where, this asshat driving a pond scum green Tacoma, jerks over from the center lane right in front of me, so close that it triggered the collision assist. I had a flashing red screen and alarms going off, my truck was pissed too ! If that wasn’t enough, he slams on his brakes and starts flipping me off. My son told me my truck looks menacing, I’m not sure about that, but it does seem to have an adverse affect on turd drivers. To all Tacoma drivers, I’m sorry that you are pissed off with your choice to buy an inferior truck and feel you need to take out your anger on those who have a far superior vehicle. Get over your self for crying out loud ! Now, I’m going to have some beer.
Yep...several Tao drivers have done similar to me in Flagstaff.. I just have to let them go... Being Top Dog comes with the territory. They have to try to knock you off the top of the hill.....Good Luck!

Best,
Phil

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation