What is this? The main reason I joined is because not even the dealer knew the answer

OP
OP

Wassel75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Law Enforcement
What I meant to type was...even the sales guys at my dealership had no clue what this box is. I have a 2020 Ranger (duh) Lariat FX4. Does this box have something to do with the FX4 package?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
What I meant to type was...even the sales guys at my dealership had no clue what this box is. I have a 2020 Ranger (duh) Lariat FX4. Does this box have something to do with the FX4 package?
I get that a new owner doesn’t know what that is, so no shade being thrown at you, but the sales guy? Come on! I guess Ford dealers no longer hold product knowledge competitions for their sales people.

You should ask him what the key slot in the rear bumper is for.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
When I bought my Ranger in September 2019, after asking numerous questions I had already researched online, I quickly discovered that I was more knowledgeable about the "new" Ranger than anybody I met at the dealership. Caveat Emptor

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I also had no idea what that was. Thanks for the heads up! I don’t have adaptive cruise on my 2019 and now I’m glad about that. I have it on my Hyundai Kona Ultimate and it ticks me off every time I’m on the highway...lol.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I’ve have never bought any type a vehicle where the salesman knew more than I did about it.
The scary part is I'm seeing this more and more since joining the Bronco forum. It seems dealers all over the country have not been trained at all on most of these vehicles. I mean Ford is basically a truck company since getting rid of almost all their cars. There's no reason they shouldn't have someone who specializes in each model. At least then the salesman could ask instead of looking like fool.

One guy said his dealer called him and said he could test drive a Bronco. He specifically asked a full size one? Dealer said yes and everyone on the forum told him he was in for a big let down as NO dealers have a full size one. Sure enough it was a Bronco Sport! :facepalm:

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
The salesman are always clueless. After watching him struggle for a couple minutes getting my Ford Pass set up I just ask if he wanted me to do it. He agreed and I had it done in seconds ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
The scary part is I'm seeing this more and more since joining the Bronco forum. It seems dealers all over the country have not been trained at all...:facepalm:
It seems to be actually a larger audience than just auto sales. If you pay attention closely, the attitude of "it's work" seems prevalent all over. Looks like pride in work has been killed off by the PC-ness need to punish any achievement...just say'n.:lipssealed:

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Refreshingly this go round my salesman TJ at Sarasota Ford had exceptional product knowledge of the truck. He knew everything from gear ratios to ground clearance and every single detail of every function related to the FX4 electronics as well as all other systems of the truck. Very professional and informative. Was a great experience.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm in the same boat. I spend so much time researching every aspect of almost any product I buy, or am even considering buying. And the Ranger was no exception. I was researching and learning everything that could be learned about this truck from the minute it was announced to be coming back to the minute before I went into the dealer to purchase one 2.5 years later. haha

Thx....I'm going to carry this video on my phone for now on! ?

I do the same, I will research things to death. I can guarantee you I know more about this darn Bronco than most salesman out there and it's not even made yet. If they delay it any longer I might just start building one myself. lol

Last edited:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
To their credit the auto sales people seem to have mastered the line " Let me take that offer to the sales manager, I'll be right back"

Now I worked several decades in IT sales and underwent extensive - as in sometimes weeks of training with testing, so I had to laugh when door to door sales people all seem to rely on the same pitch " we are already working with your several of your neighbors" I then ask for names and should they even have any (usually don't) I respond with "I really really hate those neighbors" and watch them try to come up with another pitch but often times they just turn tail.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
Refreshingly this go round my salesman TJ at Sarasota Ford had exceptional product knowledge of the truck. He knew everything from gear ratios to ground clearance and every single detail of every function related to the FX4 electronics as well as all other systems of the truck. Very professional and informative. Was a great experience.
same here - salesman where I bought my Ranger was locked on. He probably was 25, but a truck guy. Now, the salesman at some of the other dealerships were lost. My experience was the more Rangers they had the more they knew about them.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I get that a new owner doesn’t know what that is, so no shade being thrown at you, but the sales guy? Come on! I guess Ford dealers no longer hold product knowledge competitions for their sales people.

You should ask him what the key slot in the rear bumper is for.
my sales guy had no idea where the side view folding button was Or how to re-latch the rear seat back...crazy.
Sponsored