What do you regret buying for your Ranger?

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
Trust me I know about those impulse buys. I've always had trucks and never modded any of them until I joined this forum. Next thing I know I'm replacing perfectly good tires at 800 miles then it's look at those cool grille lights I gotta have those too. :facepalm:

My advise is plant a few of these come spring.?

money-tree-351.jpg
Buying the truck in the winter was probably an unintentional big-brain move. This way I won't want to be outside to add anything to it so hopefully I'll just save the money till it's time to spend it in warmer weather!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Buying the truck in the winter was probably an unintentional big-brain move. This way I won't want to be outside to add anything to it so hopefully I'll just save the money till it's time to spend it in warmer weather!
Yeah but come spring it's off to the races and you'll be spending money like crazy. lol There is a lot of cool stuff and idea on here and you just have to have the will to stop at some point.

Bret @Cape Cruiser spent so much on his first Ranger he went out and bought his wife one so he could start all over again. ?

Scheusal

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ford Finance Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Shadow Black paint job, love the blue color when I see one on the street. Otherwise I am happy with my truck so far, mostly looked here to see what not to get for it. Happy to see no regrets on CAI or adding a tune.
I HATE MY INJEN CAI :( LOL

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Im highly debating getting rid if my raptor style grill and going back to my factory grill and just matte blacking our the bezel and logo like everything else on my truck.

I see this style grill on everything nowadays it seems from rangers to F150s

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Im highly debating getting rid if my raptor style grill and going back to my factory grill and just matte blacking our the bezel and logo like everything else on my truck.

It got way popular way fast. I think it's neat but it never was going to fit my mostly stock build, especially with how much they wanted for a piece of plastic.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
It got way popular way fast. I think it's neat but it never was going to fit my mostly stock build, especially with how much they wanted for a piece of plastic.
Yea i got the clone version (DOOD brand) that I caught on sale on Amazon for $168 back last year.

JP11

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4

I’d gladly take it off your hands if you’re willing to ship lol

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
Honestly, after almost 2 years of ownership, I kind of regret buying the truck. At first, it seemed amazing, with a transmission and engine that just glides! Super smooth (still my favorite part of the truck). What I should have paid more attention to is the general quality of everything else (body panels, paint, plastics, etc.). The engine and transmission might keep going, but the rest of the truck isn't going to hold up long term imo. Will be looking at that new Frontier in a few years (maybe 4-5 years down the road), or a Tacoma perhaps.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
Honestly, after almost 2 years of ownership, I kind of regret buying the truck. At first, it seemed amazing, with a transmission and engine that just glides! Super smooth (still my favorite part of the truck). What I should have paid more attention to is the general quality of everything else (body panels, paint, plastics, etc.). The engine and transmission might keep going, but the rest of the truck isn't going to hold up long term imo. Will be looking at that new Frontier in a few years (maybe 4-5 years down the road), or a Tacoma perhaps.
So...you regret it because of what it might do?

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
The RTR grille looks pretty good as an alternative. But agree that the RAptor grille is overdone. There’s even Tacoma’s out there running raptor looking grilles with three little amber lights . And the letters spell FOOD ....Come on, man!

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
The RTR grille looks pretty good as an alternative. But agree that the RAptor grille is overdone. There’s even Tacoma’s out there running raptor looking grilles with three little amber lights . And the letters spell FOOD ....Come on, man!
Probably unpopular opinion here, but RTR stuff is *grossly* overpriced, and honestly doesn't even look that good, generally. I've been extremely underwhelmed at their products.

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
Shadow Black paint job, love the blue color when I see one on the street. Otherwise I am happy with my truck so far, mostly looked here to see what not to get for it. Happy to see no regrets on CAI or adding a tune.
Double that for black paint. I traded in my explorer sport in black...what a royal pain to keep clean. Went to magnetic grey for that exact reason...doesn’t show the dirt as quick ?