What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Jason Bardo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 1948 Willy’s CJ2A
X plan
- 1750 Private cash
+ free spray in bed liner
Sponsored

Peter949

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
MSRP $39,165 and got it just under $35,600

$2470 discount
$500 student
$500 off for a ding that they will fix and provide a rental while it's in the body shop.

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Screw cab Lariot FX4
I noticed several are posting the x-plan price as couple hundred over invoice. If you read the details on the x-plan website it says the x-plan price is .4% below invoice. It also states the dealer admin fee is capped at $100. My dealer normally charges a $399 admin fee. So x-plan also saves $299 on the admin fee.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed several are posting the x-plan price as couple hundred over invoice. If you read the details on the x-plan website it says the x-plan price is .4% below invoice. It also states the dealer admin fee is capped at $100. My dealer normally charges a $399 admin fee. So x-plan also saves $299 on the admin fee.
X Plan is (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + $275 Administration Fee. That's why X plan is over invoice.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm#pricing

beetlespin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Supercrew FX4
Not a penny changed hands.

2011 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost Supercrew + 2015 Mustang GT Premium = 2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat FX4 (MSRP $44,960)

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It states in the link you posted under pricing formula x-plan is invoice -0.4. If you look at question 24 under FAQ it states the admin fee is capped at $100 like I said in my post. If your dealer charged you $275 he broke the x-plan rules.
Rereading what I posted, you're right it's dealer invoice - 0.4%.

However the $275 Admin Fee is non-negotiable and separate from the Document fee. So unless your invoice price is greater than $69,000 ($69,000 x 0.4% = $276) that's why X plan will always be higher than invoice.

DrSafety

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Electric Blue
Vehicle Showcase
It states in the link you posted under pricing formula x-plan is invoice -0.4. If you look at question 24 under FAQ it states the admin fee is capped at $100 like I said in my post. If your dealer charged you $275 he broke the x-plan rules.
The link states:
"X-Plan is a pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand. The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice.
X-Plan
Ford
Dealer Invoice - (0.4% * Dealer Invoice) + Administration Fee* (see sample invoice)
*$275 Administration Fee."

As correctly stated in the above post.

FAQ #24 states the document fee is limited to $100 not the administrative fee in fact if you read further that this does not effect the $275 Administrative Fee..

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rereading what I posted, you're right it's dealer invoice - 0.4%.

However the $275 Admin Fee is non-negotiable and separate from the Document fee. So unless your invoice price is greater than $69,000 ($69,000 x 0.4% = $276) that's why X plan will always be higher than invoice.
I think what is causing the confusion is that admin and Doc fees mean the same thing at different dealers. Under 21 of FAQ it states "Always keep in mind that customers using the X-Plan program do not pay dealer admin fees, which may be an additional cost on alternative price points." But under 24 it says doc fees are capped at $100 but then states in the same answer that it doesn't effect the $275 admin fee.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think what is causing the confusion is that admin and Doc fees mean the same thing at different dealers. Under 21 of FAQ it states "Always keep in mind that customers using the X-Plan program do not pay dealer admin fees, which may be an additional cost on alternative price points." But under 24 it says doc fees are capped at $100 but then states in the same answer that it doesn't effect the $275 admin fee.
The $275 administration fee covers costs of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program, (i.e. the X plan program). You won't see it listed on the purchase order because it comes included in the X Plan price. It is non-negotiable and goes directly to Ford.

The $100 Document Fee is in addition to the X Plan price and is charged by the dealer.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
The $275 administration fee covers costs of managing the New Vehicle Purchase Program, (i.e. the X plan program). You won't see it listed on the purchase order because it comes included in the X Plan price. It is non-negotiable and goes directly to Ford.

The $100 Document Fee is in addition to the X Plan price and is charged by the dealer.
Don't worry, about the doc fee cap, my dealer threw the rest of their doc fee in another section when I did all the calculations. Yea it lists $100 on paperwork, but the other $50 was under accessories. Watch how they move numbers around to still get paid. I wasn't too worried, it's only $50, but those that have crazy fees watch out.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't worry, about the doc fee cap, my dealer threw the rest of their doc fee in another section when I did all the calculations. Yea it lists $100 on paperwork, but the other $50 was under accessories. Watch how they move numbers around to still get paid. I wasn't too worried, it's only $50, but those that have crazy fees watch out.
CA state maximum doc fees are capped at $80, so I only paid X Plan + $80. No BS

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Some dealers call the fee they add to the purchase price a documentation fee while others call it an Administration fee. Most dealers in my area add a $399 charge and call it an Administration fee. It's a pre printed fee on there sale contract that they had to mark out and write in $100 on my Ranger. I didn't realize that Ford included a $275 Administration fee in the x-plan price.

Something I found interesting was the x-plan price is different in different areas. The dealer had to locate and do a dealer trade to get the Ranger I wanted. They located the exact same Ranger with the same MSRP $45,590 at dealers in different states. The one in Leavenworth, KS had an x-plan price of $43,839. The one they located and traded for in Omaha, NE had an x-plan price of $43,615. When the dealer quoted me different x-plan prices I did a dealer search and found both Rangers on the X-plan website and verified they were equipped identically and the different x-plan prices.

Last edited:

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something I found interesting was the x-plan price is different in different areas. The dealer had to locate and do a dealer trade to get the Ranger I wanted. They located the exact same Ranger with the same MSRP $45,590 at dealers in different states. The one in Leavenworth, KS had an x-plan price of $43,839. The one they located and traded for in Omaha, NE had an x-plan price of $43,615. When the dealer quoted me different x-plan prices I did a dealer search and found both Rangers on the X-plan website and verified they were equipped identically and the different x-plan prices.
I decided to ask my dealer why the two identical trucks had a different X-Plan price. He said each district has it's own advertising fee. The district Omaha, NE is in has a $224 lower fee per vehicle then the district Kansas City and Leavenworth, KS are in. it would be nice if we could find out the area each district covers. That way if we are near a district boundary we could check dealers in multiple districts to see which had the lower advertising fee and the resulting lower x-plan price.
Sponsored